Author Topic: No paperbags and no simple plasticbags in the stores available in Germany  (Read 1223 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
No paperbags and no simple plasticbags in the stores available in Germany

Only long lasting bags from different materials are available from the workshops for the handicapped. But this is each bag 2 $ and more. Up to 5. These are produced here. I think before it was produced in east asia. I bring always my basket. But scary to see how one item after the other dissapears from the shelves.

Bags
Oil (Only bio/gourmet quality available 5 $ and up)
Toilet paper (nearly no chance)
Yeast (nearly no chance) If you are lucky you pay instead of 10 cents the cube 1,5 Euro.
simple flower (Expensive ones for special purposes are still available 3 $ the kilo and up)
simple pasta (Gourmet quality still available 5 $ the pound and up)
asparagus from Germany is now at 12 $ the kilo. 300000 workers from eastern Europe on the fields are missing. They pay now 15 $ the hour for workers that harvest the crop and find not enough. Now they have started a online platform in order to mobilize workforce. https://www.daslandhilft.de/

The list becomes longer
Generally the shelves become more empty. Potatoes difficult to get, but no serious increase in price.

I have stocked enough food from the houses that I empty (I buy inheritances as my profession). I can go for a few months and survive. But poor people and even workers will have tough time. Merkel is giving enough money out, but there is simply not enough stuff to buy.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 03:25:40 PM by Ulli »
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Where does all this toilet paper go? Are people producing more feces than the normal suddenly?

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Where does all this toilet paper go? Are people producing more feces than the normal suddenly?
Plenty of toilet paper available here in Israel!!!!!

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
If the liberals take over, plastic bags will be banned everywhere. I'm surprised people don't accuse them of discrimination against people without cars. Paper bags will break if you have to carry them home without a car. I go to the supermarket on my bike. The plastic bags hang from my wrists and the handle bars of the bike and whatever else I'm carrying, I put in my backpack. Paper bags will break if not inside a plastic bag. In Israel, they charge you if you want a plastic bag. Some places in the US do that also. Some places in the US just ban them.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member

They just hoard it.  It's ridiculous.  It's not even predominantly a GI impacting disorder (SOME have GI symptoms early but most do not), so even if people contract the virus they won't be using up toilet paper.    It's some kind of American born mental illness that when there is state of emergency, the assumption is toilet paper supply chain will magically be disrupted, therefore stock up for 12 months worth of toilet paper "just in case" so you won't have to worry about your tuchus not having what it needs.   Really really stupid.

It is compounded by the state laws which are forcing quotas on stores to only put out certain numbers of certain items on the shelves each day.  So they stock in the morning, the hoarders take it all, and then for like 23 hours the shelves sit empty while there is stock in the back rooms waiting for the next morning.    It happens with handsoap, lysol wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, water sometimes, laundry detergents.   The hoarders are some of the worst people.

People act like a pneumonia disease is going to miraculously cause your lungs to poop, and to do so in prolific quantities

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
I have spoken in the morning with one worker from the chemist shop Rossmann in the city center. Rossmann puts him in front of the store to guard the toilett paper that is delivered there on europallets. Yesterday he was attacked by a grandma and a grandpa. While the grandpa hit him with a stick the grandma stole two packages. Unbelievable if true.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani