Author Topic: Online privacy setup  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Online privacy setup
« on: September 27, 2020, 02:55:39 PM »
So what's your gig? I know the best is ungoogled chorme with noscript, but i'm not techy enough to set it up so far.

For me, the thing I can set up in five minutes with the best privacy I have read is waterfox browser with ublock origin, privacy badger and duck duck go privacy essentials.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Online privacy setup
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 10:23:14 AM »
I switched to brave browser and have been using it for the past few months. It comes out of the box with an add blocker and if that's not enough you can install firefox addons (I have installed ublock on it) with no issues. It has a private browsing modes which uses TOR network. But be warned it is not as annonimous as using tor browser for example. My default search engine is duckduckgo which is an ok replacement for google for most queries.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 10:29:05 PM »
I switched to brave browser and have been using it for the past few months. It comes out of the box with an add blocker and if that's not enough you can install firefox addons (I have installed ublock on it) with no issues. It has a private browsing modes which uses TOR network. But be warned it is not as annonimous as using tor browser for example. My default search engine is duckduckgo which is an ok replacement for google for most queries.

Bro Tor you can go host people and just hack them. You never know if it's good that day or not. If I had a server computer ok Tor is a another level, and then it's a lot of work to ensure security on it. How good is the guy hosting you on Tor's security? Oh you just clicked any server and you don't know?

People that were scamming credit cards and stuff would have to stay up to date on good servers and then switch all the time, and so if your server is legit some thief and kidde oogler will be signed onto you, so it's a lot of effort and like what exactly am I helping now?

Brave is a super browser for the phone. Google play services needs permission to scan your body to download it from play store, and even if I know how to block that there's still a hundred other permissions that anyone across the world can get into. Apple doesn't bother asking. Even if you completely mod the phone with your custom lynux, you still can't secure the thing. I would never talk about a new product on it unless it was not a serious one. There you're just talking about a few less trackers and ads so your browser is faster.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 08:18:44 AM »
As far as I know is considered the best option for web anonymity and for circumventing government filtering and spying. It is decentralized and you are not dependent on one host, unlike VPN, where the host is a critical point of failure/betrayal. In TOR, each intermediary doesn't know the origin nor the ultimate destination. Lets say you are a 'host' on the TOR network, you receive a packet of information from the previous link, this packet is encrypted. When you decrypt it, you get the address of the next ip address to send to and the rest of the package, which is still encrypted. So you don't know who sent it originally nor to whom it is ultimately destined, nor the content of the message.

Bro Tor you can go host people and just hack them. You never know if it's good that day or not. If I had a server computer ok Tor is a another level, and then it's a lot of work to ensure security on it. How good is the guy hosting you on Tor's security? Oh you just clicked any server and you don't know?
People that were scamming credit cards and stuff would have to stay up to date on good servers and then switch all the time, and so if your server is legit some thief and kidde oogler will be signed onto you, so it's a lot of effort and like what exactly am I helping now?

Brave is a super browser for the phone. Google play services needs permission to scan your body to download it from play store, and even if I know how to block that there's still a hundred other permissions that anyone across the world can get into. Apple doesn't bother asking. Even if you completely mod the phone with your custom lynux, you still can't secure the thing. I would never talk about a new product on it unless it was not a serious one. There you're just talking about a few less trackers and ads so your browser is faster.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 11:00:08 AM »
Ooh encrypted and i know the ip adress it comes from scary. You can repeat their faq or you can go see how people using tor get caught and arrested.

Tor's a whole new level if you stay up to date on the servers, but you dont have the compatibility, and again if youre just wiping the computers alot, its more than five minutes to set up. Its not really an option for workers, thats more for the computers the ip guy controls.

As far as I know is considered the best option for web anonymity and for circumventing government filtering and spying. It is decentralized and you are not dependent on one host, unlike VPN, where the host is a critical point of failure/betrayal. In TOR, each intermediary doesn't know the origin nor the ultimate destination. Lets say you are a 'host' on the TOR network, you receive a packet of information from the previous link, this packet is encrypted. When you decrypt it, you get the address of the next ip address to send to and the rest of the package, which is still encrypted. So you don't know who sent it originally nor to whom it is ultimately destined, nor the content of the message.