Author Topic: Geert Wilders speech to the Hudson Inst  (Read 633 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Geert Wilders speech to the Hudson Inst
« on: October 08, 2008, 11:05:51 AM »
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/Read.aspx?GUID=12D0C037-ABB0-44A6-8E5B-22922484FD4D       

For full article click link on top of page

Patriotic parties that oppose jihad are growing, against all odds. My own party debuted two years ago, with five percent of the vote. Now it stands at ten percent in the polls. The same is true of all similarly-minded parties in Europe. They are gaining a foothold in the political arena, one voter at a time.

Now, for the first time, these patriotic parties will come together and exchange experiences. It may be the start of something big, something that might change the map of Europe for decades to come. It might also be Europe's last chance.

This December a conference will take place in Jerusalem. Thanks to Professor Aryeh Eldad, a member of Knesset, we will be able to watch “Fitna” in the Knesset building and discuss the jihad. We are organizing this event in Israel to emphasize the fact that we are all in the same boat together, and that Israel is part of our common heritage. Those attending will be a select audience. No racist organizations will be allowed. And we will only admit parties that are solidly democratic.

This conference will be the start of an Alliance of European patriots. This Alliance will serve as the backbone for all organizations and political parties that oppose jihad and Islamization. For this Alliance I seek your support.

This endeavor may be crucial to America and to the West. America may hold fast to the dream that, thanks to its location, it is safe from jihad and Sharia. But seven years ago to the day, there was still smoke rising from ground zero, following the attacks that forever shattered that dream. Yet there is a danger even greater than terrorist attacks, the scenario of America as the last man standing. The lights may go out in Europe faster than you can imagine. An Islamic Europe means a Europe without freedom and democracy, an economic wasteland, an intellectual nightmare, and a loss of military might for America - as its allies will turn into enemies, enemies with atomic bombs. With an Islamic Europe, it would be up to America alone to preserve the heritage of Rome, Athens and Jerusalem.

Dear friends, liberty is the most precious of gifts. My generation never had to fight for this freedom; it was offered to us on a silver platter by people who fought for it with their lives. All throughout Europe American cemeteries remind us of the young boys who never made it home, and whose memory we cherish. My generation does not own this freedom; we are merely its custodians. We can only hand over this hard won liberty to Europe's children in the same state in which it was offered to us. We cannot strike a deal with mullahs and imams. Future generations would never forgive us. We cannot squander our liberties. We simply do not have the right to do so.

This is not the first time our civilization is under threat. We have seen dangers before. We have been betrayed by our elites before. They have sided with our enemies before. And yet, then, freedom prevailed.

These are not times in which to take lessons from appeasement, capitulation, giving away, giving up or giving in. These are not times in which to draw lessons from Mr. Chamberlain. These are times calling us to draw lessons from Mr. Churchill and the words he spoke in 1942:

"Never give in, never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy."
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
Re: Geert Wilders speech to the Hudson Inst
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 11:33:35 AM »
I wish I knew about it, I would have gone there to see him. Awesome speech!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 11:37:30 AM »
HE IS ONE OF THE ONLY PEOPLE STANDING UP TO ISLAM IN EUROPE
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 11:41:02 AM »

Yes he is really one of a kind. I e-mailed his office a while ago praising him.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 11:42:30 AM »

Yes he is really one of a kind. I e-mailed his office a while ago praising him.
MAYBE  JTF CAN JOIN THIS CONFRENCE

Shot at 2010-01-03