Author Topic: Life Out West--David Ben Moshe  (Read 4838 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Life Out West--David Ben Moshe
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2009, 12:08:25 PM »
Arizona and NM are great places, even with the vast number of illegals. Would like to move there someday.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2009, 06:11:29 PM »
I hope you'll both be very happy in your new home! :)

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2009, 06:44:13 PM »
בס''ד

There's just one problem: for a lifelong New Yorker, moving to a relatively small city out West can be very boring. Yes, you will have more peace and quiet, but after a while it's too peaceful and too quiet.

There are many terrible things in New York, but at least it's not boring. I have been to many other places, and they are boring by comparison.

Incidentally, one place that is even more exciting than New York is Israel. (If you speak Hebrew.)
Oh good gracious Chaim---- :P
I agree with Chaim.  I actually miss living in Queens.
I have since the day we left.  I miss all the things we could do when we lived there.  From where I live now, everything is a long drive away.
Queens wasn't perfect, but there are some strange cookies out where I live.  We joke that they are the 'pod people', from invasion of the body snatchers.

I will miss knowing that you guys are in N.Y., especially at JTF get together time.  May God bless you and keep you safe as you start this new part of your life.  I'm glad to know that you are happy.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 10:10:17 PM »
I have since the day we left.  I miss all the things we could do when we lived there.

With the exception of a couple of neighborhoods, I hate Queens.

I would rather live in a "boring" area than a place full of savages.

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2009, 10:13:24 PM »
I have since the day we left.  I miss all the things we could do when we lived there.

I agree I rather live in the woods

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2009, 10:21:13 PM »
Things to do in Oregon...

It isn't boring out here....

http://www.traveloregon.com/

Here is a blog of the best places out here...

http://blog.traveloregon.com/2009/10/08/keep-up-with-oregons-fall-foliage/
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2009, 11:15:21 PM »
The North Bay area is a very beautiful place. We have a great climate too...

I would be really happy if there were some more Right Wingers in the San Francisco bay area...

;D

« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 11:22:27 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2009, 11:52:56 PM »
בס''ד

Everyone has their own taste and their own opinions. I respect people who just want peace and quiet in a small town or small city.

But I would be bored. I am the big city type. Except in Israel, where there is so much action that even small communities are exciting.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2009, 12:17:06 AM »

I would be really happy if there were some more Right Wingers in the San Francisco bay area...

;D

Unfortunately it seems to be the San Francisco Gay area.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2009, 12:26:59 AM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline ItalianZionist

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 12:35:57 AM »
בס''ד

Everyone has their own taste and their own opinions. I respect people who just want peace and quiet in a small town or small city.

But I would be bored. I am the big city type. Except in Israel, where there is so much action that even small communities are exciting.

I agree with Chaim..Either NY  or LA for me.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 12:44:37 AM »

;D

Well I don't live in San Francisco... And there are not gays around me, mostly mexicans... But that is the way it is around most of the west these days.

There is no doubt that this area is one of the most scenic and most peaceful places in America. I have lived in NY, CT, and in Los Angeles {Marina Del Rey and Venice Beach}, and Long Beach {Belmont Shores}... Of them all I am most happy where I live near Napa valley. The air is clean, unlike in Los Angeles. The temperatures here are more moderate {not sunny all the time} which I like {having grown up in CT}.

There are many gays in NY also... So to claim that as the only negative is kinda hypocritical. True SF has the gay reputation... But I believe NY has gay marriage and here in CA we don't have it...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2009, 01:37:10 AM »
I live out in the boondocks now, but the huge city is not too far away.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2009, 05:44:50 AM »

I lived in Queens all my life, and the neighborhoods I grew up in.. Now are HELLHOLES.. I wouldn't mind packing my bags some days and get the hell out of this crazy zoo city.  But in all fairness, I rather we liberate our cities as well.  And turn these metro areas ino a power house.  And not have 3rd world filth ruin everything.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2009, 06:46:09 AM »
Chaim is correct. Everyone is entitled to their choices. For me its being near family. No place is home unless family is close by. And I think for david ashe is like family too.

Of course the ideal place for all Jewish families should be Israel. Every Jew who's not living there should strive for ideal. Part of the journy first requires to learn Hebrew and passing it on to ones offspring.

Anyway if I didn't say it mu best wishes. Don't be a stranger with the rest of your jtf family here
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline americankahanist

• Full JTFer
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2009, 01:53:48 PM »
While its frosty in NYC and snowing a little upstate, we are in the high 70s here with no humidity.  Low 80s tomorrow and Saturday, then back into mid to upper 70s for most of next week.

I dunn sold my 1947 house in Queens for well over 600K and bought a 2006 built house here with more than 2X the land and 2X the house square footage for quite a bit under 300K.  My tax in Queens was 5K per year.  Here, even with the Home Owners Assoc. fee, its 2500.  We purchased the smallest house in an estate area where all of the other models come with almost 3000 square feet and 3 car garages.  For my daily evening barbacueing, no need for propane tanks.  The house has a gas line on one of the two back patios.  :P

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2009, 02:40:42 PM »
One of the radio talk show hosts remarked on his show yesterday that the numbers show people leaving the tri-state area in record numbers. I live out on Long Island and the property tax is now twice what you were paying in Queens. The darn thing has tripled in 20 years. Don't ask me what I am getting in return for taxes like that because whatever it is besides picking up a pail of garbage each week  and maintaining the road out front is a mystery to me. The school taxes actually use up most of the money. At one time living out here on Long Island was very pleasant and worth the extra taxes that no longer is the case. This morning I got into an argument with some sort of Hispanic in the food store because as I was going down the isle his little son backed into my path while father and son were admiring some toy on the cereal box shelf. I waited a moment and excused myself to pass. The parent thought I had the cart to close to Jr and made a remark. I said I stopped when the kid stepped back and waited a moment but I needed to get through. All they had to do was step forward and let me pass. The parent started an entire thing about if this and that happened how he was going to knock me on my a-s. I laughed at this a little (very little) and told him people like him didn't belong in this neighborhood which left him sort of speechless. The West is sounding better every day because nothing good is going on here in the east.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2009, 02:53:42 PM »
my taxes are less than a thousand dollars.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2009, 03:07:19 PM »

That is really good... I didn't mind until they started going pass the 6 thousand mark but now at 10 and climbing I am starting to feel like I am paying rent to live in my own house.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2009, 04:35:17 PM »
sheesh....

That is really good... I didn't mind until they started going pass the 6 thousand mark but now at 10 and climbing I am starting to feel like I am paying rent to live in my own house.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2009, 06:12:18 PM »
One of the radio talk show hosts remarked on his show yesterday that the numbers show people leaving the tri-state area in record numbers. I live out on Long Island and the property tax is now twice what you were paying in Queens. The darn thing has tripled in 20 years. Don't ask me what I am getting in return for taxes like that because whatever it is besides picking up a pail of garbage each week  and maintaining the road out front is a mystery to me. The school taxes actually use up most of the money. At one time living out here on Long Island was very pleasant and worth the extra taxes that no longer is the case. This morning I got into an argument with some sort of Hispanic in the food store because as I was going down the isle his little son backed into my path while father and son were admiring some toy on the cereal box shelf. I waited a moment and excused myself to pass. The parent thought I had the cart to close to Jr and made a remark. I said I stopped when the kid stepped back and waited a moment but I needed to get through. All they had to do was step forward and let me pass. The parent started an entire thing about if this and that happened how he was going to knock me on my a-s. I laughed at this a little (very little) and told him people like him didn't belong in this neighborhood which left him sort of speechless. The West is sounding better every day because nothing good is going on here in the east.
What kind of neighborhood do you live in?  :P  :::D
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2009, 06:21:38 PM »

Wow I shop sometimes in Long Island and it has always been a pleasant experience. What town was the supermarket in?

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 07:31:54 PM »
David and Ashe Dina I'm glad that your move to the Southwest has been a major upgrade over what NYC provided.       You both deserve the best!
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2009, 06:27:21 AM »

I can understand where you're coming from CJD, I had many of those similar encounters while living in NYC.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2009, 07:00:54 AM »

:laugh:   I don't know anymore... It actually use to be very nice here.... I use to be able to look all the way down one side of the block and have nice woods as far as the eye could see. Now its like a bad reproduction of Queens with houses every 60 feet. The neighbors that are coming in as of late are very strange also. Somewhere there must be a real estate office that all the Zebra couples in New York go to to find a house. The agent brings them all around here. The road coming into the subdivision looks like the escape route out of  Mexico, Mexicans on foot Mexicans on PeeWee Herman bikes all complete with back packs and mapa. Sometimes I feel like I woke up in a bad Twilight Zone episode. I guess with the ghetto trash comes the ghetto mentality so I am sure the little thing I had in the store is the start of a trend. If the filthy animal thought he was going to brow beat some hick from the sticks he was barking up the wrong tree.