Author Topic: Purest points of views  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Purest points of views
« on: October 12, 2007, 07:26:55 AM »
Whenever anyone tries to have a personal purest point of view and attempts to be meticulous about it, it causes divisions of people...

On the other hand, laid-backness, open mindedness, intelligence, easy-goingness makes the most friends...

I just want to say to everyone...choose personality #2...or else JTF and Jews will keep dividing and dividiing and dividing...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: Purest points of views
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 10:26:29 AM »
Dan, I think you would make an excellent moderator. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 10:00:59 PM »

thank you Lisa..i wonder if I would have anytime to moderate...depends on what a good moderator is supposed to do.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 12:01:38 AM »

nop sorry.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 01:18:05 AM »

nop sorry.

and that's because i disagree with your methods, Tzvi...because of YOUR bible thumping i dislike religiosity more.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 12:38:45 PM »

nop sorry.

and that's because i disagree with your methods, Tzvi...because of YOUR bible thumping i dislike religiosity more.

well thats your problem, and just like we shouldn't have Jewish leaders who aren't fully observent (at least not keeping Shabb-aht) their shouldnt be given any power for any Jew who fits that category on this forum or other places. the basis for this is that if one cant make the right call for him/her self and do whats best for them then how will they have the best interests for others (even if well intentioned). Its also the reason why their is a ban on someone who smokes- he/she isnt allowed to testify in a Religious court.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 01:42:37 PM »

nop sorry.

well thats your problem, and just like we shouldn't have Jewish leaders who aren't fully observent (at least not keeping Shabb-aht) their shouldnt be given any power for any Jew who fits that category on this forum or other places. the basis for this is that if one cant make the right call for him/her self and do whats best for them then how will they have the best interests for others (even if well intentioned). Its also the reason why their is a ban on someone who smokes- he/she isnt allowed to testify in a Religious court.

IT's not my problem..it's all of our problems...it's not right...You're not my father, you're not my mother, you're not my maker...you will be dust like the fool that lives next door to you..so be careful what you say and how you say it...this is for your sake.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 04:23:47 PM »
I'm with you 100% on this one.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 04:47:45 PM »

yeh..how about them apples!?

(they're good this season)...

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 05:55:35 PM »
you will be dust like the fool that lives next door to you..so be careful what you say and how you say it...this is for your sake.

"Akavia the son of Mahalalel would say: Reflect upon three things and you will not come to the hands of transgression. Know from where you came, where you are going, and before whom you are destined to give a judgement and accounting. From where you came--from a putrid drop; where you are going--to a place of dust, maggots and worms; and before whom you are destined to give a judgement and accounting--before the supreme King of Kings, the Holy One, blessed be He." Avot 3:1

"Rabbi Levitas of Yavneh would say: Be very, very humble, for the hope of mortal man is worms." Avot 4:4

what's the name of the prayer that starts with "There is nothing new under the sun."

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 07:34:27 PM »

Cool! Then I certainly look forward to that apple picking trip I'll be taking with my students this Tuesday :)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 07:48:02 PM »

Cool! Then I certainly look forward to that apple picking trip I'll be taking with my students this Tuesday :)
Where do you go apple picking in the city?  I never went apple picking when I lived in Queens.  It's a real big deal where I live now.  So sorry to get off topic.  The question just came to mind.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 07:58:26 PM »

Where do you go apple picking in the city?  I never went apple picking when I lived in Queens.  It's a real big deal where I live now.  So sorry to get off topic.  The question just came to mind.

I believe the apple orchids are in Rockland County, so it's a little bit of a road trip for us city dwellers to get to.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 08:42:19 PM »

Where do you go apple picking in the city?  I never went apple picking when I lived in Queens.  It's a real big deal where I live now.  So sorry to get off topic.  The question just came to mind.

I believe the apple orchids are in Rockland County, so it's a little bit of a road trip for us city dwellers to get to.
I hope you have a fun time.
I was just a parent chaperone on a field trip to the beach...  :o - aprox. 300 3rd graders on ferries and running wild at the beach.  A nice alcoholic drink was called for - as soon as I got home!  ;) Just kidding.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 08:47:48 PM »

I hope you have a fun time.
I was just a parent chaperone on a field trip to the beach...  :o - aprox. 300 3rd graders on ferries and running wild at the beach.  A nice alcoholic drink was called for - as soon as I got home!  ;) Just kidding.

A nice shot of apple schnops? ;)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 09:15:05 PM »
Great idea - I'll keep that in mind for the next time.  O0