Author Topic: Roger Stone calls black radio host Mo’Kelly a racial slur during interview  (Read 1315 times)

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Big deal everwhat is wrong with saying negro that is what they were called by everybody including negros when I was a kid?

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
Big deal everwhat is wrong with saying negro that is what they were called by everybody including negros when I was a kid?

Segregation was still legal when you were a kid.  :P

I agree that claiming that's a racial slur is reaching, but words do take on different connotations. Apparently it is a "pejorative" if used by a white person.

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
Then why is it okay to say "of color"? Colored is an even older term than Negro. Colored was followed by Negro, black, and "African-American".

Can whites talk about the United Negro College Fund? Or the Negro Leagues (when blacks were not allowed in Major League Baseball).

Offline ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
Then why is it okay to say "of color"? Colored is an even older term than Negro. Colored was followed by Negro, black, and "African-American".

Can whites talk about the United Negro College Fund? Or the Negro Leagues (when blacks were not allowed in Major League Baseball).
After negro they were called Afro American & after that African American

Offline Binyamin Yisrael

• Silver Star JTF Member
I remember Chaim say "They call each other n*gger. Then they said colored, then Negro, black, and African-American but they realize the original name for blacks in the English language was n*gger.". That was the first JTF show I heard 18 years ago when Carl McCall was running for Governor. I still have the show saved on my computer.