Author Topic: Reply to Chaim's disagreements with Chabad  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
Reply to Chaim's disagreements with Chabad
« on: October 19, 2022, 07:57:37 AM »
Chaim, I hope the following points answer some of your concerns.

a) Rabbi Weiner and Rabbi Schulman live in Israel.

b) They do not worship the Rebbe. I know this because their publicly available teachings say that worshiping a person is idolatry.

c) The Talmud does not say that prophecy ended forever. The Messiah will be an extraordinary prophet, second only to Moses. Because the Messiah will teach Gentiles the Noahide laws, Chabadniks believed the Rebbe was the Messiah and a prophet.

d) Shem the son of Noah was completely righteous according to Tractate Sukkah 52b, and the explanation by Rashi there. Believing that a holy Jewish leader like the Rebbe never sinned and was completely righteous is not a heresy.

e) Everything in traditional Torah Judaism is against adding or subtracting. If Gentiles can add Jewish commandments, they can add Muslim commandments. The ultimate result of Cherky's teachings for Gentiles is heresy.
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Reply to Chaim's disagreements with Chabad
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2022, 03:04:08 PM »
Chaim, I hope the following points answer some of your concerns.

a) Rabbi Weiner and Rabbi Schulman live in Israel.

b) They do not worship the Rebbe. I know this because their publicly available teachings say that worshiping a person is idolatry.

c) The Talmud does not say that prophecy ended forever. The Messiah will be an extraordinary prophet, second only to Moses. Because the Messiah will teach Gentiles the Noahide laws, Chabadniks believed the Rebbe was the Messiah and a prophet.

d) Shem the son of Noah was completely righteous according to Tractate Sukkah 52b, and the explanation by Rashi there. Believing that a holy Jewish leader like the Rebbe never sinned and was completely righteous is not a heresy.

e) Everything in traditional Torah Judaism is against adding or subtracting. If Gentiles can add Jewish commandments, they can add Muslim commandments. The ultimate result of Cherky's teachings for Gentiles is heresy.

בס''ד

So I assume that you agree with Chabad that the Rebbe who passed away in June 1994, 28 years ago, was the Messiah. That's not heresy?

*The Messiah is supposed to bring all of the Jews back to Israel - kibutz galuyot (ingathering of the exiles). Not only did the Rebbe not bring all of the Jews back to Israel, he himself never set foot in Israel. The Rebbe chose to live in Crown Heights, Brooklyn rather than Israel.

*The Messiah will rebuild the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

*The Messiah will fight Israel's wars and destroy all of Israel's enemies.

*After destroying the forces of evil, the Messiah will create a world of universal faith in the G-d of Israel among all of the surviving Jews and Gentiles. There will be universal peace and perfection in the world.

*The Messiah will bring universal knowledge of G-d to the Jews and the Gentiles throughout the world.

*The Messiah will be universally recognized as the leader of Israel and the world.

*The Messiah will liberate the entire Biblical land of Israel from the Nile to the Euphrates (or at least from Wadi El Arish in Sinai to the Euphrates).

All of the above is just the beginning of what the Messiah will do. Did the Rebbe do all of these things?

The Rebbe was a Torah scholar and a Jewish leader who loved the Jewish people. But he was NOT the Messiah, NOT a prophet, NOT perfect and sinless. On this issue, ALL rabbis and Torah scholars outside of Chabad agree with me.

Having said that, I love Chabad because they do love the Jewish people. But I believe their views on this issue are wrong.

Offline Hrvatski Noahid

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2022, 04:16:51 PM »
בס''ד

So I assume that you agree with Chabad that the Rebbe who passed away in June 1994, 28 years ago, was the Messiah. That's not heresy?

*The Messiah is supposed to bring all of the Jews back to Israel - kibutz galuyot (ingathering of the exiles). Not only did the Rebbe not bring all of the Jews back to Israel, he himself never set foot in Israel. The Rebbe chose to live in Crown Heights, Brooklyn rather than Israel.

*The Messiah will rebuild the Holy Temple in Jerusalem.

*The Messiah will fight Israel's wars and destroy all of Israel's enemies.

*After destroying the forces of evil, the Messiah will create a world of universal faith in the G-d of Israel among all of the surviving Jews and Gentiles. There will be universal peace and perfection in the world.

*The Messiah will bring universal knowledge of G-d to the Jews and the Gentiles throughout the world.

*The Messiah will be universally recognized as the leader of Israel and the world.

*The Messiah will liberate the entire Biblical land of Israel from the Nile to the Euphrates (or at least from Wadi El Arish in Sinai to the Euphrates).

All of the above is just the beginning of what the Messiah will do. Did the Rebbe do all of these things?

The Rebbe was a Torah scholar and a Jewish leader who loved the Jewish people. But he was NOT the Messiah, NOT a prophet, NOT perfect and sinless. On this issue, ALL rabbis and Torah scholars outside of Chabad agree with me.

Having said that, I love Chabad because they do love the Jewish people. But I believe their views on this issue are wrong.

From Seven Gates of Righteous Knowledge by Rabbis Weiner and Schulman, page 175: "It is stated in other places in Torah that this redemption will be accomplished through the Messiah, as explained by Maimonides in Laws of Kings, Chapter 11."

As a matter of Torah Law, of course the Rebbe was not the Messiah.

While he was alive, it was perfectly acceptable to consider him a potential Messiah, and a prophet, and perfect and sinless. 
Gentiles are obligated to fulfill the Seven Noahide Commandments because they are the eternal command of God, transmitted through Moses our teacher in the Torah. The main and best book on details of Noahide observance is "The Divine Code" by Rabbi Moshe Weiner.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCffOR1kc1bBK9HwP8kQdSXg
Telegram: https://t.me/JewishTaskForceChat
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Noachide/

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2022, 07:26:48 PM »

While he was alive, it was perfectly acceptable to consider him a potential Messiah, and a prophet, and perfect and sinless.

No, it wasn't.