Author Topic: TB Infected Mexican Was Able to Cross U.S. Border 76 Times  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
TB Infected Mexican Was Able to Cross U.S. Border 76 Times
« on: October 18, 2007, 12:45:22 PM »
When will this madness stop?  I think people's lives are more important than political correctness, and hurting the *feelings* of some illegal alien.  Check this out:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071018/NATION/110180087/1001

kellymaureen

Re: TB Infected Mexican Was Able to Cross U.S. Border 76 Times
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 12:56:05 PM »
Because our border guards, forced into political correctness, are too busy shaking down little old white ladies in wheelchairs to show how "progressive" we are and we do not profile.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 12:59:05 PM »
Exactly!

And the ones who do their jobs are thrown in jail, as was the case with agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean. 

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 01:18:08 PM »
It's only when it hits home that people will be outraged.
When a large group of people come down with this near untreatable form of TB - then they will start to howl.
Most people don't care though until they are affected personally.

As a nation we should have been up in arms over the treatment of those poor border guards.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 01:58:30 PM »
TB is such a danger to us because people from the poorest areas of Mexico and other like countries (ie Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador etc...) are infested. It's also a danger to our schools. Immigrant children and children of immigrants get them from their rather large families, usually many of them sleeping in the same rooms, may living in the same house, as TB is passed to each other.
Once in schools (and being that many public schools are composed by a mass of these children) they pass TB to other kids, namely non-immigrant children. I know someone who got a positive TB result after he worked as a tutor for a public school that was mostly of latino students. Also, he gave it to his younger sister. Luckily, even if their result was positive, it was dormant and not dangerous to them; they never suffered from it.
But this is a danger we have to watch out for...or at least...private or school schools
It is a danger to them unless they are treated - prophylactically - for it.
It remains dormant in their body.  It can activate at a later time - say they are immunosupressed.
Yet - the medication for treatment is very harsh.  It is a bit of a problem.
I know a very good  infectious disease doctor and she believes in treating the positive PPD.  Make sure they consult a good infectious disease doctor.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 01:59:52 PM »
You're so right that this is a danger we have to be vigilant about!

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »
Oh yes, they got the 6 month treatment just to be sure. Strange thing though, she got a job recently at a public school as a tutor. Well, she quit later, the school was in a BAD neighborhood and about 90% of the students were Spanish speaking Latino children. They were very behind, actually extremely, only a few were on track withtheir studies etc...And with a lot of them out of control as she said, she could no longer take it and left.
Well, although she had the TB treatment and got an X-ray done to prove she was ok, for some reason  I saw her and she told me she was feeling a bit sick the first week of working with them. She was coughing a lot! But if she got the treatment, I don't think the TB could become active, at least I hope!?
Great that they got treatment!  I think it is easier to take when you are well.
It probably wasn't related to that - but I can see that it would constantly be on your mind - and you would be worried.
My daughter is sitting across from a little boy from El Salvador in school and the thought crossed my mind a few times.  It is really scary!

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 07:12:09 PM »
I spent 6 months on the La frontera and I can tell you Its an open border.IT'S Catch and release.ItS so sad and besides there are muslIms coming across  the border.ONE border Agent showed us the pass port of one they had just caught.HE had traveled the world by plane so why was he crossing the border this way?GO Figure! >:(

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 07:46:29 PM »
Yea Mills ,Because they can pass for them but we are fortunate ,most border agents are Mexicans and AT least they despise muslims as much as us .TO their credit! ;) O0

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 07:57:07 PM »
YUP! ;)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 08:00:41 PM »
This is why legal immigration is so important. Years ago places like Ellis Island were set up just for reasons like this. When they processed folks through there they gave them a medical exam. If they  were sick they either stayed there until they were better or were sent back their point of origin. I guess the great job medical science did back then here in America eradicating diseases like TB have made Americans complacent about the spread of this type of sickness. The way we are going all the good work done back then will shortly be undone.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 08:21:18 PM »
BTW>NOT To be too politically incorrect,BUT the true Latinos are us Italians.They are just little indians pretending to be like us because they speak a language that comes from our people..Trust me there is a BIG difference! ;)
wayne jude

Offline ash

• New JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2007, 09:44:40 PM »
They can't even speak the language right, being forced to learn there crap spanish i can now only communicate with stupid people, and i hate the fact that i had to learn there babel.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2007, 09:54:52 PM »
Are you Jewish Ash?