Poll

Would you eat another person?

Yes, absolutely.
5 (11.9%)
Yes, but only if it was a life and death situation and the person was already dead.
15 (35.7%)
Yes. I'm sick and tired of Ketucky Fried Chicken. I want Nigerian Fried Peoples.
1 (2.4%)
No.
10 (23.8%)
No, I'm not a schvartza.
11 (26.2%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: Would you eat another person?  (Read 9046 times)

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« on: October 15, 2007, 08:56:04 PM »
If you were stranded and knew you would die if you did not eat?  I ask this because I was recently reminded about that soccer or rugby team that crashed in the Alps (I think) back in the '70s.  They all would have perished if they did not eat their fellow teammates who were killed in the initial plane crash.  Personally, I think I would rather die, though hopefully I will never be faced with such a tragic situation.  Moreover, human meat is not kosher, and I assume it's pretty high in cholesterol. 

kellymaureen

Re: Would you eat another person?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:57:41 PM »
No, I saw the movie about this, it was called Alive....I dont think I could, but I suppose Ive never been faced with a life and death situation, guess you only know for sure if it happens

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 08:58:37 PM »
These questions are getting crazy!  What ar we now Silence of the Lamb? LOL!  :D
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 08:58:42 PM »
It's hard to say what a desperate person is capable of doing but I'd like to think that if I were in that situation, you could start measuring me for a pine box.  I do not think I would resort to canibalism.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

kellymaureen

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 09:01:36 PM »
In the movie they seemed a little delirious from the hunger, were seeing things etc...I think it made them temporarily crazy.

Erica

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 09:03:03 PM »
No, I saw the movie about this, it was called Alive....I dont think I could, but I suppose Ive never been faced with a life and death situation, guess you only know for sure if it happens
Kelly, you said the same thing I was going to say. I remember seeing 'ALIVE" and I think that in dire consequences, I'd have no choice...hoever, I'd wrestle and kill a wild polarbear for fur and food before eating my best friend. lol

kellymaureen

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 09:08:08 PM »
Exactly, there was snow to melt, for water, they were hydrated, but the hunger did make them crazy....i cant recall if there were any animals around.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 09:09:20 PM »
If it ment survival thats a tough call cause I wouldn't want to be someone else's dinner, I don't eat McDonalds cause you do not know what they put in those barf burgers.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 09:16:57 PM »
I choose #2. If its life and death, you have to prevent your own death. (even if you want to die you are commanded to live and have to act accordingly.) It probably would be disgusting but its survival and all kosher issues are put aside since you have to survive.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Erica

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 09:25:33 PM »
If it ment survival thats a tough call cause I wouldn't want to be someone else's dinner, I don't eat McDonalds cause you do not know what they put in those barf burgers.

Probably schvartza meat! ;D

In Israel, someone once said they sell cat meat there. What a stupid affirmative action restaurant.

Could you be more racist?

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 09:35:18 PM »
Yaac, doesn't Pikuach Nefesh override the idea of the impurity of human blood and meat?
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 09:43:13 PM »
Yaac, doesn't Pikuach Nefesh override the idea of the impurity of human blood and meat?

Personal Pikuah Nefesh overides everything except the 3 sins, Adultry, Murder, and Idolatry. Also Making a public Hillul Hashe-m,
 and Milhemet Mitzva but thats for the nation as a whole.
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 09:46:09 PM »
wait did you just watch the movie "Alive"?

i mean, if it meant I had to survive and the person was already dead and there was nothing to eat to survive, I think it would be permitted even to do that...Gd wants us to choose life in these situations...

but it's grim..and Gd forbid we ever be placed in that situation.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 09:53:20 PM »

Personal Pikuah Nefesh overides everything except the 3 sins, Adultry, Murder, and Idolatry. Also Making a public Hillul Hashem,

exactly what i was thinking...except what is Milhemet Mitzva?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 10:04:36 PM »

Personal Pikuah Nefesh overides everything except the 3 sins, Adultry, Murder, and Idolatry. Also Making a public Hillul Hashem,

exactly what i was thinking...except what is Milhemet Mitzva?
A required/obligatory war.
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 10:07:08 PM »
I've heard human taste good in BBQ sauce.

Offline Barnes

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 11:17:54 PM »
Someone from Mexico was accused of eating his girlfriend and maybe a prostitute. The guy was an obsessed fan of Hannibal Lector...Yikes!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7042126.stm

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2007, 12:05:48 AM »
Exactly, there was snow to melt, for water, they were hydrated, but the hunger did make them crazy....i cant recall if there were any animals around.

They were at an 18,000 ft altitude, there is not enough oxygen for plant life to survive, so there won't be any animals either.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:27:56 AM by Vito »

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 12:25:08 AM »
Well, when I was a little child of 11, I began to be vegetarian. My mother was afraid it may be harmful for my health, however the doctor respected my choise and took care not to give me even a medicine that might contain some animal substance.
At that time I was pagan and worshipped the Sun and Nature. My idea was that all beings were good (animals, plants), but humans were evil. So, when my mother insisted that I should eat meat, I always replied, "I'll try to eat if you let me eat the butcher first, why would I eat an innocent cow, and let the butcher alive? He would kill me if I were a cow!"
At that time I had my own garden, several palms trees b/c I sympathised with African cannibals, and Sunflowers b/c The Sun would protect my garden in case of a storm, and he wouldn't let his flower to be destroyed.
Now that I have known Hashem, I wouldn't eat human meat. But if it is a life death situation and Torah commands it for Pikuach Nefesh.......May HaShem never put me in that situation.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 01:58:34 AM »
I would absolutely eat a person if I was caught in a life or death situation.  I wouldn't hesitate at all, survival trumps nearly everything for me.  Except killing an innocent person, I don't think I would kill an innocent person if in that situation, but it's hard to tell what I would do.  If it was a retarded or person of less worth than I think I'm worth, I would probably kill that person.  I know that sounds awful, but I think that's what I would do and most people would do the same. 

What about killing a Muslim if you had to do so to survive?  I wouldn't hesitate to kill a Muslim to save my life, or even a few of them.  Maybe that's a huge sin as well, but I would still do it. 

To our Torah scholars, is there anything written about whether it would be ok to murder someone to save your life if the person you would be murdering is an enemy of the Jewish people, or isn't entirely "innocent."
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 02:47:58 AM »
I would absolutely eat a person if I was caught in a life or death situation.  I wouldn't hesitate at all, survival trumps nearly everything for me.  Except killing an innocent person, I don't think I would kill an innocent person if in that situation, but it's hard to tell what I would do.  If it was a retarded or person of less worth than I think I'm worth, I would probably kill that person.  I know that sounds awful, but I think that's what I would do and most people would do the same. 

What about killing a Muslim if you had to do so to survive?  I wouldn't hesitate to kill a Muslim to save my life, or even a few of them.  Maybe that's a huge sin as well, but I would still do it. 

To our Torah scholars, is there anything written about whether it would be ok to murder someone to save your life if the person you would be murdering is an enemy of the Jewish people, or isn't entirely "innocent."

You want to eat muslim meat? Yikes! think all those germs and parasites those pisslamic animals carry. ::)
I don't know for sure what i woud do in those kind of situation; but I think they're things more important than physicall survivall; and civilised people from west shuld have more dignity and higher moral standarts  than bunch of szwartzas from Kongo or Papua New Guinea; so i voted last option. :-\ 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

newman

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2007, 08:13:55 AM »
In a life or death situation I sure would, but I'd kill & eat those with the lowest IQs first..............so look out shvartzas & arabs.

newman

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 08:15:20 AM »
Kelly, you said the same thing I was going to say. I remember seeing 'ALIVE" and I think that in dire consequences, I'd have no choice...hoever, I'd wrestle and kill a wild polarbear for fur and food before eating my best friend. lol

Erica, you'd eat a human in an instant!

It's in your blood!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 08:19:57 AM »
I wouldn't eat a dead person if they didn't give me permission to do so after they died...and i would hope the same if I were to die before them...

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2007, 12:18:08 PM »

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? WHAT KIND OF STUPID QUESTION IS THAT? IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE?
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!