Author Topic: Why most recent FSU immigrants to Israel aren’t considered Jewish  (Read 1545 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Why most recent FSU immigrants to Israel aren’t considered Jewish
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 05:46:16 AM »
https://www.jta.org/2019/01/03/israel/why-most-recent-immigrants-to-israel-arent-considered-jewish

I mean, they made this big step to migrate to another country plus they have already a sort of connection by their family tree. Why they don't make the next step and simply convert and become a "full member"?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 08:42:59 AM »
I mean, they made this big step to migrate to another country plus they have already a sort of connection by their family tree. Why they don't make the next step and simply convert and become a "full member"?
Because it would mean giving up pork & Xmas trees & getting circumcised among other things!!!!!

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 02:10:40 PM »
Because it would mean giving up pork & Xmas trees & getting circumcised among other things!!!!!

Pork is not so tasty at all and the Chrismas tree makes only work (The needles have to be cleaned).

Circumcision is done today by real professionals, so the pain is not comparable to old times.

Plus I highly doubt, that this people are devout christians, who have really faith issues.

Perhaps you need to make some kind of invitation.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 04:01:24 PM »
Plus I highly doubt, that this people are devout christians, who have really faith issues.

They are not devout in anything. They are Communized Russians of Jewish extraction.

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 06:37:43 AM »

They are not devout in anything. They are Communized Russians of Jewish extraction.
And the vast majority are not Halacically Jewish!!!!!