Author Topic: Baptism  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
Re: Baptism
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 05:59:52 AM »
I think Mo2388 just didn't know that this ritual is considered holy by Christians.

But I agree that we must be careful not to offend the others. Talmud says "gadol kvod ha-briyot" which means "it is forbidden to humiliate human dignity". This is especially important in our international forum.
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 06:36:28 AM »
בס"ד
Can somebody here type "May All Arabs Die Of Testicular Cancer" in Hebrew, please?
הלוואי שכל הערבים ימותו מסרטן אשכים.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2009, 06:46:31 AM »
Can somebody here type "May All Arabs Die Of Testicular Cancer" in Hebrew, please?

Here Bones:
ן יםפק שךך םכ איק צודךןצד גןק ש יםררןנךק גקשאי
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2009, 07:15:08 AM »
If one wants a very good depiction or explanation of this subject from a Jewish and early Christian point of view, I'd suggest the book "Jews in the Roman World" by Michael Grant which displays the history of Israel and Jews from start to end of the Roman conquest..

Enjoy...
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 12:10:18 PM »
I didn't know people would be offended by a reference like that. I will e more careful in the future. Now I know how important it is.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 12:47:31 PM »
By the area of Shiloh many Jews used to go to the mikvah [Ritual bath] Like By the Jordan it does come from the Mikveh.BTW Boyanain my poor knowledge of Heb i understood what you wrote
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 01:22:59 AM »
My sons had Brit milah בְּרִית מִילָה, I would be very upset if some Christians would call  them victims.
Religion is not something you do,it is something you are.
Brith milah or baptisam are part what we are.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 05:59:26 AM »
My sons had Brit milah בְּרִית מִילָה, I would be very upset if some Christians would call  them victims.
Religion is not something you do,it is something you are.
Brith milah or baptisam are part what we are.
Thank You Boyana.  Great post.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.