Author Topic: NY State forces people to wear masks because of the virus  (Read 3542 times)

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
NY State forces people to wear masks because of the virus
« on: April 17, 2020, 05:28:59 PM »
Today NY state will force everyone to wear masks in public because of the virus.  What if you cannot breathe in one like I couldn't when I was forced to wear a mask while I was working for NY LIfe when they were painting the mailroom.  It's a joke.  I'm for protecting people but this is too much.  What's next, putting people in a bubble?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: NY State forces people to wear masks because of the virus
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 06:20:15 PM »
You can wear a mask with more circulation. My welding mask had two little removable filters you would put, was excellent quality and air came in perfectly.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 12:12:37 AM »
Today NY state will force everyone to wear masks in public because of the virus.  What if you cannot breathe in one like I couldn't when I was forced to wear a mask while I was working for NY LIfe when they were painting the mailroom.  It's a joke.  I'm for protecting people but this is too much.  What's next, putting people in a bubble?

You sound like a crybaby.  Everyone wearing masks has a DRAMATIC impact on limiting transmission of this virus because we already have proof of asymptomatic spread (which means that people without any symptoms or before any symptoms of the virus are capable of spreading to others and infecting others).  This cuts down on that in a big way.  Everyone can breathe in masks. All the doctors and nurses putting their lives at risk every day can breathe just fine in these masks all day long, their whole shifts, I think you can survive a little bit of time each day that you go out.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 12:29:20 PM »
You sound like a crybaby.  Everyone wearing masks has a DRAMATIC impact on limiting transmission of this virus because we already have proof of asymptomatic spread (which means that people without any symptoms or before any symptoms of the virus are capable of spreading to others and infecting others).  This cuts down on that in a big way.  Everyone can breathe in masks. All the doctors and nurses putting their lives at risk every day can breathe just fine in these masks all day long, their whole shifts, I think you can survive a little bit of time each day that you go out.

Some people have acute bronchitis and things that make such masks hard for them.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 05:20:14 PM »
Some people have acute bronchitis and things that make such masks hard for them.

If someone has bronchitis, they should be staying home while sick.  That should be one of the lessons learned from the coronavirus experience.  Stay home when sick at very least.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 05:26:01 PM »
If someone has bronchitis, they should be staying home while sick.  That should be one of the lessons learned from the coronavirus experience.  Stay home when sick at very least.

My aunt does, didn't give a crap and doesn't like masks, got the corona, barely noticed, and now she's immune so she can go where she wants. I'm seeing lots of videos from doctors saying that this disease isn't much worse than any other corona virus.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 12:06:28 AM »
My aunt does, didn't give a crap and doesn't like masks, got the corona, barely noticed, and now she's immune so she can go where she wants. I'm seeing lots of videos from doctors saying that this disease isn't much worse than any other corona virus.

Those videos are lies and misinformation. 

There are many cases of this disease where the person has mild or no symptoms.  But plenty of people suffer very severe harm from it.  A much higher proportion than people who contract influenza.  That type of anecdotal outcome (like in your aunt's case) CANNOT be used to extrapolate to the overall numbers or experience of this virus which is extremely dangerous.  This right here in a nutshell is the problem with using anecdotes in medicine or public health.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 01:20:25 PM »

There are many cases of this disease where the person has mild or no symptoms.  But plenty of people suffer very severe harm from it.  A much higher proportion than people who contract influenza.  That type of anecdotal outcome (like in your aunt's case) CANNOT be used to extrapolate to the overall numbers or experience of this virus which is extremely dangerous.  This right here in a nutshell is the problem with using anecdotes in medicine or public health.

I have read, that there are lots of corona viruses. If you got infected before by a similar one, the sickness will be in most cases mild. If not you get a full blow.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 05:50:01 PM »

90% of people that die are 60+ with preexisting conditions. Not much different from regular corona viruses. It justifies some measures, but not this much.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 12:02:11 AM »
These will eventually stick to your two blow-holes.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 12:10:51 AM »
Instead, use one of these.  These are structured so that nothing will flap against your two blow-holes.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 01:07:30 AM »

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 12:34:28 PM »

I had to buy face masks for everybody in the company. From monday on it is law. Today I have tried it. It is like sauna under the mask. I bought the masks from Wolfgang Grupps Trigema company for 120 Euro the pack. Thank God I got some at all.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2020, 06:30:43 PM »
I had to buy face masks for everybody in the company. From monday on it is law. Today I have tried it. It is like sauna under the mask. I bought the masks from Wolfgang Grupps Trigema company for 120 Euro the pack. Thank God I got some at all.

So retarded. The .01-.4 micron sized corona particles enter the .3 air holes in the N95 mask with ease. All you have is a nice moist breeding ground for it, especially considering lay people aren't trained to NEVER touch a mask while it is on, you're rubbing the bacteria all over you now, so you massively increase your chance of contraction. The blue non-surgical masks are like a meme I posted, a metal wire fence to keep out mosquitoes. It's comical.

As for it being like a sauna, the thought of paying for the gym was always too degrading to me, I can get paid to work out. I loved to demolish concrete poles or smash rocks with a sledge for whatever renovation company wanted someone, and I had to wear a mask while already sweating. You can get used to anything. And without it you cough up so much blood, especially when it's a meth house with needles everywhere. So while the pain of wearing the mask is quite tolerable, the fact that it increases your chance of contraction and can only filter out the largest corona particles make it so stupid to enforce.

Like another meme I posted said, when you get arrested by cops not wearing masks, for not wearing a mask, you realize it's not about keeping you safe.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2020, 02:53:06 AM »
90% of people that die are 60+ with preexisting conditions. Not much different from regular corona viruses. It justifies some measures, but not this much.

That just isn't true.  Other coronaviruses don't usually kill people, no matter how old. 

Did you ignore the 89,000 deaths in the US over the past 2.5 months or so?   That does NOT and DID NOT happen from other coronaviruses before this one.  They are a class of viruses but they are all completely different and have nothing to do with each other in terms of severity.  This isn't even more than 80% similar to SARS, which was very deadly.    It is even less similar to the mild coronaviruses that cause common cold.  Common colds do not typically kill people.   INFLUENZA kills more people, and that is a fraction of the deaths being caused by covid19.   Flu has been said to kill 0.1% each year but that is not reliable or accurate.  That is an estimate.  It is more likely closer to 0.01%, IMO.  We just don't test extensively the way we are doing for this coronavirus.  We would be counting many more flu infections who did not die, if we did test more. 
Most of us cannot even name one person we know that died from Flu.  Yet, for those of us that live in the hotspots of covid19 outbreaks (NYC, NJ, etc), we can name multiple friends and community members who died in the past few months from covid. 

You are being told misinformation.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2020, 03:02:15 AM »
So retarded. The .01-.4 micron sized corona particles enter the .3 air holes in the N95 mask with ease. All you have is a nice moist breeding ground for it, especially considering lay people aren't trained to NEVER touch a mask while it is on,

Here we go again.   These are the same baloney arguments that were debunked when the CDC first reversed itself and recommended masks to the public because there was no more shortage anymore.
The virus particles are contained within DROPLETS.   The large droplets are completely blocked by n95 masks because they are too big. 
Large droplets seem to be the primary mode of transmission.  That would be beneficial since surgical and cloth masks not very much worse than the n95 in terms of blocking out large droplets.

N95's ALSO block 95% or more of aerosol size droplets containing virus.  There is more of a disparity between n95s and surgical and cloth masks in terms of blocking aerosols, but these are still better than going naked. They still do some job of blocking some aerosols. But again, the primary mode of transmission of this virus is likely to be due to large droplet, so those masks will do a bang up job of decreasing transmission risk.

you're rubbing the bacteria all over you now, so you massively increase your chance of contraction.

Coronavirus is not a bacteria. It's a virus.  What in the world are you talking about?

If the mask blocked virus from getting into your nose/mouth, then you touch the front of the mask with your hand, it is no different than if you touched a surface or item that had virus on it from an infected person.  It is now on your hands. 
Having the mask on would prevent you from licking your fingers at this point.  Unlike if you did NOT have a mask on. 

If people are told that the front of the mask becomes contaminated, they are not stupid.  They will know now that you told them.  They also needed to be told the optimal way to wash hands (20 seconds with soap).

No one said, "Well, people don't wash their hands properly, so don't encourage hand washing because they'll have a false sense of security from sub optimal washing."  They simply encouraged PROPER hand washing.   In the same way, PROPER mask wearing is encouraged.

So while the pain of wearing the mask is quite tolerable, the fact that it increases your chance of contraction

No it doesn't.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2020, 03:05:42 AM »
You are also completely ignoring the asymptomatic and presymptomatic spread that happens with this virus during the incubation period before someone experiences symptoms.  If everyone is wearing masks, the mask will prevent an asymptomatic or presymptomatic person (who doesn't even know they have the virus) from being able to spread the virus efficiently to OTHER people.   

"My mask protects you, your mask protects me. "   That is the whole point.   

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2020, 03:33:17 AM »
That just isn't true.  Other coronaviruses don't usually kill people, no matter how old. 

Did you ignore the 89,000 deaths in the US over the past 2.5 months or so?   That does NOT and DID NOT happen from other coronaviruses before this one.  They are a class of viruses but they are all completely different and have nothing to do with each other in terms of severity.  This isn't even more than 80% similar to SARS, which was very deadly.    It is even less similar to the mild coronaviruses that cause common cold.  Common colds do not typically kill people.   INFLUENZA kills more people, and that is a fraction of the deaths being caused by covid19.   Flu has been said to kill 0.1% each year but that is not reliable or accurate.  That is an estimate.  It is more likely closer to 0.01%, IMO.  We just don't test extensively the way we are doing for this coronavirus.  We would be counting many more flu infections who did not die, if we did test more. 
Most of us cannot even name one person we know that died from Flu.  Yet, for those of us that live in the hotspots of covid19 outbreaks (NYC, NJ, etc), we can name multiple friends and community members who died in the past few months from covid. 

Did you see the antibody testing in NYC? Even Cuomo admitted it, they found millions of people with the anti-bodies. That puts the real death rate close to the flu. It's vastly more contagious, but the survival rate is very high. I assure you, I get my info from doctors and other medical professionals.

If you like misinformation, a study has found that men with low testosterone are more likely to die. While you are being psychologically triggered to agree with that because you, like basically everyone will want to say "mine's high", the fact is really old people with preexisting medical conditions have a habit of low testosterone.

A few of my family members in France are 60+, my aunt being one with acute bronchitis. She didn't even notice she had it or my cousins, and by the time she was tested she already had the late-stage anti-bodies. Yeah, that case of itself is anecdotal, but it illustrates that vastly more people have this virus than any government knows, the real death rate isn't very high at all, it's just the most contagious thing.

My mother is laughing, she lived in India during an acute meningitis outbreak that killed people in hours after contraction with virtually no treatment possible, even just for "comfort", and 100% of the people that got it died. She still went out, didn't get the vaccine, we just all know our protocol and don't touch all the dirty people or anything outside.

Anyways I could show you the thing from the doctor for you to comment on, there's no point of debating me who isn't a medical professional, but it's in French.

Here we go again.   These are the same baloney arguments that were debunked when the CDC first reversed itself and recommended masks to the public because there was no more shortage anymore.
The virus particles are contained within DROPLETS.   The large droplets are completely blocked by n95 masks because they are too big. 
Large droplets seem to be the primary mode of transmission.  That would be beneficial since surgical and cloth masks not very much worse than the n95 in terms of blocking out large droplets.

N95's ALSO block 95% or more of aerosol size droplets containing virus.  There is more of a disparity between n95s and surgical and cloth masks in terms of blocking aerosols, but these are still better than going naked. They still do some job of blocking some aerosols. But again, the primary mode of transmission of this virus is likely to be due to large droplet, so those masks will do a bang up job of decreasing transmission risk.

Coronavirus is not a bacteria. It's a virus.  What in the world are you talking about?

If the mask blocked virus from getting into your nose/mouth, then you touch the front of the mask with your hand, it is no different than if you touched a surface or item that had virus on it from an infected person.  It is now on your hands. 
Having the mask on would prevent you from licking your fingers at this point.  Unlike if you did NOT have a mask on. 

If people are told that the front of the mask becomes contaminated, they are not stupid.  They will know now that you told them.  They also needed to be told the optimal way to wash hands (20 seconds with soap).

No one said, "Well, people don't wash their hands properly, so don't encourage hand washing because they'll have a false sense of security from sub optimal washing."  They simply encouraged PROPER hand washing.   In the same way, PROPER mask wearing is encouraged.

No it doesn't.

Link me to any info saying that the corona virus is primarly spread by the .4 sized virus particles. Bacteria virus whatever, that's what I meant.

If your mask is sweating along with you in California, half of what's out is in now, touch the mask and the mask touches your face and you may as well be kissing an infected person.

There's no information campaign. Yes, we educate medical professionals on this and therefore people could be informed too. Adults. Every Karen is taking selfies with her kids in masks, and they play with them, it's on their face, go ahead and make a really long speech, won't matter. As for this whole "20 seconds" thing, it's a bit silly, you could wash not everywhere and take 20 seconds. First the "kills 99% of bacteria" tricoslan sludge is useless and harmful and so many thousands of people are talking about their red rashed hands and aren't aware they just murdered their testosterone count and weakened their hearts, not to mention it leaves plenty of the bacteria. You just wash with soap and water everywhere especially under the nails and dry with a towel and not the infestation heater known as "hand dryers", and you're good. Even then, they have to put up these little posters to tell people how to wash their hands. I would only encourage you to put up signs telling people not to touch their masks because what people would do would entertain me in a whimsical way.

Yes yes, all the vaccine people are out saying we need a mask to say safe and their mask only works if I wear mine.

In Quebec, Canada, very few new cases in the two big cities of montreal, and now many new cases in the tiny towns that are all called St. Something. Basically everyone has it in the cities now, no way around it, and now it's hitting the countryside. At this point, there's nothing we can do to stop the spread, but Legault, who is the "premier" of Quebec is pushing against any measure now, because just the mental heath problems being created or aggravated are causing more damage and will lead to more deaths than Corona does.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 08:42:31 PM »
I did see the antibody study in NY.  It suggested around 20-30% with immunity in several areas.  (It varied from place to place and borough to borough.  NYC was hardest hit and had the highest numbers). 

That still leaves another 40-50% to go, to get to population level herd immunity in NYC.  And that is already after excess deaths occurred getting us to the 20-30% level.  That just goes to show, it is pretty deadly.  That also ignores the toll on people's lungs, as a much larger percentage of people, although ultimately not dying from it, needed to be hospitalized and get oxygen and/or ventilator assistance to breathe.   It is not a benign virus for many who get it, even if they survive it. 

Yes it is true that if you can keep infection rate relatively low and not overwhelm the hospitals, only about 1% will die from this virus.  MAYBE a bit less.  It varies in different places.    That is still massively higher than influenza.  Influenza is ESTIMATED to kill 0.1%, but it really doesn't.  On an apples to apples comparison, if we tested for it the same way we are testing for Covid19 (Ie if they ran a serology study that could demonstrate this year's flu season for example, or if they tested all cases of suspected flu with flu tests, etc), the true mortality rate would probably be 0.01% to 0.05% at most.

Yes this isn't Ebola, but this is still deadly.   If you allow everyone to get it, let's say at 80% we reach herd immunity, that means 264 million infections in the US, and 1% of that would mean more than 2 million people dying. 
That's a lot of people.  That doesn't happen from typical viruses each year.   
And if you just let it rip like that, you overwhelm the hospital bed and PPE supply, and so a lot more than 1% would die.  That is why Trump didn't just let society go on as normal.

I'm sick of people downplaying this.  The frum community got especially hammered.  It's insulting to say this is a hoax and just like any other coronavirus.
The coronaviruses people commonly get cause COMMON COLD, which kills no one (What is it, 0.00001%?) and hospitalizes next to no one.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2020, 08:50:13 PM »
All the studies I've seen demonstrate that masks decrease the transmission of viruses.  N95s work best, but surgical and cloth are both still better than without mask.

There is a larger disparity in terms of how well n95's block aerosols compared to cloth and surgical masks, but there is less of a disparity in terms of blocking large droplets.    I can cite some sources if you insist.

If an infected person doesn't know he is infected because he either hasn't developed symptoms yet (or is lucky and got a mild case), if this person is wearing a mask while out in public, it will drastically decrease their shedding of the virus to other people and to surfaces.  There is absolutely no dispute about that.  There is absolutely no dispute that this virus has an incubation period in the body and it is contagious BEFORE a person feels symptoms.   

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2020, 08:55:17 PM »
Yeah, if you're infected it's good to stick you in a mask, keeps me safe. If you're not, you rubbing your wet mask on your face is going to give it to you if the mask caught some. The issue here is that people are asymptomatic, so yes, we promote for the sofa bears to put them, but all the politicians take theirs off when the cameras are off, elites aren't masked.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2020, 02:00:05 PM »
Yeah, if you're infected it's good to stick you in a mask, keeps me safe. If you're not, you rubbing your wet mask on your face is going to give it to you if the mask caught some. The issue here is that people are asymptomatic, so yes, we promote for the sofa bears to put them, but all the politicians take theirs off when the cameras are off, elites aren't masked.

"Rubbing your wet mask on your face"  - I don't know what this means, but in wearing mask in public for the past month and a half or so, I have not once rubbed one onto my face.  I don't even touch the mask at all while I am shopping.   There is a metal piece at the top to adjust it BEFORE you go out so that it is situated on the face comfortably and doesn't need to be moved.

If there is virus on the outside surface of your mask and for some reason you insist on constantly touching your mask so you touch it with your hand, that is no different than touching a surface or an item that has virus on it.   All you would need to do is wash your hands before touching face, especially eyes, mouth, or nose. And now that virus is gone from your hands.   You are not giving yourself an infection by TOUCHING WITH YOUR HAND a surface that has virus on it!!!!

What are sofa bears?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2020, 08:17:26 PM »
"Rubbing your wet mask on your face"  - I don't know what this means, but in wearing mask in public for the past month and a half or so, I have not once rubbed one onto my face.  I don't even touch the mask at all while I am shopping.   There is a metal piece at the top to adjust it BEFORE you go out so that it is situated on the face comfortably and doesn't need to be moved.

If there is virus on the outside surface of your mask and for some reason you insist on constantly touching your mask so you touch it with your hand, that is no different than touching a surface or an item that has virus on it.   All you would need to do is wash your hands before touching face, especially eyes, mouth, or nose. And now that virus is gone from your hands.   You are not giving yourself an infection by TOUCHING WITH YOUR HAND a surface that has virus on it!!!!

What are sofa bears?

Go watch a video of people on the street, they're sweating into their mask and rusticating it every five seconds. They smudge the corona juice on their face in their mouth. People who have medical training know not to touch the mask, but it's reflexive for most people, like a scarf.

In a bad lip reading video of the Romney vs. Obama debate, the moderator fake told Romney "quiet because the sofa bears don't know" when he started fake winning but with clips of when he actually was and then the moderator pounced.