Author Topic: Richard Dawkins  (Read 5001 times)

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
    • AussieJTFer's Youtube Channel
Richard Dawkins
« on: October 10, 2007, 09:17:58 AM »
I would like to know if any of you have read any of his books and what your opinions are of him and his works?  In my opinion, even though he is a powerful debater and well versed in his scientific field, he comes across as a holier than thou, obnoxious [censored].

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Richard Dawkins
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 09:28:57 AM »
He should debate Dr.Gerald  Schroeder          http://www.geraldschroeder.com/

Famous Atheist now beleives in G-D       http://www.sciencefindsgod.com/famous-atheist-now-believes-in-god.htm
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 09:32:04 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 02:07:47 PM »
I'm very well aware of Richard Dawkins, he seems like a smart guy although the problem with most of the people that follow Richard Dawkins assume that if you are in any way right wing, that you must be religious. The forums are very political. I don't like that humanist garbage.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 06:53:03 AM »
I would like to know if any of you have read any of his books and what your opinions are of him and his works?  In my opinion, even though he is a powerful debater and well versed in his scientific field, he comes across as a holier than thou, obnoxious [censored].
I'm reading his books about evulotion on this days.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 07:52:42 AM »

Which book is that, The Blind Watchmaker? His older books are educational and he keeps his anti-religion rants to a minimum, his latest book however, is an all out assault on religion. He has become everything he proclaims to hate, a snivelling, malicious, holier than thou bully who is intolerant of those professing different views (in this case, people with faith). At least other evolutionists such as Stephen Jay Gould did not belittle anyone with a shred of belief in the spiritual or divine.
I find atheists to be the most conceited and egocentric people on earth. How many of them understand one one millionth of the science that they proclaim "enlightens" them to levels of intellectualism that are obviously unattainable by the average, "stupid" theist.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 01:54:46 PM »

Which book is that, The Blind Watchmaker?
And The Selfish Gene.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 05:28:02 PM »

Isnt that the guy who said a couple of years ago that everything he said and wrote untile thn was not true, and that we all came from some green sperm or something like that. - Hes the guy in the wheel chair I believe. Anyway a Jewish boy shouldn't waist his time with that garbage.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 05:29:13 PM »

Isnt that the guy who said a couple of years ago that everything he said and wrote untile thn was not true, and that we all came from some green sperm or something like that. - Hes the guy in the wheel chair I believe. Anyway a Jewish boy shouldn't waist his time with that garbage.

No that isn't him

This is Richard Dawkins

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 05:40:11 PM »
Well...most people call somebody named Richard "Dick"...

Is this guy the "Dick" that is the "professional Atheist"?

Or am I confusing him with another "Dick"?

Offline aggressi0n

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 05:56:10 PM »
I went on the Richard Dawkins forum and their anything but rational. Like I went there on a new account and just on my first post I asked them if Biogenesis is true and all I got was a bunch cussing and insults toward me, seems rational eh? Also they support beastallity!

From what I have found atheist are a bunch of illiterates who just hate God so much they have to deny Him.

I don't if you guys have ever heard of the Rational Response Squad, but their a bunch of atheist who create things like this(sorry for the cussing.)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 01:56:43 PM »
There are a few things I like about Dawkins.

His ideas about memes are interesting, and I think that memetics is one way to describe what can be termed "Cultural evolution".

Another thing I like about Dawkins is his description of a cell as a 'survival machine' for a bit of genetic material. This concept probably helps a lot in abiogenesis research.

Genetics preceded cells.

However I agree with most of what has been said about his being an arrogant and hateful person. I don't believe all atheists are this way, but a sizable number of them that I've met have been that way. He's not content to have his philosophy and leave others be, he feels that he must ridicule believers.

Neither theism nor atheism are based in science, as science only studies the natural world. Theism is a belief and atheism is generally a lack of belief in the supernatural. Dawkins crosses the line from a simple lack of belief, to that of a positive belief that there is no supernatural world. That's the distinction between weak and strong atheism. Strong atheists, in my experience, tend to be the more obnoxious types, while weak atheists tend toward agnosticism.

One of the most ridiculous things that Dawkins has been involved in was the "Brights", a group of atheists who apparently think they're brighter than the theists, even though they claim that's not what it means.

Offline AussieJTFer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 06:07:51 AM »

His ideas about memes are interesting, and I think that memetics is one way to describe what can be termed "Cultural evolution".

Another thing I like about Dawkins is his description of a cell as a 'survival machine' for a bit of genetic material. This concept probably helps a lot in abiogenesis research.

Genetics preceded cells.

However I agree with most of what has been said about his being an arrogant and hateful person. I don't believe all atheists are this way, but a sizable number of them that I've met have been that way. He's not content to have his philosophy and leave others be, he feels that he must ridicule believers.

Neither theism nor atheism are based in science, as science only studies the natural world. Theism is a belief and atheism is generally a lack of belief in the supernatural. Dawkins crosses the line from a simple lack of belief, to that of a positive belief that there is no supernatural world. That's the distinction between weak and strong atheism. Strong atheists, in my experience, tend to be the more obnoxious types, while weak atheists tend toward agnosticism.

One of the most ridiculous things that Dawkins has been involved in was the "Brights", a group of atheists who apparently think they're brighter than the theists, even though they claim that's not what it means.

Do you believe that "weak atheists" exist? I think anyone that starts to question even to the slightest the non-existence of God or the standard atheist rationale is an agnostic, even if they may label themselves atheist.
I find that atheists are no different than fundamentalist Christian types or muslims that try and "convert" anyone who does not follow their line of thinking. Atheists are more obnoxious however as they look down upon anyone who might have a shred of belief in the supernatural as being intellectually challenged and needing "enlightenment". Dawkins is basically the Bin Laden of the atheists, utilising any means possible in extolling the virtues of his belief system on the uncoverted and "dumb" masses and sneering at their set of collective beliefs. I have no doubt that if he were given the means to eliminate every person of faith from the face of the earth, he would not hesitate in doing so.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 02:47:58 PM »

Genetics preceded cells.

Do you believe that "weak atheists" exist? I think anyone that starts to question even to the slightest the non-existence of G-d or the standard atheist rationale is an agnostic, even if they may label themselves atheist.
I find that atheists are no different than fundamentalist Christian types or muslims that try and "convert" anyone who does not follow their line of thinking. Atheists are more obnoxious however as they look down upon anyone who might have a shred of belief in the supernatural as being intellectually challenged and needing "enlightenment". Dawkins is basically the Bin Laden of the atheists, utilising any means possible in extolling the virtues of his belief system on the uncoverted and "dumb" masses and sneering at their set of collective beliefs. I have no doubt that if he were given the means to eliminate every person of faith from the face of the earth, he would not hesitate in doing so.

An atheist can't convert anyone because atheism is not a religion.