Author Topic: What do you do if you want to gain weight?  (Read 3115 times)

ftf

What do you do if you want to gain weight?
« on: October 02, 2007, 05:07:41 PM »
I think I ned to gain a few pounds, what is the best way of doing this?

kellymaureen

Re: What do you do if you want to gain weight?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 05:20:27 PM »
Im not a doctor, but I know that muscle weighs more than fat, so maybe work out and build up your muscles.  I eat and eat and dont gain anything, so eating doesnt work for everyone, and besides I would think that wouldnt be the kind of weight you want to put on ;)

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 05:22:24 PM »
First you want to gain muscles not a fat. To do that you need to workout. Take a enough proteins, I would recommend you to take 2 proteins per kilo of your body weight in one day. Egg whites are good source of protein in the morning lets say about 5gm of protein per egg. If you eat fish in Wallmart you have tilapia packs which are very cheap but very good source of protein (over 20gm a single fish). Chicken breast, than beef are good sources. Eat also rise and potatoes, salads, take some vitamin B to gain appetite. It is easy on line to find out how much particular food can benefit your exercise program. Workout hard and good weight will come along with that....
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 05:26:03 PM »
Thee was a time like that for me .Now I wish I weighed what ever you do.Im 6foot + and 216 pounds.It will come sir....Then you will have to work out every day like me.
wayne jude

ftf

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 05:57:28 PM »
I weigh 138 pounds. I've been gaining muscle for a while, but I find that I'm always too hungry, I work out every day when I'm not ill, which I have  been a lot recently, I want some fat, so that I have some energy reserves, as it is, I feel hungry 20 mins after eating.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 05:59:13 PM »
Just trust me it will catch up with you .Enjoy your youth!
Wayne Jude

ftf

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 06:07:30 PM »
Wayne Jude
I really struggle being hungry all the time I need some fat as a reserve.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 06:32:20 PM »
Wayne Jude
I really struggle being hungry all the time I need some fat as a reserve
You do not need fat. Fat will do nothing to you. You need to eat a better food and more food amounts. If practice your body need more food. Just eat healthy foods and practice. I can tell you how to gain fat but I would rather bite my tongue because that will not bring you any good. Take some raisins after you work out.
To help you, you must tell me what are you eating after you work out??
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

ftf

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 07:13:44 PM »
Wayne Jude
You do not need fat. Fat will do nothing to you. You need to eat a better food and more food amounts. If practice your body need more food. Just eat healthy foods and practice. I can tell you how to gain fat but I would rather bite my tongue because that will not bring you any good. Take some raisins after you work out.
I normally work out in the evening afterwards I just have a drink (water) and go to bed.

Offline decimos

• Senior JTFer
    • wowheed
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 07:52:26 PM »
eat rubbish food,chocolate cakes. but bad for your teeth.
And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken perversion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed thee out of the house of bondage, to draw thee aside out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put away the evil from the midst of thee.Deuteronomy 13:5.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 08:50:06 PM »
Wayne Jude
I normally work out in the evening afterwards I just have a drink (water) and go to bed.
Very bad. Your muscles will not grow ::) and probably in the morning you do not take a good breakfast? You need protein to grow. Do some egg whites for protein and raisins to make up loss of simple sugars if nothing. Do not workout too late. Your body is already tired at that time, rather if you like to work out late do it around six. Get some fatfree cottage cheese before you got to sleep let say ten pm. I like to take lowfat fruityogurt :D ;D you will have some more protein in it. You need about 120-150 gr of protein for you weight now in one day.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 08:53:43 PM by serbian army »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 10:16:22 PM »
you need some fat not to feel hungry. Eat some Avocados and nuts which have both protein and fat.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2007, 06:41:23 PM »
Tzvi Ben Roshel is right, nuts especially peanuts and cashews contain high levels of fat but they are healthy for you, the same goes for Avacado and Papaya.

Maybe you should eat more eggs, drink more milk etc Or constantly snack on healthy foods 24/7.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »
Just work out and gain muscle ,the fat can and will come one day! ;)

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 07:14:01 PM »
  you don`t want to gain weight! You will when time comes.... :P
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2007, 04:17:07 PM »
Pump some iron !
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Joe Schmo

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 04:18:56 PM »

Drink lots of beer.

Eat high-calorie foods.

Or, get over the idea that you need to gain weight.

What size are you?

Offline Husar

• Ultimate JTFer
  • I drink wine out of nazis' skulls.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2007, 02:21:05 PM »
I eat.

"HUSSARORUM ALIAS RACOW"
"Hussar alias Rac (Serb)"

http://www.myarmoury.com/feature_hussars.html
"Hussar or gussar originally meant "a robber" in Serbian. These horsemen served not only under the Polish and Lithuanian colors but also under those of the Holy Roman Emperor;"
http://www.husaria.jest.pl/rys.html
"Bardzo prawdopodobne, że początek swego istnienia husarze zawdzięczają Serbom. Po klęsce na Kosowym Polu w roku 1389 wszędzie szukali okazji do pomsty na Turkach.
Jan Długosz zapisał pod rokiem 1463, że w bitwie nad Sawą bił się Cohors Raczanorum (oddział Raców - Serbów). Po śmierci króla Macieja Korwina Serbowie udali się do Polski, aby kontynuować walkę z Turkami po usarsku."
http://www.angelfire.com/mi4/polcrt/WingedHussar.html
"The hussar concept began in Serbia, near the end of the 14th century. In the 16th century, painted wings or winged claws began to appear on cavalry shields. Wings were originally attached to the saddle and later to the back. In 1645, Col. Szczodrowski was said to have used ostrich wings.
In 1500, the Polish Treasury books make reference to hussars. Early on, they were foreign mercenaries, and were called Racowie from "Rascia" a word meaning "of Serbia." They came from the Serbian state of Ras."
http://www.fanaticus.org/DBA/armiesofthefanatici/DarrenBuxbaum/LaterSerbs/
"Serbian Gussars"
http://ac.bondurand.com/liste332.htm
"Les serbes avaient reconnu la nécessité d'une cavalerie légère, (...) ils développèrent leur propre cavalerie légère, les GUSARS ou USARS, d'où sont venus les hussards."
http://www.armae.com/contemporain/144epeesetdagues.htm
"Originaires de Serbie, les hussards furent des cavaliers d'élite, connus surtout en Hongrie puis en France, et imités par la suite partout en Europe."
http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/1b772/a9330/
"The area around the present Zorinsk (Ukrainia) belonged to the Serb Hussar Major Vuyich at the end of the 18th century."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenije_III
" Arsenije III (...) was inaugurating new Serb infantry and hussar regiments that were sent to the ongoing war."
http://www.gatago.com/pl/sci/historia/19850502.html
"Jan Długosz pod rokiem 1463 napisał, że w bitwie nad Sawą, biły się
"Cohors Raczanorum" / Początki husarii w bitwie na Kulikowym Polu
w 1389 r."
--

CcCc

newman

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2007, 02:30:02 PM »

Move to Manchester, live in a Council house, eat lots of fried fish & chips and drink at least 10 pints of beer everyday. You'll be a "big, fat northern bastard" in no time. ;)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 02:35:41 PM »
It may also help is you told us what your typical daily diet is.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

ftf

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 03:36:48 PM »
Issue over, I'm putting on weight steadily now, thanks.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 07:25:10 PM »
I wish I had this problem, but my suggestion is to eat nutritious, but calorie dense foods, such as those mentioned in the previous posts.