Author Topic: Netanyahu Supports Idolatry In Place of Handshaking  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Netanyahu Supports Idolatry In Place of Handshaking
« on: March 04, 2020, 10:58:54 PM »
Orientals bow to each other as a gesture. I don't think that's idolatry since you can bow to a king as long as it's not idolatry. But Netanyahu said people should use a Hindu prayer gesture instead. Maybe that's why the Right doesn't have enough seats, as a punishment for enticing Jews to commit idolatrous practices.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pm-urges-israelis-trade-handshakes-171511653.html

« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 01:23:42 AM by Binyamin Yisrael »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Netanyahu Supporst Idolatry In Place of Handshaking
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 11:56:58 PM »
It’s to avoid shaking hands and potentially spreading hazardous germs. Has nothing to do with bowing down to a Hindu idol.

If it were me I would just nod my head and smile
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Netanyahu Supports Idolatry In Place of Handshaking
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 01:25:00 AM »
Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu has urged Israelis to stop shaking hands in light of growing concerns over Covid-19 and suggests instead they adopt the Indian greeting of “namaste” instead.

At a press conference Wednesday announcing new steps to deal with the virus, Mr Netanyahu pressed his hands together in a prayer position and bowed when he made his suggestion, stressing the need for personal hygiene.

That's not what it says here.

You could wave your hand to say hello. You don't need to adopt idolatrous practices.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 02:19:11 PM »

That's not what it says here.

You could wave your hand to say hello. You don't need to adopt idolatrous practices.

It's like a prayer position. Japanese and lots of other people do it and its not about idolatry for them. Unless they do it to an idol. He says don't shake hands, like basically shake your own hand and nod at people. Like for instance yoga is a real religion and the poses are a small part of it, but someone who happens to hold one of the gazillion they made isn't an idolater, it's just a pose. I agree that it can be smart to not shake hands during a global pandemic, what would you prefer people do? I prefer the brisk head-up like "what's up" that like black people do because it's the opposite of bowing but you get the point. I would propose that in his place but would not take the self-hand shakers to beis din for avodah zara poses.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 03:51:50 PM »
It's like a prayer position. Japanese and lots of other people do it and its not about idolatry for them. Unless they do it to an idol. He says don't shake hands, like basically shake your own hand and nod at people. Like for instance yoga is a real religion and the poses are a small part of it, but someone who happens to hold one of the gazillion they made isn't an idolater, it's just a pose. I agree that it can be smart to not shake hands during a global pandemic, what would you prefer people do? I prefer the brisk head-up like "what's up" that like black people do because it's the opposite of bowing but you get the point. I would propose that in his place but would not take the self-hand shakers to beis din for avodah zara poses.

I said what Orientals do is better to replace hand shaking with. The Hindus are not Orientals. "Politically correct" morons think "Asian" is a race but most Hindus are Caucasian. Of course Hindus are Asian just like Jews are because we are all from Asia.

The Hindu thing mentioned is idolatrous. Hinduism is a religion. The article said nothing about Oriental. I brought up Orientals. They are a race, not a religion. You said do the things blacks do. Blacks are also a race. As long as you don't practice black idolatry such as Rastafarianism or traditional African religions, it's okay to imitate their ways of greeting. The same goes with imitating Orientals as long as you don't practice Buddhism or Shintoism (and other Oriental religions).

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 04:01:02 PM »
What a tool.  A head nod suffices for a greeting.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 04:28:57 PM »

I said what Orientals do is better to replace hand shaking with. The Hindus are not Orientals. "Politically correct" morons think "Asian" is a race but most Hindus are Caucasian. Of course Hindus are Asian just like Jews are because we are all from Asia.

The Hindu thing mentioned is idolatrous. Hinduism is a religion. The article said nothing about Oriental. I brought up Orientals. They are a race, not a religion. You said do the things blacks do. Blacks are also a race. As long as you don't practice black idolatry such as Rastafarianism or traditional African religions, it's okay to imitate their ways of greeting. The same goes with imitating Orientals as long as you don't practice Buddhism or Shintoism (and other Oriental religions).

Yeah so like if he said "hold your hands like you are currently engaged in Hindu prayer, that'd be a bit of an issue there. Since we started the hand holding while praying here, can't call this idolatry.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 07:57:08 AM »
Netaniyu is a cult leader so yes, remember when i said he wants coalition well i predicted well . Jews deserve al, the bad coming their way destiny

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 05:09:16 PM »
Netaniyu is a cult leader so yes, remember when i said he wants coalition well i predicted well . Jews deserve al, the bad coming their way destiny

Chas v shalom. Don't curse us.