Author Topic: Ever have a mystical experience?  (Read 3766 times)

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
Ever have a mystical experience?
« on: September 21, 2007, 01:33:55 PM »
Not to brag, but I've had many. (Technically we're all having mystical experiences with each and every moment that we're in this strange, mystical world, but you know what I mean.... ;))

Some years ago, perhaps 15, I laid my head down to sleep and straight-off flipped into another world!

I found myself fully awake as a sphere of energy traveling about 20-feet over a beautiful shoreline. On my left was a large burnt-orange sun that was resting half-way in a magnificent ocean ... with waves of clean, dark water crashing upon the shore and on some large boulders that jutted out into the water in front of me. And on my right was a great sand-dune that swept up into the distance and which seemed to shimmer in the weak rays of the sun. The pitch-black sky was void of both clouds and stars, as far as I could tell.

As I floated along, I could feel the air on my being. It was magnificent to say the least, as I took it all in. I was comfortable and not at all afraid; I felt free.

The entire experience probably didn't last for more than 15-seconds.

I awoke in my bed and have never forgotten what it was like to be in that hauntingly beautiful world for the short time that I was. I felt all alone there; just me, God, and that dark, clean, empty world with all its water, sand and rocks.

I bring this experience up because for some time now I've been feeling like there's not much going on in this world except hatred and misunderstanding. And not to pick on the blacks, but I'm particularly unhappy about seeming to always see them in the media saying one thing after another about how racist "white America" is and, yet, never do any of them make so much as a single mention about how good they've got it with respect to the standard of living that they enjoy (though in a million eternities I doubt they could ever come up with air-conditioning, plasma TVs x a million x a billion were they left to discover and invent these things on their own).

Spoiled, evil, loud-mouths (of all races and colors) are a cancer to the joy that people as a whole *should* be feeling about themselves and this country in regular day to day living, IMO. Thus the whole downer that I feel makes me reflect on some of my better mystical experiences and is the reason why I bring the issue up, so as to share with others that also feel dragged down ... to take some comfort and hope in knowing that there really are places where there are no lib a-holes doing their thing.

Anyone else had pleasant other-worldly experiences they'd like to share in order to spread some hope and joy around?

Thanks for your time! :)

Joe Schmo

Re: Ever have a mystical experience?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 01:41:46 PM »
Yes.  When I listen to the music of Scriabin.  ;)

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 02:26:45 PM »
Yup; every time I sleep. ;D
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 02:28:43 PM »
Would it be considered a mystical experience if I missed a bus and it ended up getting hijacked?  And then 5 years later not getting inside my mom's car when i could have and unfortunately had a car accident on teh side tha ti would have been sitting in? (of course she's fine)
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 04:04:36 PM »
Would it be considered a mystical experience if I missed a bus and it ended up getting hijacked? 

That would and should be a day of celebration for you. It shows the hand of G-d (for you to see), but technically every moment is supervised by G-d.
- you should mark that day every year as a personal celebration - I would even say Halel.

The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 12:26:29 AM »
I had an out of body experience once.

It was pretty amazing.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 12:28:34 AM »

It was pretty amazing.

horse tranquilizer?
just kidding.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 12:40:47 AM »
Would it be considered a mystical experience if I missed a bus and it ended up getting hijacked? 

That would and should be a day of celebration for you. It shows the hand of G-d (for you to see), but technically every moment is supervised by G-d.
- you should mark that day every year as a personal celebration - I would even say Halel.

All i remember was that it was 18 years ago..and it was in the winter time..I think i can find the Hebrew newspaper article...so i'll have to check that out..

When you say Hallel, what prayer(s) is that?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Joe Schmo

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 12:41:37 AM »
Listen to the Poem of Ecstacy.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 12:43:15 AM »

It was pretty amazing.

horse tranquilizer?
just kidding.

No, I was stone cold sober and I woke up floating around three feet above my bed. When I thought about it and thought "Wait a second, Am I dying?", I got scared and immediately shot back into my body. It was pretty wild.

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

newman

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 12:44:21 AM »
If I'm really whacked on Hose Cuervo, I do.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 12:53:22 AM »

All i remember was that it was 18 years ago..and it was in the winter time..I think i can find the Hebrew newspaper article...so i'll have to check that out..

When you say Hallel, what prayer(s) is that?
It consists mainly of Tehillim 113-118, but there is some stuff before and after.  It can be found in most Siddurim.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 12:54:52 AM »
Yes!

I once had a mystical experience!

In 1997, while touring the Himalayans, I was introduced by my guide to Sri Krisnavakari Bhajijavad, the Seer of the Mountains.

Upon meeting him, he asked, "My son"..."What may I give you?"

"I wish I was much smarter than I am", Sir Bhaji" I replied.

"You must fast for 24 hrs, meditate for one continuous week afterwards, taking only juices and 7 nuts daily for nourishment"..."Then you will return, and be ever so much smarter!"

Elated, I descended the mountains to my cabin below, and followed the Man of Wisdom's admonitions to the letter.

One week later, I returned to the Seer high in the Himalayas.

"Did you follow my directions carefully, my son?"

"Yes, Sir"..."But to be quite honest, I don't think that it worked!"

"You see, my son!"...."You're getting smarter already!"

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 01:01:23 AM »
No .
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 01:01:43 AM »
I had one once while I was awake and experienced a feeling of the world to come. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 01:02:11 AM »

It was pretty amazing.

horse tranquilizer?
just kidding.

No, I was stone cold sober and I woke up floating around three feet above my bed. When I thought about it and thought "Wait a second, Am I dying?", I got scared and immediately shot back into my body. It was pretty wild.

Yeah, that was definitely an OBE.  You wouldn't have died although I can see why you'd be scared.  If you felt comfortable enough you could have taken a trip down the block or something and then eventually see new places and things.  You can teach yourself how to have them, there are a few methods for obtaining them on your own if you wanted to do it.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2007, 02:31:54 AM »

It was pretty amazing.

horse tranquilizer?
just kidding.

Yeah, that was definitely an OBE.  You wouldn't have died although I can see why you'd be scared.  If you felt comfortable enough you could have taken a trip down the block or something and then eventually see new places and things.  You can teach yourself how to have them, there are a few methods for obtaining them on your own if you wanted to do it.

wow wow wow, hang on there haver!

isn't OBE's wrong? (evil)?

how can you have an OBE?

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2007, 02:32:16 AM »
I had one once while I was awake and experienced a feeling of the world to come. 

can you please tell us more?

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2007, 02:34:25 AM »

It was pretty amazing.

horse tranquilizer?
just kidding.

how can you have an OBE?

Why would OBE's be evil?

It just happened I can't explain it.

I didnt do anything wrong.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2007, 02:35:30 AM »

It was pretty amazing.

horse tranquilizer?
just kidding.

I've tried but I have never been able to re-create it.

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2007, 03:10:14 AM »

It was pretty amazing.

horse tranquilizer?
just kidding.

how can you have an OBE?

Why would OBE's be evil?

It just happened I can't explain it.

I didnt do anything wrong.

no no, im not saying YOU are at fault.

Ive heard from some people who have experienced it, that they think it is a bad thing. Im not really sure?

I know we have some psychologists hre on the forum, maybey they can tell us more?

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2007, 03:29:40 AM »
Interesting

Does the Torah perhaps say somehing about this, or things similiar to OBE's?