Poll

Which of these do you refrain from?

Pre and non-marital hugging.
13 (19.4%)
Pre and non-marital kissing (Including on the cheek.).
11 (16.4%)
Pre-marital sex.
22 (32.8%)
Shaking hands with an attractive member of the opposite sex who is not your spouse.
7 (10.4%)
None of the above.
14 (20.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: To What Extent Do You Practice Sexual Modesty?  (Read 53390 times)

Erica

Re: To What Extent Do You Practice Sexual Modesty?
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2007, 08:49:34 PM »
Kelly im with you, you sound typically Black...NO controls ,Just live!
What in the ???  :o She sounds black because??? Kelly's picture is right next to her posts. Are you okay?

Yeah, he's quite a cartoon character. I don't know if he's trying too hard or if he's really that lame.
I'll take the latter for a thousand, Alex.   O0

Erica

« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2007, 08:51:53 PM »
He thinks he's black.

Well I think he's crazy. lol Speaking of cartoon characters, he's reminding me more and more of Charlie Brown's teacher. Wha-Wha-Whawha! lol But I digress.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2007, 08:52:54 PM »

G-d isn't so forgiving. If one commits murder, he will not forgive.

Yes, Christians are allowed to confess their sins to a priest or reverend, but that doesn't necessarily mean G-d will forgive them. It is a plea to G-d for forgiveness. Whether G-d decides to forgive that person cannot be discovered in life.

Jews have a chance to repent on Yom Kippur, but that doesn't mean G-d will forgive us for our sins. It is a plea for forgiveness.

Just like in court, a criminal can plea innocent, but that doesn't mean he will be found as such.

You're thinking of Catholicism.. only they believe in confession.

Erica

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2007, 08:55:04 PM »
We have teenaged members like FTF, Sarah and Dexter. 

And even though they're only three people, this is a Torah true Jewish forum.  So fornication should not be encouraged for young men or women. 

It shouldn't be allowed for people of any age. Only sex in marriage should be encouraged.

Yacov, I don't think you should tell people what they can or can't do in their own personal lives on their own personal time. No one is going to judge you for remaining a virgin until marriage, for it is admirable, however its not right for you to determine what is right or wrong for someone to do; especially where their own relationships are concerned.

According to the Torah Bible and Christian Bible it is a grave sin that cannot be considered. It IS wrong. Even Noachides should not commit sexual sins.
THe wonderful thing about G-d is that he allows us to make mistakes and encourages us to come to him for forgiveness. He's not a one-sided G-d. Those who feel the need to repent after having sex before marriage will be forgiven by G-d. They can't be forgiven by man, because he has no power over someone who is equal to him.

Yes, Christians are allowed to confess their sins to a priest or reverend, but that doesn't necessarily mean G-d will forgive them. It is a plea to G-d for forgiveness. Whether G-d decides to forgive that person cannot be discovered in life.

Jews have a chance to repent on Yom Kippur, but that doesn't mean G-d will forgive us for our sins. It is a plea for forgiveness.

Just like in court, a criminal can plea innocent, but that doesn't mean he will be found as such.

But the criminal doesn't admit his wrongs and in the first two situations, the people are pleading guilty. You should have compared it to a plea bargain.

You're right about that. Criminals who kill people usually say they're innocent (when they actually did the deed, OJ) and then right before they take that walk down the green mile to the executioner's chair, they confess everything to God. I think its way too late for that at that time. lol If it isn't in your heart to admit wrongdoing the moment you do it, I don't think ANYONE can trust you/nor should they. But then, I'm no Goddess.

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2007, 08:55:25 PM »
The hugging, kissing and hand shaking taboos are only a part of Hasidim. They're perfectly acceptable in other denominations.

This is a false statement. If you are going to bring a statement like that then please back it up with Halahic proof, Im no Mr. perfect but writing wronge Halahic statements should be countered by any Jew who hears or sees it.
Hasidim is a practice of having the furthest possible restrictions to help in preventing the breaking of any Jewish laws. Hasidic Jews do not kiss, hug or shake hands with the strange women to avoid impure thoughts or worse. This is a sound idea and one I have great respect for.

However, Orthodox Jews can shake hands with strange women, just as long as it doesn't bring about impure thoughts. Orthodoxy is the most traditional of the denominations, and abides by everything the Torah commands, nothing more, nothing less.

There is nothing strong with taking extra precautions or additional methods in abiding by Jewish law. Those who take these extra precautions wouldn't be considered to be breaking Orthodoxy tradition. If one wants to not shake hands with strange women, as to avoid impure thoughts than it's not taboo. In fact it should be encouraged to be a careful as possible. That is why those who want to ensure their purity become a part of the Hasidic movement.

Not all Haredim (Ultra-Orthodox Jews) are Hasidic. I'm not even completely RELIGIOUS yet and even I don't break the sexual laws.

Well, Ultra-Orthodox tends to lean torward Hasidim. I'm talking about Hasidim itself.

I'm just beginning my teachings as well in Orthodoxy, but I too have always known better in regards to sex being a vast sin outside of wedlock.

Even if one is not religious, it's just a practice of good morals.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 08:59:12 PM by Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer »

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
What is Mitnagdism?

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2007, 09:19:58 PM »
Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim:

Young man, you listen up!  Please don't start posts about sexual modesty.  I'm single right now, in my 30's and I'm trying not to think about sex and all that stuff.   G-d, knows I deserve hot sex, as hard as I work.  However, if you know a good looking, skinny girl, without kids, give me a shout.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 09:24:31 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #107 on: October 10, 2007, 09:22:02 PM »
Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim:

Young man, you listen up!  Please don't start posts about sexual modesty.  I'm single right now, in my 30's and I'm trying not to think about sex and all that stuff.   G-d, knows I deserve hot sex, as hard as I work.  However, if you know a good looking, skinny girl, without kids, give me a shout.

:::D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 09:24:46 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

kellymaureen

« Reply #108 on: October 10, 2007, 09:27:57 PM »
 :laugh:

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #109 on: October 10, 2007, 09:51:12 PM »
I believe in virginity outside of marriage, no excuses.

I have no problem with hugs for the most part, unless they are gratuitously done with the purpose of maximizing body contact.

I am somewhat divided on kissing before marriage. I don't think it is wise usually, but am not about to make it a rule. :-P

kellymaureen

« Reply #110 on: October 10, 2007, 10:20:07 PM »
I'm Shomer Negiah! I'm just waiting for G-d to bless me with a woman like Kelly.

Thanks Ben, that was a nice thing to say :)

Offline Hail Columbia

• Master JTFer
  • Vrijheid, Welvaart, Beschaving
    • AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website
« Reply #111 on: October 10, 2007, 10:33:16 PM »

Orthodox Christians believe in confession as well.

Learn the truth about rap "music": (Strongly recommended for new members)
www.geocities.com/wilder2k1
My MySpace site:
http://www.myspace.com/hailcolumbiajtf
My YouTube site:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HailColumbiaJTF
Dixie Outfitters, Preserving Southern Heritage Since 1861:
http://www.dixieoutfitters.com/
AfricanCrisis, Africa's Premier Hard News Website:
http://www.africancrisis.co.za
The Right Perspective, NYC's Most Dangerous Callers to Talk Radio, Airing Live Every Friday Night, 10 PM EST:
http://www.therightperspectivepodcastblog.blogspot.com/

In thy power Almighty, trusting,
Did our fathers build of old;
Strengthen then, O Lord, their children
To defend, to love, to hold
That the heritage they gave us
For our children yet may be:
Bondsmen only to the Highest
And before the whole world free.
As our fathers trusted humbly,
Teach us, Lord, to trust Thee still:
Guard our land and guide our people
In Thy way to do Thy will.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #112 on: October 10, 2007, 10:35:51 PM »

Orthodox Christians believe in confession as well.
Hi Hail Columbia - what do you mean by Orthodox Christian?  I never heard that description before.  :)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #113 on: October 10, 2007, 10:43:12 PM »
Orthodox Christians are like Catholic Byzantines, Greek Orthodox, Coptic??, Russian Orthodox. They have inter communion with the Catholic church. BUT they do the "sign of the cross" the opposite way that Catholics do and the Vatican "Holy See" has no authority over them, although they are affiliated.
Very interesting - I did not know that - Thank You for helping me out on that one  :)
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #114 on: October 10, 2007, 10:59:54 PM »
Baruch im sorry to correct you but it is not Hassidim, please go to the link I posted. Its a Halahic website of Sefardim (specifically Syrians). Like I said before the law is derived from the Rambam who lived wayy before the Baal Shem tov (founder of Hassidim), and he says its from the Torah (Yakov- not a Rabbinic fence).
  Im not perfect, but the way to perfection is threw acquiring Daat (knowledge of the Torah)- a combination of Wisdom and understanding and then applying it (aka perfecting yourself).

Also about the issue of Hassidim, - all Hassidim are not as strict as other Orthodox rulings, and for example the Breslov just follow the Shulhan Aruh w/o necessarily making fences. Most Orthodox (except maybe Modern Orthodox) Rabbis are stricted then Hassidim, so lets get ride of that myth.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 11:05:47 PM by Tzvi Ben Roshel »
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #115 on: October 10, 2007, 11:03:03 PM »
http://dailyhalacha.com/displayRead.asp?readID=586&txtSearch=kissing

(you can hear it also -just 5 minutes short)

"So we learn some rules that applies to us. We must be careful and follow the restrictions and refrain from touching ladies who are forbidden to us. This would include a young girl or women who is going out with or engaged to a man. They are not married yet, so according to Rambam, touching such a girl would be forbidden from the Torah. We have to be careful because unfortunately many are lenient since they are engaged with a ring and are about to get married. They are lenient and think they can touch and kiss, and so on and so forth. According to Rambam, this would be forbidden from the Torah. It’s not a good sign for the future when a relationship starts on such a weak foundation. So we must inform the young men that are going with a girl to be careful to follow the rules of Nigeea. This is not an option. We want them to find their mate and be married, but they must be careful. It is not something that is from the Chasidim that they made up. It is written in the Halacha."

The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Kiwi

« Reply #116 on: October 11, 2007, 01:38:20 AM »

Well, you all knock yourselves out with that celibacy stuff, good luck with that.  :::D

I think many don't have a choice in it  ;D

Kiwi

« Reply #117 on: October 11, 2007, 01:46:28 AM »

Well, you all knock yourselves out with that celibacy stuff, good luck with that.  :::D

:::D Well, "celibacy" has worked so far! Well, for me at least.

Well for us women yes we are different  8;)

Not horny little cane toads  :::D

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #118 on: October 11, 2007, 01:46:33 AM »
http://dailyhalacha.com/displayRead.asp?readID=586&txtSearch=kissing

(you can hear it also -just 5 minutes short)

"So we learn some rules that applies to us. We must be careful and follow the restrictions and refrain from touching ladies who are forbidden to us. This would include a young girl or women who is going out with or engaged to a man. They are not married yet, so according to Rambam, touching such a girl would be forbidden from the Torah. We have to be careful because unfortunately many are lenient since they are engaged with a ring and are about to get married. They are lenient and think they can touch and kiss, and so on and so forth. According to Rambam, this would be forbidden from the Torah. It’s not a good sign for the future when a relationship starts on such a weak foundation. So we must inform the young men that are going with a girl to be careful to follow the rules of Nigeea. This is not an option. We want them to find their mate and be married, but they must be careful. It is not something that is from the Chasidim that they made up. It is written in the Halacha."

But I'm not saying the Hasidic Jews originated the custom, they do practice it though, and for the same reason. Most Hasidic rabbis will tell you that it's taboo, because they are aware of how men think and the impure thoughts that could occure if contact is made. Today in Hasidim it is considered wrong to touch a strange woman in any way. It may be an adopted custom, but it is the custom of the Hasidic people.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #119 on: October 11, 2007, 01:51:45 AM »

NewYorker just doesn't get it. If he doesn't understand the need for morals in the US and Israel, then, I'm not sure why he's a part of this movement.

And it's not celibacy, celibacy is what is priests practice, and means you don't intend to have sex at all. Jews do not practice celibacy, we practice refranement from sex until we are within wedlock.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2007, 02:01:49 AM »

NewYorker just doesn't get it. If he doesn't understand the need for morals in the US and Israel, then, I'm not sure why he's a part of this movement.

And it's not celibacy, celibacy is what is priests practice, and means you don't intend to have sex at all. Jews do not practice celibacy, we practice refranement from sex until we are within wedlock.
I thought that priests practice "chastity" Celibacy is only temporary while a vow of chastity is for ever.
Anywho, you're right. celibacy is not the word I had in mind, so that's why I put it in "quotes"
I practice abstinence...the BEST way to be while unmarried in my opinion!
Catholic priests take a vow of celibacy, which is an indefinite refrainment from sex.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #121 on: October 11, 2007, 03:08:38 AM »

I'm part of this movement because we're all under the same threat from the bastard nazi muslim fascists and I agree with the JTF political stance for America and Israel.

On the refranement until marriage stuff, well, I'm 40 and not married, no prospects or plans of getting married, and there's a very good chance I may never marry, so that whole abstaining until wedlock, isn't quite going to work for me, M'kay.  ;)

And for the record, I'm not promoting my lifestyle, I'm just giving the guys some good natured razzing. Now careful while you get off that high horse, wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.   8;)

Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

newman

« Reply #122 on: October 11, 2007, 04:25:33 AM »

I'm part of this movement because we're all under the same threat from the bastard nazi muslim fascists and I agree with the JTF political stance for America and Israel.

On the refranement until marriage stuff, well, I'm 40 and not married, no prospects or plans of getting married, and there's a very good chance I may never marry, so that whole abstaining until wedlock, isn't quite going to work for me, M'kay.  ;)

And for the record, I'm not promoting my lifestyle, I'm just giving the guys some good natured razzing. Now careful while you get off that high horse, wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.   8;)

I've already taken up the question with Lubab.

There is NO prohibition on gentiles having sex outside of marriage. According to the Seven Laws of Noah (the laws that govern gentiles), the only sexual prohibitions for gentiles are homosexuality, bestiality, adultery and incest.

Jews are another matter. Their 613 Mitzviot are tougher than our seven.

Celibacy is also bad for mental health. Ask any navy chief, factory foreman or mining boss. Men who do not get regular sexual release go crazy, drink too much and start fights.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #123 on: October 11, 2007, 06:07:06 AM »

I've already taken up the question with Lubab.

There is NO prohibition on gentiles having sex outside of marriage. According to the Seven Laws of Noah (the laws that govern gentiles), the only sexual prohibitions for gentiles are homosexuality, bestiality, adultery and incest.

Jews are another matter. Their 613 Mitzviot are tougher than our seven.

Celibacy is also bad for mental health. Ask any navy chief, factory foreman or mining boss. Men who do not get regular sexual release go crazy, drink too much and start fights.

Sex outside of marriage is forbidden in Christianity, it's taken from Jewish law.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #124 on: October 11, 2007, 07:33:25 AM »
Anytime i feel the need...i handcuff my wrists so that i prevent touching myself...Is that kosher for you guys?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein