Author Topic: Extreme Jewish sec askes for political asylum in Iran  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
Re: Extreme Jewish sec askes for political asylum in Iran
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2019, 04:09:34 AM »
I forget Israel always for ever

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2019, 02:45:31 PM »
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 04:38:10 PM »
This is really treason. To turn to Iran after all the things they did and do is unacceptable. If they wanted only to have religious freedom, they could turned to Russia. Some Germans did already and were accepted. But imo all of this shows what a low point we have reached in the west. I know first hand from lots of German Baptists, that fled from Russia because of persecution and are now returning, because the situation becomes unbearable here.

I am so sad about it. What is this for a world?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 05:59:22 PM »
Another self-hating Jew

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2019, 06:53:06 AM »
This is really treason. To turn to Iran after all the things they did and do is unacceptable. If they wanted only to have religious freedom, they could turned to Russia. Some Germans did already and were accepted. But imo all of this shows what a low point we have reached in the west. I know first hand from lots of German Baptists, that fled from Russia because of persecution and are now returning, because the situation becomes unbearable here.

I am so sad about it. What is this for a world?

Lev Tawhore doesn't really represent Judaism. There are lots more people in the world, so the one crazy is now ten, but there's still 90 normal people for them. They don't make the news, who's interested to hear about the mundane, all 90 normies want to read about the freak show and comment in such a way to designate themselves as above that.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2019, 12:17:00 PM »
Another self-hating Jew
Shlomo Helbrans AKA Shlomo Elbarness  was a self hating Sephardi/Snathmar/NUTurei Kharta wannabe born into a chiloni Sephardi family & becoming a baal tshuva & Ashkenazing himself & creating Lev Tahor which is even more extreme than either Snotmar or NUTurei Kharta!!!!!

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 12:52:54 AM »
Shlomo Helbrans AKA Shlomo Elbarness  was a self hating Sephardi/Snathmar/NUTurei Kharta wannabe born into a chiloni Sephardi family & becoming a baal tshuva & Ashkenazing himself & creating Lev Tahor which is even more extreme than either Snotmar or NUTurei Kharta!!!!!

I'm half sephardi, or a quarter considering my father is unknown to me, a baal teshuva thanks to JTF, and I Ashkenaized myself at Chabad yeshivot. Those things shouldn't read like curse words, it's that he went to the dark side of Satmar that makes him an enemy.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 09:04:05 AM »
I'm half sephardi, or a quarter considering my father is unknown to me, a baal teshuva thanks to JTF, and I Ashkenaized myself at Chabad yeshivot. Those things shouldn't read like curse words, it's that he went to the dark side of Satmar that makes him an enemy.
He's taken it to a whole new level speaking only Yiddish which is not his heritage & making females in his sect wear burqas even the  Eida HaChareidis which is aligned with Snotmar said he's gone too far but he should do Sephardi customs & not mimic Hungarians.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 01:42:02 PM »
He's taken it to a whole new level speaking only Yiddish which is not his heritage & making females in his sect wear burqas even the  Eida HaChareidis which is aligned with Snotmar said he's gone too far but he should do Sephardi customs & not mimic Hungarians.

Burkas don't have anything to do with Sephardi culture. I had to do a late night moving job for one once, they offered food and my boss said "you know halal is not a hechksher, right?". Speaking only yiddish is odd, but i suppose if they spoke Arabic, no one would ever figure out that they're actually Jewish. I do Chabad customs, you follow the group you do teshuva with, I don't see why he should do Sephardi minhagim.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 02:44:03 PM »
Burkas don't have anything to do with Sephardi culture. I had to do a late night moving job for one once, they offered food and my boss said "you know halal is not a hechksher, right?". Speaking only yiddish is odd, but i suppose if they spoke Arabic, no one would ever figure out that they're actually Jewish. I do Chabad customs, you follow the group you do teshuva with, I don't see why he should do Sephardi minhagim.
Generally one does the minhagim of one's father's side of the family,however if one does not know what those minhagim are whatever the yeshiva or community does.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2019, 12:56:01 PM »
you follow the group you do teshuva with,

So says a lot of (but not all) the practitioners of kiruv rehokim, (and especially those who have a bias toward their students being like them), but there is no ironclad rule saying you must.  Of course I think it's great you are observant and I think you should follow whatever customs (chabad or otherwise) to your heart's desire.    Just saying I've met a lot of baalei teshuva who believe a similar premise to the one you stated, and it's not necessarily true or required.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2019, 01:12:54 PM »
So says a lot of (but not all) the practitioners of kiruv rehokim, (and especially those who have a bias toward their students being like them), but there is no ironclad rule saying you must.  Of course I think it's great you are observant and I think you should follow whatever customs (chabad or otherwise) to your heart's desire.    Just saying I've met a lot of baalei teshuva who believe a similar premise to the one you stated, and it's not necessarily true or required.

Yeah but I see why. Even just holding on to all Rav Kahane says, I become an anomaly in Chabad circles. You do have to choose a Rabbi and stick with him, but there isn't exactly a Kahanist community that'll pay for my yeshiva.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2019, 06:36:37 AM »
Generally one does the minhagim of one's father's side of the family,however if one does not know what those minhagim are whatever the yeshiva or community does.

A real Minhag is Minhag Hamakom. Nothing else. No such thing as father's Minhag etc. The place one is at, if it's a valid Minhag Then the people have to do it.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2019, 09:34:28 PM »
A real Minhag is Minhag Hamakom. Nothing else. No such thing as father's Minhag etc. The place one is at, if it's a valid Minhag Then the people have to do it.

For the father there's Ashky or Sephardi. For minhagim, Chassidim are totally into them, I'm not sure which of their minhag on the socks they wear is right, but I know from Gemarra that you don't need to take any minhag, and if you do you're stuck, so I say bli neder before I do any for a minute to fit in wherever I find myself.