Author Topic: Fruit-picking drone company raising $20 million to begin manufacturing  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Fruit-picking drone company raising $20 million to begin manufacturing
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 08:49:07 AM »
Even for harvesting food off the sides of skyscrapers i make a rail and leave a snake arm robot on it. The only reason to use a weak drone that carries little and needs downtime to charge is your robot is too inflexible to go aroumd braches on trees.

The only question is where are they getting their funding?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 08:55:50 AM »
Lol watxh what happens if a little stick gets stuck in that rotor. I have toys left on the wall more advanced than that.

He's also one of those that think robots will make less jobs, but like the computer, it is only poverty in math and foresight that makes hin claim that. Espically considering you need a hundred trips or a hundred robots to pick one tree, you'll put half the country to work just to make them and half can stay on for repairs and modifications for unforseen conditions.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 08:21:56 PM »
Great find- amazing! Never seen anything like this before.  An Israeli company.   This drone is featured in the following video starting at 17 seconds. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpa1iiJmR3Q

Offline Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2021, 02:48:35 AM »
Lol watxh what happens if a little stick gets stuck in that rotor. I have toys left on the wall more advanced than that.

He's also one of those that think robots will make less jobs, but like the computer, it is only poverty in math and foresight that makes hin claim that. Espically considering you need a hundred trips or a hundred robots to pick one tree, you'll put half the country to work just to make them and half can stay on for repairs and modifications for unforseen conditions.
Robots are the future of agriculture. It could be that drones will be changed with something else but they are far from being bad.

Offline Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 02:52:13 AM »
Great find- amazing! Never seen anything like this before.  An Israeli company.   This drone is featured in the following video starting at 17 seconds. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpa1iiJmR3Q
Thanks for the video! There are many things I never saw.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 12:46:36 PM »
Robots are the future of agriculture. It could be that drones will be changed with something else but they are far from being bad.

Yes they cost more in upkeep than labor. Robots are they key, i can have one park on a tree and pick it clean with four arms while scanning for insects and put them in little papers in the box stamped on site. A stupid drone to fly back with one or two at a time to a barrel you have to sort out now is weak. I can even freeze it within seconds of harvest and inspection where rotting may be a worry. The push for drones everywhere has much more to do with surveillance than efficiency.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 12:57:59 PM »
Well technically i have all the hardware and wouks need a good two months of a skilled programmer's time to apply it to the job.