Poll

Should she moderate the Islam section?

Yes.
11 (42.3%)
Yes, I couldn't think of a better choice.
8 (30.8%)
No.
7 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should kellymaureen be made a moderator?  (Read 7995 times)

admin

Should kellymaureen be made a moderator?
« on: October 12, 2007, 12:12:22 AM »
I think she is well qualified to moderate our Islam section.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 12:22:44 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
Re: Should kellymaureen be made a moderator?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 12:21:12 AM »
Well said, I second that!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 12:40:26 AM »
Yes, but you should have made her one before she threatened to leave.

newman

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 04:53:51 AM »
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's difinitely one of the best, most intelligent posters anywhere on the net! She's also steadfastly pro-Jewish, pro-Israel and a real woman of valor.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 05:13:46 AM »
I think Kelly is a great girl but we really need someone in high authority who isn't going to get turned away through insults at the drop of a hat....

THATS WHY I HAD TO SAY NO

newman

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 05:22:50 AM »
I think Kelly is a great girl but we really need someone in high authority who isn't going to get turned away through insults at the drop of a hat....

THATS WHY I HAD TO SAY NO

What are you talking about?

She made a stand on principal. She can take insults and dish out worse! Kelly can mix it up in the roughest company around.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 05:32:01 AM »
MY POINT IS THIS:

Kelly wanted to leave us.. i and others have tried to persuade her to stay and we all hope she does... if she doesn't thats her decision and i will respect it...

BUT:

should she be in the drivers seat when she has clearly planned or at least considered leaving because of one person...?

we don't need this in  JTF... i am the same, i get hot headed and am sensitive sometimes, so i wouldn't be any good either..

she has the knowledge but does she have the indurance to withstand pressure from people with different views?

ITS JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 05:44:41 AM by raiseyourfist »

newman

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 05:51:12 AM »
MY POINT IS THIS:

Kelly wanted to leave us.. i and others have tried to persuade her to stay and we all hope she does... if she doesn't thats her decision and i will respect it...

BUT:

should she be in the drivers seat when she has clearly planned or at least considered leaving because of one person...?

we don't need this in  JTF... i am the same, i get hot headed and am sensitive sometimes, so i wouldn't be any good either..

she has the knowledge but does she have the indurance to withstand pressure from people with different views?

ITS JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

She didn't threaten to leave over 'one person'. She threatened to leave because a great many people tollerate unacceptable posts from that one person.

raiseyourfist

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 06:22:21 AM »
Even still Newman... moderators have to be resiliant and withstand pressure from multiple people to succeed...

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 07:00:21 AM »
Most of what they say Sarah was saying was in private messages and the rest in one or two posts that not many people noticed. I think I saw the one about the IDF but she was rebuked about it and I figured she learned something by her mistake. Kelly shows some real conviction at times over issues however for my money when a member threatens to toss in the towel over something that was said in a thread they really don't have what it takes to become a moderator or administrator. People who have positions like that need to be tenacious and come back twice as strong in the disagreement. I have to say I have been watching some of the appointments to the official positions here on the forum lately and I scratch my head as to why some of the appointments were made. What function do they serve?  Days and even weeks go buy and some of the folks are never around. When they are on they say very little. Our forum is becoming larger and with the increased traffic and amounts of postings we need folks that are here putting the time in and willing to take a stand  in a disagreement and stick to it. Tossing in the towel because a 15 year old girl is saying the wrong thing does not make a moderator. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 07:24:34 AM »
I agree with RaiseYourFist and CJD - good points.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 07:28:01 AM »
only if she wants.

but she can be my momma also :P
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

raiseyourfist

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 07:40:47 AM »
Most of what they say Sarah was saying was in private messages and the rest in one or two posts that not many people noticed. I think I saw the one about the IDF but she was rebuked about it and I figured she learned something by her mistake. Kelly shows some real conviction at times over issues however for my money when a member threatens to toss in the towel over something that was said in a thread they really don't have what it takes to become a moderator or administrator. People who have positions like that need to be tenacious and come back twice as strong in the disagreement. I have to say I have been watching some of the appointments to the official positions here on the forum lately and I scratch my head as to why some of the appointments were made. What function do they serve?  Days and even weeks go buy and some of the folks are never around. When they are on they say very little. Our forum is becoming larger and with the increased traffic and amounts of postings we need folks that are here putting the time in and willing to take a stand  in a disagreement and stick to it. Tossing in the towel because a 15 year old girl is saying the wrong thing does not make a moderator. 

Thanks for backing me up on this CJD and Bullcat.. i know i have disagreements with you in the past but i am glad to see that you read into what i am saying about the need for resilience in becoming a moderator....

It is a big position to fill with many potential candidates but kellymaureen based on 'here say and conjecture' i will have to concur with both on this issue...

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 10:21:29 PM »
She's an Excellent Choice! O0

Joe Schmo

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 10:22:23 PM »
She's an Excellent Choice! O0

I agree!  O0

Joe Schmo

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 10:30:05 PM »

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 10:31:14 PM »
OK,Can we keep this in private ?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 10:32:17 PM »
Scriabin, give it up.

Everyone knows what you did. This is exactly like when you went on and on about how I am a "troll" because I refused to meet you then and there that night.

You really need some psychological help, dude.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 10:32:37 PM »
OK,Can we keep this in private ?

This is great entertainment for many people.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 10:34:35 PM »
Scriabin, give it up.

Everyone knows what you did. This is exactly like when you went on and on about how I am a "troll" because I refused to meet you then and there that night.

You really need some psychological help, dude.

Your opinions are none of my business.   ;)

kellymaureen

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 10:36:10 PM »
I havent been here nearly long enough, and right now hockey season for Adam has started, meaning 5am practices, at least 1 away game and 1 home game a week, juggling that all around work...so time is tight, i certainly wouldnt be able to give the needed time and attention to it.

As far as the islam section goes, Im sure I could hold my own, but debating a muslim is useless and not worth the time and energy.  ALL muslims, even the ones sawing your head off will tell you AND truly believe that islam is a "peaceful" religion, and though I can go koran quote for koran qote with them, there is no winning that debate, they will either keep telling you that you dont understand, youre "taking it out of context" or you need to read it in its "original arabic" to get the true meaning, or if all else fails and they get frustrated because you DO know too much, they call you an "islamophobe" and walk away.  

I agree with the person who said the reasoning for this offer was a little off, there are lots of people here would would do a great job, I hope that offers are made to them soon.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 10:42:06 PM »
This is exactly like when you went on and on about how I am a "troll" because I refused to meet you then and there that night.

You refused to meet me on EVERY occasion that I suggested, and I suggested that we meet MANY times.

You are a troll in my opinion.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »
Now Now - KellyMaureen - you're carrying it a bit too far with that AVATAR!  ;)
I don't want to see that image anywhere in my country.  :o
Go for an AVATAR with a sophisticated look like mine.  :::D
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

kellymaureen

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2007, 11:16:13 PM »
Lol I just wanted to see if I would get any smarter.....nope just hotter :laugh:

Joe Schmo

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2007, 11:17:04 PM »
Now Now - KellyMaureen - you're carrying it a bit too far with that AVATAR!  ;)
I don't want to see that image anywhere in my country.  :o
Go for an AVATAR with a sophisticated look like mine.  :::D

That IS rather funny.

At least now we'll respect Kelly for her intelligence and not be blinded by her physical beauty.

Physically beautiful women cloud the reason of men...oh yes they do.

Modesty.  This is what I wish for.  Immodest women either don't realize or don't care what their physical attributes do to men.  What a world we'd have if women were modest.

Men are STUPID when it comes to attractive women.