Author Topic: Richard Stallman forced to resign from MIT because he said the truth  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Stallman objected, saying that the blurb "does an injustice" to Minsky because even if it's true that the then-17-year-old had sex with Minsky, "the most plausible scenario is that she presented herself to him as entirely willing." (One witness to the alleged incident says that Minsky, who died in 2016, declined to have sex with her.)

This is obvious because Marvin Minski was born in 1927. At the time of the incident Minski was an old grandpa.

Someone pointed out that the age of consent in the US Virgin Islands, where the incident allegedly occurred, is 18. That makes sex with a 17-year-old girl, "willing" or not, statutory rape. But Stallman wasn't persuaded.

"I think it is morally absurd to define 'rape' in a way that depends on minor details such as which country it was in or whether the victim was 18 years old or 17," Stallman wrote.

Right. They use the word rape in order to let it sound worse.

In my country you have lots of nonsense like this in law.

I.e. if somebody goes bankrupt and is unable to pay partitially the health insurance of the workers, than it is called stealing of workers money. But it is the nature of a bancrupcy, that the company runs out of money. How many failed entrepreneurs are in prison because of this in my country. I know even one personally. Very nice guy.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/09/richard-stallman-leaves-mit-after-controversial-remarks-on-rape/

Stallman and Minski were giants of science and have done so much. Very unfair!

And what both have in common?  ::)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Richard Stallman forced to resign from MIT because he said the truth
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 02:10:43 PM »
I like Stalman for free software and emacs and detest him for boycotting Israel and siding with the muslim terrorists. He is despicable and has no valid claim on morality.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 02:46:00 PM »
nuuuu
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 03:10:36 PM »
Maybe Stallman will finally find time to finish GNU/Hurd

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2019, 02:50:22 AM »
Maybe Stallman will finally find time to finish GNU/Hurd

This is really a neverending story.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani