Author Topic: You opinion about the Zealots in the Great rebelion of 66-70 CE  (Read 3472 times)

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
You opinion about the Zealots in the Great rebelion of 66-70 CE
« on: January 16, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »
I think that only because of them we lost in our rebelion against the Romens, without those crazy blind people we might won the Romens.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: You opinion about the Zealots in the Great rebelion of 66-70 CE
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 10:13:46 PM »
R' Kahane discussed this in one of his speeches.  He said something like originally the Zealots had a valid Torah argument for trying to launch a preemptive war with evil Rome but then they went crazy and starting murdering Jews who didn't agree with them and other crazy things.  I agree with what you said. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 04:45:55 AM »
Zealots were blinded fanatics who hated other Jews more than Romans. That's why Insurection failed half of Jews fought for the Romans becouse they feared zealots more.
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 11:53:09 AM »
Zealots were blinded fanatics who hated other Jews more than Romans. That's why Insurection failed half of Jews fought for the Romans becouse they feared zealots more.
No Jews fought for the Romans but only few. The Jews out of Jerusalem after the Zealots under the commend of Yochanan from Gush Chalev took the control under Jerusalem were or killed, enslaved or just were homlesses people who most of their family died and their wemon raped.
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 12:18:15 PM »
We as a matter of fact lost against the Roman empire too.
that's why i used Ambiorix as my screenname.

He was a tribe leader, that killed a roman legion in a surprise attack, after giving them his oath, of protecting them against the other Gaul tribes.

Ambiorix' tribe was slaughtered to the last child.
Ambiorix himself was the only one who did escape Caesar's revenge.
He is our national hero, for not surrendering to the Romans.

You see , the Jews and the "barbarians" up here in the north of Europe,
 have more in common than we sometimes think!
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 04:06:37 PM »
Are you talking about the people who committed suicide on Masada?

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 04:11:26 PM »
No, I am talking about the Sicricis, Shim'on Bar Giora and Yochanan From Gush Chalev.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 04:20:10 PM »
No, I am talking about the Sicricis, Shim'on Bar Giora and Yochanan From Gush Chalev.
Oh sorry, I didn't read the topic correctly...

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D