Author Topic: Man, that sucked!  (Read 8625 times)

Joe Schmo

Man, that sucked!
« on: September 22, 2007, 09:27:37 PM »
Let us never close the forum again.  :'(

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Man, that sucked!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 09:42:45 PM »

The fasting suuuuuucked for me, I have a raging caffiene addiction, and without my morning fix I got a massive withdrawl headache.  :o
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 09:45:21 PM »

The fasting suuuuuucked for me, I have a raging caffiene addiction, and without my morning fix I got a massive withdrawl headache.  :o

You know what Chaim would say: Your headache is your body's way of warning you not to drink coffee anymore. Coffee really is unhealthy.

newman

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 09:48:44 PM »

You know what Chaim would say: Your headache is your body's way of warning you not to drink coffee anymore. Coffee really is unhealthy.

It's good in moderation (like most things) . I saw some research where 1 or 2 coffees per day reduced heart disease. Aspirin is good in low doses, too but 10 per day as opposed to 1 is dangerous.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 09:50:47 PM »

This is an inappropriate comment from a Moderator who is supposed to (not necessarily agree with) but abide by and not criticize the decisions made by Chaim.   
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Joe Schmo

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 09:51:52 PM »

This is an inappropriate comment from a Moderator who is supposed to (not necessarily agree with) but abide by and not criticize the decisions made by Chaim.   

You're right.  I should be banned.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 09:55:24 PM »

I didn't come to that conclusion.  It's just not a good example to set as a moderator.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Joe Schmo

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 09:56:53 PM »
I didn't come to that conclusion.  It's just not a good example to set as a moderator.

Jimmy, what do you think?  I think that Zev is overreacting.

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 09:58:42 PM »
Coffee is like a drug. It's a stimulant. Anything that artifically stimulates you is unhealthy, in my opinion. And I believe that most medical studies show that coffee in any quantity is not good for you. There are always medical studies showing the opposite conclusion for any food or drink. You have medical studies showing that saturated fat and cholesterol do not affect health, but the vast majority of medical studies show that they do very much affect health. So people just have to draw logical conclusions.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 09:59:14 PM »
Coffee is like a drug. It's a stimulant. Anything that artifically stimulates you is unhealthy, in my opinion. And I believe that most medical studies show that coffee in any quantity is not good for you. There are always medical studies showing the opposite conclusion for any food or drink. You have medical studies showing that saturated fat and cholesterol do not affect health, but the vast majority of medical studies show that they do very much affect health. So people just have to draw logical conclusions.

What about tea?

Joe Schmo

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 10:01:08 PM »

All that I'm saying is that it was unpleasant not having the forum.

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 10:01:37 PM »
Zeev, Chaim does allow moderators to disagree with his decisions. Scriabin has a right to his opinion.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 10:04:38 PM by jsullivan »

newman

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 10:04:58 PM »

What about tea?

Tea is full of anti-oxidants and very good in the oppinion of many. Stay away from decaf' tea, though. They use bleach to decaffinate it!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 10:05:20 PM »
Zev, Chaim does allow moderators to disagree with his decisions. Scriabin has a right to his opinion.

I know that Scriabin can disagree with his decision and that he has a right to his opinion.  I still think that it's not a good example to set.  I'm not trying to make a big deal out of this, I was simply stating my opinion.   

I think you overreacted to my post, Scriabin. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 10:06:41 PM »

a little bit of coffee is ok...tea is much healthier.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 10:08:54 PM »
fasting wasn't that bad this year...i might suggest some prevacid or nexium right after dinner...your food will digest slower.

and a good night's and day's (the next day) rest is good too to help with any hunger pangs.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

bullcat jr.

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2007, 10:09:26 PM »
Although I can understand the decision to close the forum...I think many of us may have felt the same way as you Scriabin.  You were just expressing yourself.  It always takes time to adjust to change.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2007, 10:09:43 PM »
I missed the JTF Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No peace, without FREEDOM.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2007, 10:10:52 PM »

That's all I'm trying to say.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2007, 10:14:20 PM »
Although I can understand the decision to close the forum...I think many of us may have felt the same way as you Scriabin.  You were just expressing yourself.  It always takes time to adjust to change.

Who are you, bullcat jr?  Any relation to bullcat sr?  :)

newman

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2007, 10:15:47 PM »

So did I.

I hope our posters don't drift off to other forums over time due to looking elsewhere during that 24+ hours every week.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2007, 10:19:32 PM »

So did I.

I hope our posters don't drift off to other forums over time due to looking elsewhere during that 24+ hours every week.

I have a feeling that this won't happen.  Getting a nice break once a week can help one appreciate JTF even more.  You know what they say, "absence makes the heart grow fonder."  I mean just look at this thread, just minutes after JTF was back up people came and immediately made posts about how much they missed JTF.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2007, 10:20:46 PM »
Why don't we leave a portion of the forum open and allow all certified non-jewish members to post there?

Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 10:22:59 PM »

Who are you, bullcat jr?  Any relation to bullcat sr?  :)
Yes.  I accidently posted under BullCat jr.'s screenname just now.   ::)  So sorry.
BullCat Jr. loves checking in on JTF with me.  
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 10:23:28 PM »
I was getting JTF Forum withdrawl symptoms.