Author Topic: Houston  (Read 1750 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Houston
« on: March 12, 2020, 02:21:01 PM »
The Houston Rodeo got canceled. This isn't just a normal rodeo but a huge deal for the city involving lots of concerts, vendors, rides, shows, and 4 H club as well as things like bullriding, etc. It's the biggest event of the year. The fact that it got canceled means that things have to be fairly serious because the city wouldn't walk away from all that income coming into it without good reason. There are also other festivals in the surrounding area that have been canceled. Some of them I was interested in going to but of course won't now.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Houston
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 05:02:20 PM »
All the schools in Paris are shut down, Italy is completely shut down, Canada is taking all kinds of measures too, and kids in Iran are licking the walls of the mosque where it first hit because an imam said it would build a resistance to the bacteria. Most political leaders have put forward estimates of 35-65% infection of the planet. The Spanish flu at 4% mortality killed millions, this would kill tens of millions.

It seems Israel has developed a vaccine, which should help everyone but the Iranians.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 05:08:06 PM »
I'm not sure if I would even trust the vaccine. I'm not an anti-vaxxer but I don't trust everything being pushed either. I have been trying to stock up on food because I found out that I have celiac disease last year and that means I can't eat any food or take any medicine with gluten in it. So I have had to stock up on gluten free food and medicine because the Red Cross does not have those things and will not have anything for me, nor will most other rescue type organizations. I am pretty much on my own.

Online Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 05:28:06 AM »
Things are very serious and life cannot go on as normal during this epidemic. We must minimize crowded events. This is our new lifestyle until this thing either is stopped or runs its course.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 11:07:10 AM »
This virus may peter out after a month. Hope Trump remains careful.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 03:31:03 AM »
The Houston Rodeo got canceled. This isn't just a normal rodeo but a huge deal for the city involving lots of concerts, vendors, rides, shows, and 4 H club as well as things like bullriding, etc. It's the biggest event of the year. The fact that it got canceled means that things have to be fairly serious because the city wouldn't walk away from all that income coming into it without good reason. There are also other festivals in the surrounding area that have been canceled. Some of them I was interested in going to but of course won't now.

The NBA season was postponed, MLB the same.  NCAA basketball march madness cancelled. 

It is serious.  But more than this needs to be done.  All congregations of people need to be stopped.  All bars, clubs etc needs to be shut down.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 05:14:26 PM »
The NBA season was postponed, MLB the same.  NCAA basketball march madness cancelled. 

It is serious.  But more than this needs to be done.  All congregations of people need to be stopped.  All bars, clubs etc needs to be shut down.

We wouldn't have to do one tenth of this if China had just been honest about the numbers early on. The nations of the world should sue them for concealing the true numbers and persecuting those that did.

I agree with shutting down public places and the borders, it's procedure and the rate of infection doesn't balloon exponentially when those measures are in place. For private businesses, I disagree, they should stay open. France made all the restaurants shut down and throw their food out, hurt a lot of people. The 70 year old + age should remain indoors, and people who have an older person at home can go out and wash when they get back.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 10:29:01 PM »
We wouldn't have to do one tenth of this if China had just been honest about the numbers early on. The nations of the world should sue them for concealing the true numbers and persecuting those that did.

Absolutely agree.  Among the many terrible things China did, they even refused US CDC entry to the country to help them fight it and treat people, to learn about the disease. They offered to help very early on and were refused consistently.   Had CDC known more about it, they could have set up better defenses more quickly.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 12:53:47 AM »
Absolutely agree.  Among the many terrible things China did, they even refused US CDC entry to the country to help them fight it and treat people, to learn about the disease. They offered to help very early on and were refused consistently.   Had CDC known more about it, they could have set up better defenses more quickly.

It should be a bigger lawsuit than asbestos and more televised than the holocaust trials. Humanity owes China a major punch.