Poll

Should they be banned?

Yes.
7 (36.8%)
No.
12 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Should open stomach shirts be banned?  (Read 8433 times)

admin

Should open stomach shirts be banned?
« on: October 09, 2007, 03:09:48 PM »
There is too much of that in Israel. It's especially bad when the women who wear them expose a belly button stapling. I used to like seeing women dress that way in Israel but it's so stupid now that every single non-religious woman does that.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
Re: Should open stomach shirts be banned?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2007, 03:13:43 PM »
No by state (national) law which is too omnipotent already but by comunal law/social customs and traditions; However it must be  prohibited for old ugly fat women. 8;)
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2007, 04:05:51 PM »
I don't know about banned - but seeing less of them would be nice.

Yesterday at the Columbus Day parade in NYC a Bacardi Rum Float went by with some scantily clad women aboard.

BullCat Jr. yelled out something like - Hey Ladies - Put some shirts on you're sticking out all over.   ::)
I was so proud of her.  O0
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 04:51:25 PM »
only for fat chicks they should be banned  :laugh:
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 06:09:41 PM »
I agree with Bullcat. 

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 06:34:34 PM »
only for fat chicks they should be banned  :laugh:

Haha! Good answer! *making shuddering noise*

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2007, 06:37:41 PM »
I think this type of shirt should be banned from schools (which it technically is right now if it's enforced properly) and should be banned from public places with families and children. Ergo, Britney Spears should be banned in all her forms.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 06:52:37 PM »
It depends on who's wearing them.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2007, 07:40:45 PM »
It depends on who's wearing them.
Yeah - Some men should just avoid them altogether!
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 08:13:55 PM »
We all know what Joe Gutfeld will vote.

How do you know?  Would he vote whatever Don Imus thinks?  Though I don't know what Imus thinks about it.

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 08:25:24 PM »
There's nothing wrong with that. 

Offline Barach Velvel ben Lazer Eliazer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 08:29:41 PM »
Just like tattoos and piercings, no. It is up to the individual how they want to appear in the Holy Land. Judaism encourages us to dress conservatively.

The woman you speak of are obviously not Orthodox or Hasidic. They most likely belong to the minority of the Reform movement or are Conservative. People of the less strict demoninations dress like this.

Women who dress like this are of little moral fiber. Exposing this particular part of the body is unacceptable and indecent. If a Jewish woman dresses like this, they're most likely going to have sex out wedlock. A Jewish woman should not woo a man through her attire. No woman of any religion should do that.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 10:03:05 PM »
 >:(
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2007, 01:50:06 AM »
the most beautiful women I see are almost always more modestly dressed (not talking about long skirts...but they wear less revealing stuff)

the most trashy women generally wear the most revealing stuff with piercings and tattoos all over the place.

However, I don't mind good looking women without piercings and tatts wearing things a little bit revealing, but I think that is pretty rare.

I think they should have choice so at least I can see what type of person they are almost immediately.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 02:01:40 AM »
the most beautiful women I see are almost always more modestly dressed (not talking about long skirts...but they wear less revealing stuff)

the most trashy women generally wear the most revealing stuff with piercings and tattoos all over the place.

However, I don't mind good looking women without piercings and tatts wearing things a little bit revealing, but I think that is pretty rare.

I think they should have choice so at least I can see what type of person they are almost immediately.
Immodest dress usually suggests that a woman is looking to attract a male through her attire. That is not the way it is meant to be in Judaism or Christianity. Relationships built on lust are impure, and will surely lead to sex out of wedlock.

newman

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 04:09:11 AM »
No by state (national) law which is too omnipotent already but by comunal law/social customs and traditions; However it must be  prohibited for old ugly fat women. 8;)

I'm with you, there.

The same goes for licra spotswear. It's supposed to be for cutsie-pie little 20 something girls, not the 60+ geriatrics wearing the stuff today!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2007, 07:10:17 AM »
Joe would vote yes because he likes to see immodestly dressed women. He likes that Israeli women pose in swimsuits.

me too...i just shudder when i see tatoos, piercings or if they are under the age of 18...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2007, 05:27:13 PM »
I don't know about banned - but seeing less of them would be nice.

Yesterday at the Columbus Day parade in NYC a Bacardi Rum Float went by with some scantily clad women aboard.

BullCat Jr. yelled out something like - Hey Ladies - Put some shirts on you're sticking out all over.   ::)
I was so proud of her.  O0

I love your kid LOL! ;D

I think it should be banned for women because I just reckon its immodest for them to showoff that bit of their body....though I accidentally clicked No. :)

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2007, 10:54:33 PM »
Immodest dress usually suggests that a woman is looking to attract a male through her attire. That is not the way it is meant to be in Judaism or Christianity. Relationships built on lust are impure, and will surely lead to sex out of wedlock.

So I take it your not a huge fan of Girls Gone Wild??????

What if we lived in a world where men only valued brains...but women were not allowed to have intellectual discussions (like if an intellectual discussion was considered immodest)...that would be great for the beautiful but dumb women, but would that be fair to smart women?

Beauty and brains are just two things that make people attractive. Each have their place, and both men and women can individually choose which they want more of in a partner/mate before or during marriage.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2007, 11:01:27 PM »
I think they are in exceptionally poor taste but I am not sure about a ban. How could we enforce it?

kellymaureen

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2007, 11:04:11 PM »
No, we cant tell people how to dress, its up to the individual.  I dont wear those shirts, but anyone who wants to can.  As a woman I am far more offended by a woman in a burka shuffling behind her husband on a hot day, lugging 8 small kids while he strolls along in shorts, than I am a womans bare midriff.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2007, 11:10:58 PM »
No, we cant tell people how to dress, its up to the individual.  I dont wear those shirts, but anyone who wants to can.  As a woman I am far more offended by a woman in a burka shuffling behind her husband on a hot day, lugging 8 small kids while he strolls along in shorts, than I am a womans bare midriff.

No offense to some of the people here and ultra-religious Jews, but the whole extreme-modesty enforcement thing sounds  a lot like some Sharia-s#it.  I'm with the secularists in this regard & can definitely understand anyone having an extreme aversion to religious policies that would enforce something like this in Israel.

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 11:21:32 PM »

What if we lived in a world where men only valued brains...but women were not allowed to have intellectual discussions (like if an intellectual discussion was considered immodest)...that would be great for the beautiful but dumb women, but would that be fair to smart women?

Beauty and brains are just two things that make people attractive. Each have their place, and both men and women can individually choose which they want more of in a partner/mate before or during marriage.

If we lived in a JTF America, one with morals, women would concentrate less on their looks and more on their mind. Of course you're always going to have your retards, but that can't be helped.

Beauty is a great thing, but a women does not have to expose every bit of her body she can without being technically nude to prove her beauty. I find that quite unattractive.

That's why most Jews don't approach women, but, instead, are introduced through third parties.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2007, 12:12:30 AM »

If we lived in a JTF America, one with morals, women would concentrate less on their looks and more on their mind. Of course you're always going to have your retards, but that can't be helped.

Beauty is a great thing, but a women does not have to expose every bit of her body she can without being technically nude to prove her beauty. I find that quite unattractive.

That's why most Jews don't approach women, but, instead, are introduced through third parties.

Well, I agree with you that some women over-do it, but a man with any sense would probably not find that attractive anyways.  I also think wholesome beauty is the best and that the most beautiful women are never the ones that have to starve themselves to look decent (a little on the heavy site/athletic are ok with me). 

The immoral fashion industry full of queers and starving models sets the stupidest, cruelist, and most obscene standards, and it is criminal that they have such a loud voice.  I'm already over it and see right through it, but it is horrible, especially for younger people like teens and early 20's.  So I would like to shut them out and I would not mind  a society where these people are marginalized rather than being center stage.

However, my main disagreement is about the standards of social interaction between normal, decent men and women.  I think it is unnatural to be overly sexually modest...In fact I think it some cases, it is a complete farce.

And as far as being introduced through 3rd party...Ok, that is fine...one of my rabbis met his wife that way and they have an extremely nice family of 6 or more kids...But I also don't think there should be any stigma attached to meeting people and having a social life that includes women even if it leads to premarital sex.

For some people, having one partner in their lifetime is fine, but for others...let's just say nature didn't intend it that way and I doubt Hashem did either.

kellymaureen

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2007, 12:17:59 AM »
Whatever happend to self control, we are responsible for our own actions, we can blame the other person for wearing revealing clothes, but really WE are responsible for our own actions.