Poll

Should bad grammar be banned?

Yes, always.
3 (15%)
Yes, but only if it's being spoken by affirmative action morons.
9 (45%)
No, never.
8 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Should bad grammar be banned?  (Read 10329 times)

admin

Should bad grammar be banned?
« on: October 14, 2007, 08:57:04 PM »
I think it only should if it's by affirmative action morons.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 08:59:52 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Should bad grammar be banned?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 08:57:37 PM »
No.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 08:59:33 PM »
"Should bad grammer be banned?"

How about spelling?  Hehe jk

I think bad grammar should be pointed out wherever it happens, whether done by schvartzas or not.  Naturally, they will be corrected many times more often anyone with a proper command of English.  If we didn't try to correct our grammar, we would be no different than the affirmative action morons.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 09:00:58 PM »
Why you be frontin, man? Ain't no grammar should be banned! Grammar is who we should make sure we visit often and make sure we're nice to her ;)

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 09:01:14 PM »
NO WAY just some people are soo anal here about it. They need to chill out a tad.  ???

Joe Schmo

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 09:12:27 PM »
I think it's stupid the way many people write in bad grammar online because they're lazy. But if we were to ban it altogether, we couldn't make fun of Ebonics. But I don't mind banning it for native Ebonics speakers.

Your sew write.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 09:16:21 PM by Scriabin »

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 09:13:33 PM »
Grammer has nothing to do with people have to say, if you want great grammer and boring posters go right ahead.

You will kill all the life from this forum.

And I mistaken in thinking this forum is about getting the message across to people in the fight for the jewish race, or is it solely a spelling bee contest?

Does it matter how the message is sent as long as it is.

Do you really think life is worthless if you don't have A in grammer.

Life is about contecting with people not driving them away. Over many years I have seen uneducated people do the most amazing things, are they to be discounted because of their poor grammer, or praised for what they have done?

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 09:14:39 PM »
I think it's stupid the way many people write in bad grammar online because they're lazy. But if we were to ban it altogether, we couldn't make fun of Ebonics. But I don't mind banning it for native Ebonics speakers.

I voted yes, but in your condition, I think you're right! Otherwise you be frontin' b ;D.

Joe Schmo

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
Grammer has nothing to do with people have to say, if you want great grammer and boring posters go right ahead.

And I mistaken in thinking this forum is about getting the message across to people in the fight for the jewish race, or is it solely a spelling bee contest?

Life is about contecting with people not driving them away. Over many years I have seen uneducated people do the most amazing things, are they to be discounted because of their poor grammer, or praised for what they have done?

How a person writes is a reflection of their intelligence or lack thereof.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 09:17:13 PM »
Yes, it should be banned.

In fact, offenders should receive the death penalty.

This whole banned topic thing is wearing mighty thin, Yaacov.
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 09:17:42 PM »

It is a reflection of one's intelligence or lack thereof.

I'm afraid it's not quite that simple. While grammatical errors are often the result of not being educated and coming from certain cultures, incorrect grammar usage can also be the result of having a language disorder which can result in morphological and syntactical errors which are a different issue altogether from Ebonics.

Kiwi

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 09:18:16 PM »

well no its not, I have an IQ of 130, and double Uni degree.
And I have bad grammer. Assuming ones intelligence on the net is fool hardy at the very least  ;)

Joe Schmo

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 09:19:42 PM »

I'm afraid it's not quite that simple. While grammatical errors are often the result of not being educated and coming from certain cultures, incorrect grammar usage can also be the result of having a language disorder which can result in morphological and syntactical errors which are a different issue altogether from Ebonics.

The only exception I'll make to my previous statement regards people who are writing in a second language.

Kiwi

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 09:21:12 PM »

The only exception I'll make to my previous statement regards people who are writing in a second language.

Does that include Jibberish?

Joe Schmo

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 09:22:02 PM »

And I have bad grammer. Assuming ones intelligence on the net is fool hardy at the very least  ;)

Its not a perfect measurement of intelligence, but it is a good general indicator.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 09:22:40 PM »

Yes, language differences should be regarded as an exception as well as language disabilities. It's also important to note the differences between language differences and language disabilities. So many people confuse with what I do as a speech-language therapist with what a teacher of English as a second language does.

Kiwi

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 09:36:33 PM »

Its not a perfect measurement of intelligence, but it is a good general indicator.

ROFLMFAO!

Joe Schmo

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 09:39:52 PM »
ROFLMFAO!

What does that mean?

You should call yourself 'The Ignoramus'.

Kiwi

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 09:43:28 PM »
ROFLMFAO!

What does that mean?

It means Rolling on the floor laughing my f*cken arse off at your stupid logic  O0

Joe Schmo

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 09:46:56 PM »
ROFLMFAO!

What does that mean?

It means Rolling on the floor laughing my f*cken arse off at your stupid logic  O0

Take it easy.

What is writing?  It is a way of communicating one's ideas and thoughts.

The more clearly a person's ideas are expressed the more likely they are to be understood by the reader.

YATMSCSIHEE

Joe Schmo

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 09:47:56 PM »
ROFLMFAO!

What does that mean?

Wouldn't that be ROTFLMAOAYSL?

Kiwi

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 09:54:44 PM »
ROFLMFAO!

What does that mean?

Wouldn't that be ROTFLMAOAYSL?

Oh silly me do I get a spank  ^-^

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 12:25:58 AM »
Grammar is always changing. It's a natural prccess since Babel. I prefer Archaic English, but now it's not understood by the majority.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 12:42:54 AM »
In fact my favourite language is Hebrew, but I can't speak it.
And YES, I really enjoy writting and reading in Archaic English, more than modern one or Spanish.
Don't confuse Archaic with Old or Middle English, I refer to the English of the KJV version of the Bible

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 01:41:31 AM »
Do you like Archaic Spanish?

Yes, I usually use archaisms in Spanish, and I speak like a Spaniard, not as an Argentinian.
But Archaic English is our identity in Let-be-land. It was chosen because it keeps the pronoun THOU, which is the original singular form. It's a symbol of modesty, since YOU was origunally plural and meant superiority and politeness, that is "politically correctness", something we reject.
Archaic English is almost a National Symbol as the flag, the Anthem, the Coat of Arms (a marble) and the Linden Trees.