Author Topic: We are OBLIGATED to curse self-hating Jewish traitors  (Read 24797 times)

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
Re: We are OBLIGATED to curse self-hating Jewish traitors
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2009, 09:34:22 PM »
Cursing should be reserved for those who are truly deserving of it. MOSLEMS, NAZIS and Radical LIBERALS who are creating a mess Worldwide.

Might I make a suggestion...let us use the word DEMON or DEMONS. That is what we are dealing with after all.

WW3 in my opinion has started already, and since Satan is behind this, we should describe those who help Satan with the proper term
of Demons.

I don't want to see anyone fighting on this forum, our enemies enjoy that.

P.S. I hope no one uses the word kike or goy again.     

Shalom & G-d bless - Dox

dox,

Please tell me you don't believe in the devil! Jews do not believe that Satan is a fallen angel or anything like that. Satan is the hand of Hashem set against the Jewish people because of their iniquity. Whenever something evil happens it is Hashem sending us a message to return to Torah. This is the pure Jewish belief in the Prosecutor in heaven. The Devil is a non-Jewish idea...

SHEMA YISRAEL HASHEM ELOKAYNU,HASHEM ECHAD!

There is only ONE force in the universe and all other forces are subservient to Hashem. No Devil can destroy Hashems plan, EVER!

Muman, you are misinterperting what I mean to say, honestly. What happend in the Holocaust? Can you honestly tell me that Satan was not involved in the brutal torture and murder of our Six Million people? Can you honestly say that Satan is not ruling Islam and it's followers?  What kind of human beings can commit such autrocities? Satan does exist, the Chistians call him the Devil, I refer to him as Satan. G-d created Satan and for the likes of me I don't know why nor am I supposed to know. G-d has his reasons for doing things, and of course we are not suppose to question that.
In my opinion, a normal human cannot commit such crimes as they did in the Holocaust, and the types of crimes the Moslems are commiting today.
Satan is evil and that you would not dispute.... so is it so hard for you to understand that Satan can influence people? If Satan influences people I do refer to them as demons because they are following him. I am Jewish like you Muman, a born Jew and I do not have the level, or even close to it in Jewish education that you have. I hope you did not assume I knew as much about Judaism as you, to the contrary you may consider me an uneducated Jew because I have not studied like you. My life is different, much different than yours, but the fact remains I was born Jewish and will die Jewish.

You mentioned that Satan cannot destroy Hashem, I have know this my entire life. Why was it necessary for you to point that out to me? Unless you were just making a comment unrelated to anything I said.

Back to Satan, like I said before I don't know why G-d created it, but I do firmly believe that Satan does influence people therefore I intend to use the term Demons to describe Nazis, Moslems and radical Liberals who do evil acts. If I was Orthodox, perhaps I may words things differently as you do.
I have always respected your opinions, even if they differ from mine, I expect the same consideration back. Remember, not all of us have had the same upbringing in regards to the level of Observance and Torah knowledge. Not everyone is as educated as you so therefore do not make assumptions about what one thinks due to the words used to describe a certain subject. If people are evil, I would like to be able to call them Demons.

Shalom & G-d bless - Dox 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2009, 09:40:42 PM »
<snip>

Muman, you are misinterperting what I mean to say, honestly. What happend in the Holocaust? Can you honestly tell me that Satan was not involved in the brutal torture and murder of our Six Million people? Can you honestly say that Satan is not ruling Islam and it's followers?  What kind of human beings can commit such autrocities? Satan does exist, the Chistians call him the Devil, I refer to him as Satan. G-d created Satan and for the likes of me I don't know why nor am I supposed to know. G-d has his reasons for doing things, and of course we are not suppose to question that.
In my opinion, a normal human cannot commit such crimes as they did in the Holocaust, and the types of crimes the Moslems are commiting today.
Satan is evil and that you would not dispute.... so is it so hard for you to understand that Satan can influence people? If Satan influences people I do refer to them as demons because they are following him. I am Jewish like you Muman, a born Jew and I do not have the level, or even close to it in Jewish education that you have. I hope you did not assume I knew as much about Judaism as you, to the contrary you may consider me an uneducated Jew because I have not studied like you. My life is different, much different than yours, but the fact remains I was born Jewish and will die Jewish.

You mentioned that Satan cannot destroy Hashem, I have know this my entire life. Why was it necessary for you to point that out to me? Unless you were just making a comment unrelated to anything I said.

Back to Satan, like I said before I don't know why G-d created it, but I do firmly believe that Satan does influence people therefore I intend to use the term Demons to describe Nazis, Moslems and radical Liberals who do evil acts. If I was Orthodox, perhaps I may words things differently as you do.
I have always respected your opinions, even if they differ from mine, I expect the same consideration back. Remember, not all of us have had the same upbringing in regards to the level of Observance and Torah knowledge. Not everyone is as educated as you so therefore do not make assumptions about what one thinks due to the words used to describe a certain subject. If people are evil, I would like to be able to call them Demons.

Shalom & G-d bless - Dox 

I understand what you are saying... I am just writing this because I see many people think that Hashem is fighting against the force of darkness. I have long tried to explain that Satan is a creation of Hashems and is doing its job.

Why did Hashem create the Egyptian people who would use Jewish babies as mortar in their buildings? Why would Hashem allow the king of Persia to put a decree out that he would kill all the Jews in the world? The reason in each case is because the Satan is working for Hashem to bring the Jews back {through Teshuva}. This is how I see this struggle.

My brother was killed by the forces of evil in the world. I even am OK with knowing that Hashem did it to wake me up, and in doing so he has inspired me to learn, and to teach. I hope that we can bring more light into the world because the only thing which evil cannot stand up to is the light of Hashem.

I do not judge you, and I dont feel above you... We are all seekers of truth and I would like to share what I have learned, with sources, with everyone.

PS: I hope that every Jew has a mitzvah laden Purim this week... I am expecting to go to a Schlock Rock concert in San Francisco Sunday night... Megillah reading Monday night, I am taking all Tuesday off so I can hear the Megillah again on Tuesday... Also remember that Monday is the Fast of Esther.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2009, 09:43:49 PM »
Muman, Satan definitely does exist. The book of Job clearly attests to Lucifer's activity in the world. It is true that he only can do what G-d allows him to, but he definitely is present among us.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
Muman, Satan definitely does exist. The book of Job clearly attests to Lucifer's activity in the world. It is true that he only can do what G-d allows him to, but he definitely is present among us.

Lucifer is a Christian mistranslation and this is very well known... Yes, the Yetzer Hara is a part of every mans spirit... The Yetzer Hara is our own personal Satan... This differs from your Christian understanding and I dont expect you to learn...

Non-Jews are entitled to beleive anything they want about the nature of Hashem and Earth... But Jews should learn what our holy scriptures say about it and not parrot what Christians believe.

Satan is a creation of Hashems, created to test humans with free will... This is clear, un-debatable, Jewish belief.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2009, 09:48:48 PM »
                                                                                                                                                                            בס''ד

There is something that has bothered me for a long time: We have some members who are under the impression that we are forbidden to curse even self-hating Jewish traitors because they are "our fellow Jews".

Not only are we obligated to curse them, we are actually obligated to kill them. But we in JTF are so moderate and so law-abiding that we do not kill these traitors even though under Torah law, that is our obligation. We JTFers are simply too moderate and too law-abiding to do such a thing........

Jews who seek to harm their own people bezadon (intentionally), or who support their people's enemies, or who endanger Jewish lives (rodfim) - these Jews are supposed to be cursed, and are supposed to be killed. We JTFers happen to be too moderate to do this, but this is Torah law.......

Until Jewish traitors fear for their lives, the Jewish people will always face grave perils.

I really don't want to get involved in the in-fighting going on here. However, I would like to discuss Chaim's original post, parts of which are quoted above.

In his original post Chaim makes it clear we are obligated to curse Jewish traitors. More than that, according to Torah law we are obligated to kill them. It is only our moderation and being law abiding that prevents us from doing so.

After reading the original post, I asked Chaim what he was suggesting and then added it might be prudent to clarify that, of course, he isn't advocating JTF members kill Jewish traitors.

Although Chaim didn't directly respond to me, I notice there is no longer any talk of an obligation to kill Jewish traitors in this thread.

What I would like to know is where in the Torah are we commanded to kill Jewish traitors. If I'm reading the portion of the Shmona Esrai that Chaim sited correctly, we pray to G-d to smash and obliterate our traitors and informers. We don't do it ourselves. Chaim also gave examples where Moses ordered the death of those who built the golden calf, and also the killing of someone who had an affair with a woman from an enemy nation. Does this mean we, today, are obligated to kill such people ?  My guess is probably not. After all, the members of this forum (Jew and non-Jew alike) live in nations and societies where Torah law is superceded by national laws where killing is concerned. But what about an Israel that was strictly Torah observant ??

As a secular Jew this concerns me. Could I be killed for eating a bacon sandwich or driving on Shabbat or having sex with a Gentile woman ?  Who or what determines what behaviors are over the line traitorous and worthy of the death penalty ? 

Perhaps Chaim and some of the more educated members of this forum can answer these questions and concerns.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2009, 09:52:34 PM »
<snip>

I really don't want to get involved in the in-fighting going on here. However, I would like to discuss Chaim's original post, parts of which are quoted above.

In his original post Chaim makes it clear we are obligated to curse Jewish traitors. More than that, according to Torah law we are obligated to kill them. It is only our moderation and being law abiding that prevents us from doing so.

After reading the original post, I asked Chaim what he was suggesting and then added it might be prudent to clarify that, of course, he isn't advocating JTF members kill Jewish traitors.

Although Chaim didn't directly respond to me, I notice there is no longer any talk of an obligation to kill Jewish traitors in this thread.

What I would like to know is where in the Torah are we commanded to kill Jewish traitors. If I'm reading the portion of the Shmona Esrai that Chaim sited correctly, we pray to G-d to smash and obliterate our traitors and informers. We don't do it ourselves. Chaim also gave examples where Moses ordered the death of those who built the golden calf, and also the killing of someone who had an affair with a woman from an enemy nation. Does this mean we, today, are obligated to kill such people ?  My guess is probably not. After all, the members of this forum (Jew and non-Jew alike) live in nations and societies where Torah law is superceded by national laws where killing is concerned. But what about an Israel that was strictly Torah observant ??

As a secular Jew this concerns me. Could I be killed for eating a bacon sandwich or driving on Shabbat or having sex with a Gentile woman ?  Who or what determines what behaviors are over the line traitorous and worthy of the death penalty ? 

Perhaps Chaim and some of the more educated members of this forum can answer these questions and concerns.

The Torah says that we should despise evil and remove it from our midst. This means to carry out the death penalty on those who transgress the law. Yes, the Shabbat desecrator would be executed along with the homosexual... When Moshiach comes we will be living a life of Torah because all evil will cease to exist. The Torah lists 613 Commands {Mitzvahs} which the Jewish people must keep.

I understand this but as you said, Hashem is the one who will punish the evildoer in most cases. Hashem wants to see righteous zealotry when his name is desecrated, as in the story of Pinchas. But my understanding was that Moshe was confused and forgot the law which is why Pinchas who remembered the law was justified in carrying out the death sentence. Also the transgression was in front of the entire Jewish nation which was a big insult to Hashem and to Moshe his servant. They fornicated right in front of Moshes tent.... Such Chutzpah, they both deserved immediate death and Pinchas ran them through with a single spear, lifted them up for all to see...

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2009, 09:53:10 PM »
"You get hysterical when CF says something about evil Jews"

Rav Ovadia Yosef Shlita is evil? The many other Jews he regularly insults are evil? And you call him righteous after that?

"You actually posted that we in JTF were the guilty party. "

No I didn't. I basically said that people shouldn't post their pics on myspace and then complain (I was referring about 1 hysterical member from this forum).  You should not accept the lashon hara agains't me that I know is constantly sent to you by cf and dwi.

" Tina Greco"

I said she was a nazi. I think she is banned, I dont know or see her.

"Kelly Scott"

The only thing I know about her is that she is some blond lady. I don't know who she is really.

"If that is true, then a fellow Jew wrote something to you in confidence and you are betraying his confidence. What an ugly thing to do! I can guarantee you that what you are doing is a very serious sin. You are someone who can never be trusted."

He gave me permission, and publicly dared me to post it, and so I did. It was all with his permission and his big mouth.

"As a fellow Jew, I urge you to consider your actions and to do tshuva. And the only real tshuva is to request forgiveness from the people you have wronged."

From those that I truly have wronged, I will ask for forgiveness.

Tzvi, you can fool other people and you can even fool yourself, but you can't fool Hashem. If you truly have yirat shamayim, think about how the yetzer harah has gotten you to do bad things.

You publicly threatened DWI. Only after your public threat, when his back was against the wall did he say, "go ahead and reveal it". Do you think Hashem approves of this type of public betrayal of a fellow Jew?

As for HaRav Ovadia, CF was not brought up with Jewish concepts. He was not raised to understand that it is forbidden to curse a Torah scholar, G-d forbid. CF sincerely loves and cares about Israel and he understands that the future of the whole world is tied to the future of Israel. So he feels angered and betrayed when HaRav Ovadia orders Shas to support surrendering Jewish land. Or when HaRav Ovadia ordered Shas to support the Oslo government of Rabin and Peres ys''v. Or when HaRav Ovadia ordered Shas to support the horrific government of Ehud Smolmert. Or when HaRav Ovadia's Shas party supported inviting the Arab Hitler Yasser Arafat and 80,000 armed PLO-Fatah terrorists into the Land of Israel while they were expelling me (I was expelled by the Shas Interior Minister Eli Suissa). To CF, these decisions are evil.

I also consider these decisions to be evil, but we cannot permit the cursing of Torah scholars. Because that will lead to contempt for the Torah itself, G-d forbid. CF (and DWI) have stopped doing this after I explained to them that we are a Torah movement, and in a Torah movement, there can be legitimate disagreement and criticism but no cursing of Torah scholars.

CF and DWI are righteous because they genuinely love the Jewish people and the Land of Israel. They genuinely want to help. That desire makes them righteous.

First of all chaim, thank you so much for your repeated support. I still remember the day when I first saw you on QPTV at the age of 16. I knew right away that you were the only hope the jewish people had and that still stands. You are absolutely right about the incident with ben roshel. He twisted and edited statements that I made in the past and used things that other people wrote to him and attributed it to me with simple editing. This is a religious jew? Chaim, are you aware that ben roshel praised "mills" on the splinter recently and supports her even after he knows that she was appointed chief moderator on this forum by that puts yet didn;t even log on for months. Can you imagine that he supports a whore like that who has been writing savage things about you and jtf on the evil splinter? I agree with every word you have written in that post  Chaim. You accurately pointed out that Roshel thought it was funny that greco posted my picture on numerous nazi sites. She also posted lubabs home address and he is a married man with children. Roshel, do you not realize that this persons life was in danger not to mention his wife and kids? Is it that you wanted him killed simply because you hate lubavitchers and lubab is from chabad?

And as far as what roshel is accusing me of sending him, he is lying and twisting things to hurt the forum and try to break up friendships developed here. lets say I did send something to roshel attacking gentiles(which i did not) he should of kept it private for the good of the forum since he knows chaim wants to work with righteous gentiles. Instead he tried to break up my friendship with CF by fabricating a shas style distortion about my comments about gentiles. I have been on this forum for years now, I think everyone with a brain would realize that I would be the last one to write a stupid message like that attacking gentiles. It is obvious from roshels lie about cf removing the "dwi fan" avatar that he has fabricated everything. Chaim, he has done this to try and destroy the forum(which he will never be able to do).
It should also be noted that he makes an effort to destroy the forum everytime he attacks "goyim" and bashes "yoshka."

Your support of me in this matter chaim, means everything to me. I wish I had lots of gelt to donate to jtf but unfortunately I am a student and dont have loads of extra bucks to throw around. Roshel on the other hand said that out of principle, he would not donate to jtf even if he had the bucks. He said that like a year ago so long time members may remember.

Chaim, I hope you find a beautiful wife, have lots of children and get into Israel to save us all. You are a true tzaddik and for roshel to say "he doesnt want to get involved between you and guzzy" proves what an evil animal he is. Anyone sane knows that you are the only person who really put your money where your mouth was and sat in real prison for years simply because of your love for your fellow jew. Guzzy is not worth of even cutting your toenails for you. Unlike roshel, I have always supported you Chaim and I always will.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2009, 10:02:23 PM »
Chaim, I cannot thank you enough for supporting me. G-d willing, I will one day have the money to give to jtf and enable it to become a mass movement. JTF is the only true tzeddakah bacause it can literally save the entire righteous world.

Chaim, these posts of yours here are so helpful because you have proved that the people who constantly attack me and CF have no idea what the hell they are talking about. I have stopped using profanIty etc.. when speaking about  ROY but still the same person or two goes bezerk anytime we question some of the Rabbis evil actions. To throw you out of Israel while he was patting arafats back certainly makes him worthy of questioning. Maybe now the righteous gentile zionist chaimfa will finally be able to post here without the same people bashing him.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2009, 10:02:37 PM »
<snip>

Shalom & G-d bless - Dox 

I understand what you are saying... I am just writing this because I see many people think that Hashem is fighting against the force of darkness. I have long tried to explain that Satan is a creation of Hashems and is doing its job.

Why did Hashem create the Egyptian people who would use Jewish babies as mortar in their buildings? Why would Hashem allow the king of Persia to put a decree out that he would kill all the Jews in the world? The reason in each case is because the Satan is working for Hashem to bring the Jews back {through Teshuva}. This is how I see this struggle.

My brother was killed by the forces of evil in the world. I even am OK with knowing that Hashem did it to wake me up, and in doing so he has inspired me to learn, and to teach. I hope that we can bring more light into the world because the only thing which evil cannot stand up to is the light of Hashem.

I do not judge you, and I dont feel above you... We are all seekers of truth and I would like to share what I have learned, with sources, with everyone.

PS: I hope that every Jew has a mitzvah laden Purim this week... I am expecting to go to a Schlock Rock concert in San Francisco Sunday night... Megillah reading Monday night, I am taking all Tuesday off so I can hear the Megillah again on Tuesday... Also remember that Monday is the Fast of Esther.

Ok that is fine. Now back to the Satan theory, I have to disagree even though your are far more observant than I and your knowledge of Judaism is much greater than mine. I love G-d and I think G-d is perfect but I disagree about G-d wanting satan to do these things. My opinion is this; G-d told Satan he could have those that follow him. Just because G-d gave permission to Satan to keep those that follow him, does not necessarily mean G-d is punishing
the innocent. The innocent are victims of Satan and his followers. G-d is perfect therefore torturing and killing innocent people is not G-d's cup of tea..so to speak. I hope you understand my idea. Again, G-d loves the innocents of this world, Jewish or not. G-d did give man free will and any sufferings of the innocents ( in my opinion ) are a direct result of Satan and those who follow his ways. Satan is extremely jealous of G-d, therefore he tries to upset G-d by harming the innocent.

P.S. You type fast reply's.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2009, 10:03:38 PM »
<snip>

Shalom & G-d bless - Dox 

Ok that is fine. Now back to the Satan theory, I have to disagree even though your are far more observant than I and your knowledge of Judaism is much greater than mine. I love G-d and I think G-d is perfect but I disagree about G-d wanting satan to do these things. My opinion is this; G-d told Satan he could have those that follow him. Just because G-d gave permission to Satan to keep those that follow him, does not necessarily mean G-d is punishing
the innocent. The innocent are victims of Satan and his followers. G-d is perfect therefore torturing and killing innocent people is not G-d's cup of tea..so to speak. I hope you understand my idea. Again, G-d loves the innocents of this world, Jewish or not. G-d did give man free will and any sufferings of the innocents ( in my opinion ) are a direct result of Satan and those who follow his ways. Satan is extremely jealous of G-d, therefore he tries to upset G-d by harming the innocent.

Im sorry but this sounds like Dualism to me...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2009, 10:04:32 PM »
Muman, regardless of the differences in our theology we do share the same Tanach. Please interpret Job 1:6-12 for me. Yes the Christian understanding of Satan differs from the Jewish, but we both believe he exists.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2009, 10:09:17 PM »
Muman, regardless of the differences in our theology we do share the same Tanach. Please interpret Job 1:6-12 for me. Yes the Christian understanding of Satan differs from the Jewish, but we both believe he exists.

Satan is an angel, just like Michael is an angel... Actually Michael and Satan are two of the three in the heavenly tribunal... Michael is the defense attorney and Satan is the prosecuting attorney. Jewish belief is that Satan is doing Hashems wishes in testing humanity. Christianity believes Satan is in a struggle with Hashem to control the world. Judaism believes that Hashem is in control of the world and will prevail when humanity sees his glory. Freewill is the battleground which good vs evil is fought. Everyone, Jew and non-Jew alike, struggle with two inclinations... The Yetzer Tov {good inclination} and the Yetzer Hara {Evil Inclination}... It is this evil inclination which is the spiritual manifestation of the Satan, we are our own prosecutors {most of the time}. Other manifestations of Satan may be illnessess, job loss, depression, etc...

There is very little similarity between our belief regarding Satan. We don't believe in eternal damnation in hell {only 1 year in gehinnom MAX} and we don't believe that the prosecutor can do anything which is against Hashems wishes. I don't want to argue theology here... I just wanted to clarify that Jewish belief is Monotheistic and discussion of a struggle between Hashem and the Evil One smacks of Dualism {Zoroastorianism}.

Any Jew reading this should ask this question to his/her Rabbi... I am sure they will answer with what I have said...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2009, 10:11:43 PM »
Muman, neither Elizabeth nor Christians believe that the devil is a force of equal and opposite power as G-d. I don't know exactly what Dox believes, but the Christian understanding is that since G-d gave all intelligent beings the gift of free will, all intelligent beings are free to choose good and evil. Satan, or Lucifer, chose evil. Yes, it is ultimately true that he only does what G-d permits him to, and that he has no ultimate power whatsoever in the universe besides to tempt people (which they can choose to reject), but he thinks, in his supreme arrogance, that he can take on his creator. G-d allows sin to reign in this world at present because he would rather that beings choose of their own free will to worship and serve him, even if it is just a few, rather have seven billion human robots who have no choice but to do those things--and also because he is a longsuffering, merciful L-rd who gives his creation countless chances to repent.

I know that is not the Jewish view of Satan but I had to demonstrate to you that we aren't dualists.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »
By the way, I think it's very clear to everyone that the animal tzvi ben roshel fabricated what I said simply to harm gentile-jewish relations on this forum. Chaim supporting me here has confirmed this.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2009, 10:14:41 PM »
http://www.breslev.co.il/articles/torah_portion/rabbi_winstons_window/this_is_only_a_test_parshat_vayetze.aspx?id=10700&language=english

"

SEUDAH SHLISHIT:

Ya'akov went on his way, and angels of G-d met him. When he saw them, Ya'akov said, "This is an encampment of G-d." So he called the place "Machanaim." (Bereishis 32:2-3)

In fact, says the Maharal, the whole episode is just a metaphor. In fact, Shlomo HaMelech never really left the palace and wandered from door-to-door as a beggar. Rather, his new behavior after being bested by Ashmedai caused him to appear as if he was a demonic imposter who had taken the throne from the real king. Only after the Sanhedrin re-endowed him with a ring and new chain and rallied around him, did the "old" Shlomo have the ability to fight off the forces of evil that had overcome him.

It was not an easy task, returning from the brink of spiritual annihilation. Many have gone the same route and have never returned. Instead, as they spiritually dissolve their perspective on life and Torah, they lose their ability to even understand why they ever believed in Torah in the first place. On the contrary, they assume that they have just gained intellectual clarity, not that they have lost it.

Not everyone is Shlomo HaMelech, the wisest man to ever have lived, and not everyone has the Sanhedrin to help them return to spiritual clarity. And even then, it is questionable whether or not he ever fully regained his entire kingdom. Furthermore, the Talmud says that Shlomo HaMelech lived in fear of Ashmedai for the rest of his life - a clear sign of the lasting impact that his brush with spiritual death left on him, and the demon that brought it about?

Demon? Do Torah Jews believe in demons? In Hebrew they have other names, such as Shaidim or Mazikin, but a demon by any other name is still a demon. However, unlike other views of such Heavenly beings, the Torah perspective sees them as servants of G-d just as much as good angels are. They work for G-d, and quite obediently for that matter, and can never challenge Him or go against His will, no matter how much it looks to the contrary. G-d is not at war with them and they are not at war with G-d.

Perhaps the best example of this is the Sitra Achra, often referred to as the Satan, which the Talmud also calls the Angel of Death and the Yetzer Hara, the evil inclination (Bava Basra 16a). But how can one being be so many things at one time? The answer is that he cannot; he is each thing at different times.

For example, in order to test a person's spiritual resolve, he starts off as the Yetzer Hara, the inclination to do evil. As the Yetzer Hara, like the Original Snake in the Garden of Eden, he creates an option to go against the will of G-d, in order to provide the person with free-will choice. Then the person has to decide what he will do, and to which voice he will listen, his own or that of his evil inclination.

After the choice is made, and especially if the person chooses to sin, the Satan quickly removes his hat as he rushes to stand before the Heavenly Court. There he puts on the hat of the Prosecuting Attorney as be presents the case of John Doe who has just sinned on earth down below. And, after the verdict, he does a quick change again, this time donning of the clothing of the Angel of Death as he is invested by the court to carry out the punishment.

Thus, the Sitra Achra is more of a process than a being, a system by which free-will is given to man and through which judgment of free-will decisions can be carried out effectively. How G-d chooses to manifest His systems - like the angels Ya'akov met upon returning to Eretz Yisroel- depends upon the time, the place, and the people involved. However, what counts is that G-d is constantly involved in our lives, testing our spiritual resolve in one way or another, in order to maximize our reward in the World-to-Come.

"

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #90 on: March 04, 2009, 10:17:03 PM »
Muman, I know that the Jewish view of Satan differs from ours, but we both believe he exists and is active in the world. Even if he is a servant of G-d, he is still very clearly at work in the book of Job.

I do not seek to convert you, but this statement is false:

Christianity believes Satan is in a struggle with Hashem to control the world.

I explained what the Christian view of Satan is, and it is not that he is of equal power to G-d, or anything remotely like it.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #91 on: March 04, 2009, 10:17:23 PM »
Muman, neither Elizabeth nor Christians believe that the devil is a force of equal and opposite power as G-d. I don't know exactly what Dox believes, but the Christian understanding is that since G-d gave all intelligent beings the gift of free will, all intelligent beings are free to choose good and evil. Satan, or Lucifer, chose evil. Yes, it is ultimately true that he only does what G-d permits him to, and that he has no ultimate power whatsoever in the universe besides to tempt people (which they can choose to reject), but he thinks, in his supreme arrogance, that he can take on his creator. G-d allows sin to reign in this world at present because he would rather that beings choose of their own free will to worship and serve him, even if it is just a few, rather have seven billion human robots who have no choice but to do those things--and also because he is a longsuffering, merciful L-rd who gives his creation countless chances to repent.

I know that is not the Jewish view of Satan but I had to demonstrate to you that we aren't dualists.

That seems to be a reasonable description...

Thank you..

PS: Jewish belief is that Angels do not have free-will, thus Satan is incapable of choosing evil he is just doing his job...

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #92 on: March 04, 2009, 10:18:16 PM »
OK, you're welcome.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2009, 10:19:52 PM »
<snip>

Shalom & G-d bless - Dox 

Im sorry but this sounds like Dualism to me...

You can make any inferences you like, but I assure you your inference is wrong. I word things in my own way to the best of my ability. That does not make me less Jewish.

Shalom again - Dox

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #94 on: March 04, 2009, 10:33:09 PM »
By the way, I think it's very clear to everyone that the animal tzvi ben roshel fabricated what I said simply to harm gentile-jewish relations on this forum. Chaim supporting me here has confirmed this.
I have no reason not to believe you. The Satmar Tzvi (and I say this because he has never convincingly stated that he is a Zionist, and refused to answer me when in this thread I asked him if he would prefer the Jewish state not exist until the Maschiach) certainly lied when he claimed that a moderator sent me a "copy" of what you supposedly said.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2009, 11:15:47 PM »
Ok, here I go again. I believe that Satan is using people to harm other people. Satan is jealous of G-d and he wants to annoy G-d by using people who can do his evil deeds. Satan cannot do things like a normal person would, so Satan has to find individuals to do his work for him.
Does that make any sense?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2009, 11:20:38 PM »
Elizabeth, your view of Satan comes closest to the Christian view, which is not dualism. At least that's what it seems like.

Offline Nadav

• Full JTFer
« Reply #97 on: March 04, 2009, 11:23:35 PM »
To Chaim Ben Pesach:

First of all I would like to note that this topic should have been in the Torah and Jewish Idea section where perhaps people would take such a topic more seriously. Regardless, I would like to thank Chaim once again for stepping in to give his insight on the matter. If any of my responses sound harsh, blunt, sarcastic, or anything of the sort please it was not my intention at all, and I did not mean to do so. I don’t have to give Chaim this warning because he is a grown man and grown men can have disagreements especially when it comes to interpretations of Torah. Rather, this is leveled at a small minority here in this forum whose maturity level cannot grasp these kinds of debates.

Chaim you mentioned we are obligated to curse ‘self-hating’ Jews and even kill them. First of all, you and many forum members here use the term self-hating quite liberally. It’s been thrown at everyone and everything. To many of you self-hating simply means a secular Jew who goes against what you view politically. This is clearly not the case. These Jews could be very well evil, but self hating is not the correct term. The word has been bastardized beyond belief and many people in this forum are guilty of it. A self-hating Jew is a Jew who hates the Jewish nation. People like Noam Chomsky, Norman Finkelstein, Dan Burros, morons of this sort. These are clear cut examples of self hating Jews. People like for example Ariel Sharon and Yitzhak Rabin were viciously evil Jews, but they had a thing called “secular Jewish pride.” Like what seems rampant of many people here in the forum, which I find absurd because it’s Jewish pride with no Torah. It doesn’t make sense to me. So you see the term self hating cannot apply to them.

Indeed we are commanded to hate evil Jews:

To what extent is hatred forbidden? One should not say, “Love scholars
but hate students, love students but hate ignoramuses.” One must love
everyone, hating only heretics, inciters to heresy, and informers. As King
David said (Ps. 139:21-22), “O L-rd, do I not hate those who hate you? Do
I not strive with those who rise up against You? I hate them with the utmost
hatred. I count them among my enemies.”
Does it not say, “Love your neighbor as yourself. I am the L-rd” [i.e how
can one hate these when it says we must love our neighbor]? The answer is
that G-d said, “ I am the L-rd Who created him.” If he conducts himself
in way required of our people, you must love him. Otherwise you must
not.
- (Avot DeRabbi Natan)

Our sages further said:

“If your brother incites you….. Do not accept him or listen to him. Have
no pity on him…. You shall surely kill him” (Deut. 13:7,9-10): Since it   
says, “Love your neighbor as yourself,” I might think one should love this
Person too. It therefore says, “Do not accept him.” (Sifri, Re’eh 89)

So indeed we are not only obligated to hate evil Jews but to kill them as well. But you have misled people here to a certain extent with this statement:

We are actually obligated to kill them. But we in JTF are so moderate and so law-abiding that we do not kill these traitors even though under Torah law, that is our obligation. We JTFers are simply too moderate and too law abiding to do such a thing.”

Too moderate? Too law abiding? Are you forgetting biblical punishments such as the death penalty are only applicable if there is a Sanhedrin? Without one, Halacha does not allow capital punishment. We are not mafiosos giving people street justice. It doesn’t work like that. Now I feel rather disappointed in you for your casual talk and in my opinion glee towards violence against a fellow Jew. Let’s look at what Rav Kahane HY"D had to say about this:

Question: Is violence between and among Jews legitimate?
Kahane: It depends on the circumstances. For example, if we begin a
a program to move the Arabs out, and there were Jews who
opposed this program, even though it was government law,
then we would have to use force against them. That’s sad.
But
they would have to obey.  (Israel’s Ayatollahs, Raphael Merqui)

Rav Kahane HY"D clearly is leaving violence as the absolute last option. And if you still are not convinced, here is more:

Question: And what do you think about murders among Jews, for example
the killing of Emil Grunzweig, one of the Peace Now activists?
Kahane: Terrible……If he really was murdered. But nobody knows, nobody
knows yet; there have been a lot of rumors….But if he was really
killed by a Jew, it would be a terrible, tragic incident; this Jew
should be brought to trial and sentenced. You don’t do that to a Jew.

Question: In other words, you’d never resort to violence against a Jew? Not
even a communist Jew?
Kahane: If a Jew used violence against me, I’m not sure I wouldn’t retaliate.
But we certainly wouldn’t be the ones to start using violence
against Jews.
(Israel’s Ayatollahs, Raphael Merqui)

So indeed the Rav Kahane HY"D has ‘spoken’ on this matter. I agree with him 100%

To further this point on hating ‘evil’ Jews, unfortunately some non-Jewish members of this forum (of which several Jews joined in) have attacked Jews like Chandra Levy. I can’t even look back into that thread I was so disgusted. Levy is just one example, there has been plenty, too much to name. First of all, are we really in a position to say this is an evil Jew? Let alone a gentile tell us this is an evil Jew? Let alone a gentile who I won’t even write his name, tell us Jews she was a, “self-hating, leftist, Arab-loving whore.” Who does this guy think he is? We need to make it clear where gentiles stand with us, unfortunately I think there is great confusion to role of a Jew and Gentile to some our Gentile forum members. Let’s use the words our great sage to expand on this:

The second is the non-Jew who was created in G-d’s image,
yet who is not dear and special to G-d and not classed as
“adam.” After all, Adam’s mission in the world passed on to
Israel. Although we are forbidden to hate or denigrate such a
non-Jew as long as he does not become an enemy of G-d and
as long as keeps the seven Noahide laws, there is no mitzvah
to love and respect him.
(Kahane, Or’ Hara’ayon)

To the gentile that provokes a Jew[any Jew]:

On the other hand, if a non-Jew hates and torments a Jew, even
if he is doing so for personal reasons, the very fact that he is
unafraid to provoke a Jew, G-d’s firstborn, is itself a provocation
of G-d and a profanation of His name
. How much more so that
When non-Jews seek to harm the Jewish People, this constitutes
Profanation of G-d’s name and war against G-d, and not a personal
Matter. (Kahane, Or’ Hara’ayon)

If this is what the Rav said about a gentile who torments a Jew, I can just imagine what the Rav would of said about the gentile who provokes the memory of a dead Jew. But let's move on.........

Hashem works in mysterious ways. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that you mentioned the event of Moses & the golden calf and the current state we find ourselves in this forum with a particular small group of members.

Let me explain what I mean; first of all, let us reveal who exactly were these people who incited the worshiping of the calf. Our sages have said:

It was in the sixth hour of the day that when Moses did not
come back down from the Mount, the then vocal minority,
the erev rav, called out to Aharon and the rest of the Jews to
build the golden calf. (Vilna Goan, Kol HaTor)

Who exactly are these people? The so called erev rav? Erev rav means the mixed multitude of nations that came out of Egypt with the Jewish people.

The Children of Israel journeyed from Rameses to Succoth,
about six hundred thousand men on foot, aside from children.
Also a mixed multitude (erev rav) went up with them, and flock
and cattle, very much livestock. (Exodus12:37-38)

They were clearly not apart of the Jewish nation. These people were the sorcerers and magicians and the outright pagans of Egypt. Even though Hashem warned Moses not to take them, he ended up accepting them. What great tragedy this brought. Moses saw what
these people were capable of and the subsequent idol worship so he gathered the Levites. They slaughtered everyone of them. Here’s what Rav Kahane HY"D said:

What self-sacrifice! What acceptance of the yoke of Heaven!
only a person with an exalted soul, who is full of love of G-d
and of G-d’s righteousness, full of hatred of the wicked and of
wickedness, is capable of reaching such heights. Levi and Simeon
Combined within them zealotry and fierce love of G-d, coupled with
revenge against evildoers and evil. After G-d refined them through
such tribulations and diminished their arrogance and hatred, they 
emerged as leaders and saints of the Jewish people. Indeed, “where
Revenge is necessary, it is great thing.”
(Kahane, Or’ Hara’ayon)

Zeal is a divine trait and they certainly showed it. But again, it was at the right time, and the right place. The Rav stressed this time and time again.

Chaim, I’d like to thank you for protecting the honor of our sages. Indeed we cannot curse our Torah scholars. I hope this message of yours gets through to some of the moderators who seem to ignore these posts.

Sorry for the long reply. I couldn’t even get to what I wanted to say about Pinchas. I’ll leave it for later.

- Nadav

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #98 on: March 04, 2009, 11:40:04 PM »
Elizabeth, your view of Satan comes closest to the Christian view, which is not dualism. At least that's what it seems like.

Hi CF. I am not a Christian, if it sounds like I am using their idea it is not intentional, honest. This is my own idea and not anyone elses.
I just know Satan is evil and wants to create death, destruction and chaos.I believe Satan will use people to accomplish this.
I wish people would not think that I am taking ideas from other people's religion, it really is my own personal idea and from what I see
happening in the World, I came to that conclusion. 

Shalom - Dox

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #99 on: March 04, 2009, 11:42:27 PM »

Hi CF. I am not a Christian, if it sounds like I am using their idea it is not intentional, honest. This is my own idea and not anyone elses.
I just know Satan is evil and wants to create death, destruction and chaos.I believe Satan will use people to accomplish this.
I wish people would not think that I am taking ideas from other people's religion, it really is my own personal idea and from what I see
happening in the World, I came to that conclusion. 

Shalom - Dox

Dox,

I am not knocking or judging your view of this. If this understanding explains the world for you then it will have to do. But maybe someday you might investigate the Talmud and the Tanach to discover what the sages of Judaism had to say on the subject.

Each person is only expected to reach the level which they can reach. I have changed much in seven years since I came back and I learn every day.