Author Topic: Candace Owens shows her true color (black)  (Read 403 times)

Offline Dan Ben Noah

• Full JTFer
Candace Owens shows her true color (black)
« on: November 14, 2023, 09:29:47 PM »
She's anti-Israel because she thinks Muslims are not allowed to live outside the "Muslim quarter" in Jerusalem.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/11/14/woah-ben-shapiro-directly-goes-after-candace-owens-calls-her-disgraceful-n2166339

Is Candace Owens on the way out over at The Daily Wire? I can't answer that question, but if Ben Shapiro's latest commentary is any indication, there's trouble in paradise.

Owens has faced recent criticism for flirting with right-wing antisemites throughout Israel's war against Hamas. For example, in a November 7th interview, she claimed that Israel forces Muslims within its borders to live in "Muslim quarters," using that as supposed evidence of apartheid. In reality, Israeli Muslims have full rights and benefits and can live wherever they want.

Candace Owens legit thought the "Muslim quarter" is where Muslims are permitted to live https://t.co/kEnWFtV9Lp

— Seth Mandel (@SethAMandel) November 7, 2023

More recently, Owens took to her show, claiming that those who support Israel do so because they are being paid off, mimicking an antisemitic trope Rep. Ilhan Omar infamously repeated some years prior. Further, she claimed that support for Israel has "virtually collapsed socially," saying that the pro-Hamas "protests" prove that. In reality, support for Israel remains above a super-majority within the United States.

This is anti-Semitism, by the way.

The idea that money is always behind support for Israel is pure anti-Semitism.

pic.twitter.com/cgulHL7MAz

— Ian Haworth (@ighaworth) November 14, 2023

For context, Owens has a close relationship with Kanye West (or whatever his proper name is now), who had a months-long antisemitic breakdown in late 2022. Her decision to platform and praise Andrew Tate back in July, a proven abuser of women, both physically and emotionally, also said nothing good about her credibility.

Apparently, Shapiro, one of the founders of The Daily Wire and an Orthodox Jew, has had enough. Speaking on Monday evening, he was asked about his host's behavior, and he didn't hold back.

Well here’s a welcome surprise.@benshapiro speaks up, publicly calling out Candace Owens for her too cute by half anti-Semitism as “disgraceful.”

“It's not faux sophistication, it's ridiculous.” pic.twitter.com/WaFyD2fPCb

— Eli Steinberg (@HaMeturgeman) November 14, 2023

SHAPIRO: Yes, the question was about Candace Owens. I think her behavior during this has been disgraceful. Without a doubt.

She still works for my company, and I think she's been absolutely disgraceful. I think that her faux sophistication on these particular issues has been ridiculous. It's not her sophistication. It's ridiculous. Everyone can see the moves that she's making and the things that she's saying, and I find them disreputable.

To say that's shocking is an understatement. As Shapiro mentions, Owens is still a part of his company or was at the time that video was made (we don't know the exact situation as of mid-day Tuesday). Certainly, it is unusual to see that kind of animosity spill out into the open when dealing with a media company.

Is Shapiro wrong for doing so, though? I don't think so because I think you can reasonably expect that he made private attempts at reconciliation prior to finally blasting her in public. Owens has instead doubled down and accelerated her repetition of antisemitic tropes and outright lies about Israel and Hamas.

I know many on the right like Owens. Why they do, aside from simplistic ideas of "owning the libs," I have no idea. If you want a thorough breakdown of some of the issues, be sure to read Kira Davis' excellent critique of Owens, which was published almost four years ago. Davis was way ahead of the curve in understanding what was happening and why it was a problem for the conservative movement.

Regardless, we'll see where this goes. It's hard to see how Owens remaining in a business relationship with Shapiro is sustainable, but that'll be up to The Daily Wire to decide.
Jeremiah 16:19 O Lord, Who are my power and my strength and my refuge in the day of trouble, to You nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Only lies have our fathers handed down to us, emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail!

Zechariah 8:23 So said the Lord of Hosts: In those days, when ten men of all the languages of the nations shall take hold of the skirt of a Jewish man, saying, "Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you."

Offline Judah Katz

• Full JTFer
Re: Candace Owens shows her true color (black)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2023, 11:07:21 AM »
She's a "conservative" token black token women made famous by white guilt republicans during the BLM protest. She'd be a nobody without white guilt giving her a fast raising youtube channel and daily wire seeing $$$$$$ to bring her aboard. When i saw she was buddy buddy friends with West i knew she was a closet Jew hater. Shapiro also saw it, how could he miss it but he's always been a business man first. Maybe 10/7 has changed that for Ben.
The exile is absolute poison. The exile breeds self hatred and also hatred for others. We are making fools of ourselves in the exile and the self hating exile mindset that governs Israel is destroying us and making us the fool among the nations.