Author Topic: The pledge of allegiance  (Read 7887 times)

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
The pledge of allegiance
« on: September 24, 2007, 09:55:12 PM »
Is it still said in the public schools?

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
Re: The pledge of allegiance
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 10:41:19 PM »
We used to say it at my elementary school.  At my school now (which is a public school) we don't though (not that I would anyway), so I'm not sure...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 12:36:18 AM »
Last I heard America wanted to change the words to the pledge to appease the atheists. Thank God that never happend!

Offline Groucho Marxist

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 01:02:04 AM »
THANK G-d WE OVERRULED EISENHOWER'S PLEA TO NOT HAVE G-d ADDED TO THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE. That's fear of Communism put to good use!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 01:04:51 AM by without_feathers »

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 01:56:05 AM »
We used to say it at my elementary school.  At my school now (which is a public school) we don't though (not that I would anyway), so I'm not sure...

Why would you be unwilling to say it?

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 02:36:02 AM »
This nation was founded on biblical principles, and we deserve to mention the entity that wrote it in our pledge! We our becoming an atheist nation, which is very sad. After all our founding fathers did to make sure our freedom to practice any religion we want was maintained. Americans take this right for granted. What a terrible generation of ungrateful degenerates.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 02:39:51 PM »
Because I do not pledge my allegance to the United States of America.  ::)

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 02:47:28 PM »
Well, if you're an American, and you don't stand by the country you live in that's anti-American.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 03:00:06 PM »
Well, if you're an American, and you don't stand by the country you live in that's anti-American.
Ok then - I'm fine with that.  Ask Chaim - I bet he wouldn't either.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 05:11:21 PM »
Because I do not pledge my allegiance to the United States of America.  ::)
Chaim is loyal to America, as he is to Israel. Why else do think JTF is trying to save America as much as Israel. Chaim loves them both. Of course, if Chaim had to choose between the two, he'd probably say Israel.

Pledging your allegiance to flag doesn't mean you agree with the direction the country is going in, if that's what you're getting at. It simply means you are proud to an America, and you are willing to defend it.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 05:13:18 PM »
Chaim is loyal to America, as he is to Israel. Why else do think JTF is trying to save America as much as Israel. Chaim loves them both. Of course, if Chaim had to choose between the two, he'd probably say Israel.

Pledging your allegiance to flag doesn't mean you agree with the direction the country is going in, if that's what you're getting at. It simply means you are proud to an America, and you are willing to defend it.
He's answered the question before.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 05:14:36 PM »
This nation was founded on biblical principles, and we deserve to mention the entity that wrote it in our pledge! We our becoming an atheist nation, which is very sad. After all our founding fathers did to make sure our freedom to practice any religion we want was maintained. Americans take this right for granted. What a terrible generation of ungrateful degenerates.

I saw a recent poll showing that America was 95% religious.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 05:16:47 PM »

He's answered the question before.
It depends how one interprets the pledge. I'm not about to join the military and take a bullet for this country, if that's what your interpretation of "allegiance" is.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 05:20:41 PM »

I saw a recent poll showing that America was 95% religious.
Well, polls are inaccurate, just like these scientist studies that everybody praises to be so true. Look at all the news talk show hosts and their guests. Most of them are not bible-respecting people.

And if you were to go to a liberal college, which is almost any, you would see most have denounced their religions and belief in God. Most liberals are atheists.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 05:55:38 PM »
Doesn't it level out nationally though? I mean in the southern states most people are strong Christians whereas the industrial cities seem to have sunk into a multicultural blend of mixed religions and secularism.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2007, 08:22:16 PM »

I don't like your anti-American sentiment. 

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 08:25:03 PM »
Doesn't it level out nationally though? I mean in the southern states most people are strong Christians whereas the industrial cities seem to have sunk into a multicultural blend of mixed religions and secularism.
The pledge is in reference to Christian's interpretation of God. This nation was built by Christian and founded on biblical principles, like it or not.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 08:26:06 PM »

I think you're wrong about Chaim.  He may disagree with specific policies.  However, he wouldn't advocate attitudes or behaviors to undermine the country. 

For example, although Chaim may have thought it was a bad idea for the US to get involved in the Vietnam War, he disagreed with the behaviors of John Kerry and Jane Fonda.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 08:27:01 PM »

I don't like your anti-American sentiment. 
That's what I'm saying. If you're going to live in this country, respect its heritage, its real heritage.

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2007, 08:27:40 PM »

That's what I'm saying. If you're going to live in this country, respect its heritage, its real heritage.

Agreed

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2007, 08:42:19 PM »

I think you're wrong about Chaim.  He may disagree with specific policies.  However, he wouldn't advocate attitudes or behaviors to undermine the country. 

For example, although Chaim may have thought it was a bad idea for the US to get involved in the Vietnam War, he disagreed with the behaviors of John Kerry and Jane Fonda.
I never heard Chaim speak about that. There's no way he'd say something to put down America. He's very patriotic. JTF is about patriotism for America and Israel. By considering one's self a JTF member you are pledging your allegiance to America and Israel. Otherwise, OdKahaneChai, I'm not sure why you're apart of this movement. JTF is a America-loving movement.

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2007, 08:46:21 PM »
Gone in Canada.  When I was in Elementry School we used to sing G-d save the Queen and Oh Canada.  Both have been exterminated from Canadian Public Academia to show you where we are headed...
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2007, 08:52:41 PM »
Gone in Canada.  When I was in Elementry School we used to sing G-d save the Queen and Oh Canada.  Both have been exterminated from Canadian Public Academia to show you where we are headed...
That's why we should be thankful that we have a pledge that mentions God in it. At least America has maintained some of its original principles.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 08:56:26 PM »
I still think that Israel needs a pledge of allegiance which should be required to sit in the Knesset. This would remove some leaders of the Knesset who are not loyal and openly want to destroy the country.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2007, 09:05:35 PM »
I still think that Israel needs a pledge of allegiance which should be required to sit in the Knesset. This would remove some leaders of the Knesset who are not loyal and openly want to destroy the country.
Very true. Israel needs to get religious and patriotic, again.