Should all tobacco products be banned?

Yes, completely.
4 (50%)
Yes, but only tobacco that is smoked.
0 (0%)
No.
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Should all tobacco products be banned?  (Read 1390 times)

admin

Should all tobacco products be banned?
« on: October 15, 2007, 05:53:54 PM »
I think they should.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
Re: Should all tobacco products be banned?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:37:58 PM »
Personally I would say yes, but I guess it should be allowed in smoker's only areas, such as confined smokers only establishments. 

kellymaureen

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 08:42:16 PM »
Yes, people who will never smoke because there is no tobacco will never miss it....but no one should ever ever suggest banning chocolate.....ever ^-^

Erica

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 08:53:40 PM »
I think they should.

This is ONE thing I'll agree with you on. Second-hand smoke kills more non-smoking people than those that actually smoke. I'm SOO happy I quit. (One cigarrette at 19... had a grandmother with one 1/2 lung remind me of why smoking is bad.)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 09:02:04 PM »
Somebody please answer this question for me, about which I've been losing sleep for weeks:

Ha'Shem created both tobacco plants (which are beautiful), as well as the opium poppy flowers (which are also beautiful).

Scientists have proven that the human brain contains within it both nicotein receptor cells, as well as opioid receptor cells!

Why would G-d have created the plants, and also created human brains
which were designed to respond to the active ingredients in these plants, if He did not intend for mankind to make use of both plants for the active ingredients which they contain?

To me it would only make sense if G-d had invented tobacco and the opium poppy, but had not installed as standard human operating equipment brain cells which produce pleasure when exposed to those plants!

Since mankind is created "right out of the box" capable of enjoying tobacco and opium, isn't that indicative that we were meant to partake of these plants (at least in some capacity)?

Erica

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 09:05:51 PM »
Somebody please answer this question for me, about which I've been losing sleep for weeks:

Ha'Shem created both tobacco plants (which are beautiful), as well as the opium poppy flowers (which are also beautiful).

Scientists have proven that the human brain contains within it both nicotein receptor cells, as well as opioid receptor cells!

Why would G-d have created the plants, and also created human brains
which were designed to respond to the active ingredients in these plants, if He did not intend for mankind to make use of both plants for the active ingredients which they contain?

To me it would only make sense if G-d had invented tobacco and the opium poppy, but had not installed as standard human operating equipment brain cells which produce pleasure when exposed to those plants!

Since mankind is created "right out of the box" capable of enjoying tobacco and opium, isn't that indicative that we were meant to partake of these plants (at least in some capacity)?
Massuhgoodname I don't blame God for creating the plants that are indeed beautiful to look at...I DO blame MAN for coming up with the idea to smoke them to get some kind of high. I'd like to go back in time and push these 'innovators' off of a cliff and onto jagged rocks. But that's just me.  O0

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 09:25:34 PM »
I think that would be a good idea...