Author Topic: Jordan Peterson's new social media website is perfect for us  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Jordan Peterson's new social media website is perfect for us
« on: April 23, 2021, 06:08:20 PM »
Not only can we put all our stuff one place without getting cancelled, you can actually get paid pretty nice from it if you succeed. I know it's a damn dog and pony show with all these, but for once I am not saying that a new social media website looks promising like the last disappointments, this one really looks effective now and looks like good things are coming. Make a JTF account here and upload everything and it might make some cash.

https://locals.com/

https://redstate.com/kiradavis/2021/04/23/big-tech-social-media-competition-intensifies-with-big-boost-for-dave-rubins-locals-platform-n367490
(hopefully redstate starts making articles about what happens there instead of twitter.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Jordan Peterson's new social media website is perfect for us
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 06:50:36 PM »
Eh. It's not perfect. You have to pay in order to make comments on just about any channel, to the tune of 50 dollars a year per channel, freeking outrageous. They need to calm that down to 5 dollars a year and they will actually make serious cash.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 07:29:31 PM »
Whatever it's still perfect for us, just don't make people pay to comment, we really don't care if we get psycho trolls, just kick them, and you have interaction.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 01:48:46 PM »
It looks very nice.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2021, 09:49:59 PM »
It looks very nice.

I highly recommend hiring a social media expert to put us everywhere and keep pushing content. If you set it right he should earn 10 times his salary for you.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2021, 01:49:07 AM »
Been going through it a while. So not alot of interaction if you have to pay to comment, not a lot of reason to pay to comment on a single channel or get their news stories, since I get plenty from where they get their news from.

It works on some people to force them to pay to do what they can do for free elsewhere, but you're not going to get tons of intellectuals, and the youth are all but guaranteed to have no interaction there.

It still is perfect for us and we can make money: let them see and comment for free and for supporters some other benefit, like naming them in a blessing before the show or a prize draw with a free trip to Israel when there are more and other benefits would be much less insulting than the encouraged business model, and get lots of attention twice over. Or like there's a fee for half the posts and to comment, but you can get it waived if you show you liked, commented and favorited all the weekly JTFs that month.

The potential here is massive and there is room for innovation.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2021, 09:08:54 AM »
On another note, something that would generate far more engagement and educate people would be to copy the trivia quiz style at the bottom of every gateway pundit page. It can be put anywhere.

Giving people 4 questions about Israel with multiple choice would be excellent to educate people, like "where was the first Palestinian palace", would have three random places and "none" being the right answer.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2021, 10:44:33 PM »
In the end I have little hope for the site. In the rush to monetize, what you end up with is a feed with 90% supporter only posts with a big message saying you can't see it. To unblock every message on my feed there would cost several thousand dollars a year and honestly I was never as interested in what celebrities say as the feedback they get. More important is engagement.

Their website can still work, but they are going to have to take all the blocked messages out and show them to people who pay for them. Groupies of celebrities have lots of fun, but it's obviously not going to grow to a point where its relevant unless they figure out how to make fan experiences less of a waste of time.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 02:39:32 AM »
I think it is supposed to be a replacement to Patreon. Can it be a stand alone social media site?

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 10:58:34 AM »
I think it is supposed to be a replacement to Patreon. Can it be a stand alone social media site?

It really can be a half way between twitter and facebook. If you only follow free.communities its worth going there.