Author Topic: Which country would you NOT be killed in?  (Read 359 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
Which country would you NOT be killed in?
« on: November 18, 2009, 08:33:56 PM »
I was reminiscing about my days in Yeshiva in Israel and I remembered the few times I thought I would be killed by Arabs. Once was in the Arab Quarter on a Friday night during Ramadan last year. My group from yeshiva was walking back after maariv at the Kotel and we walked through the Arab Quarter. It was so frightening! We were shoulder to shoulder with Jews and Arabs. Some of us got kicked and pushed (as to be expected). The Arabs were so filthy and disgusting! I couldn't imagine living in those squalid conditions. I was saying Shema thinking I could easily get sliced since there was no room between people, LITERALLY NO ROOM! I had disgusting Arabs surrounding me and touching me, unable to move. I prayed so hard to Hashem that my parents would be okay if I died. I didn't know what to expect. Scariest moment in my life. I said shema and some tehilim and atoned as best I could. I was separated from my friends and all the other Jews were just trying to get by as I was stuck. Suddenly I saw some soldiers coming through the crowd (or maybe they were cops) and I reached onto one of them. He swiftly turned around and I said "help me, I'm scared." In hebrew, he responded to never grab at a soldier like that. I told him in Hebrew that I can't find my friends and I'm lost and I can't move and I was afraid of getting stabbed. He put me in front of him and pushed through the crowd. I saw my friends and the end of the Arab quarter was right there. The soldier walked away as if it was no big deal.
I had a few more ordeals after that. I was on a tour bus in Chevron after my group got off and the driver was driving around some back alleys. I saw all the Arab kids out the window and I was so glad I was in a bulletproof bus with and armed driver. Also in Chevron, at Maaras Hamachpeilah ( for anybidy who doesn't know, in Israel,the Arabs always blast their stupid prayers so loudly, and especially there it's so loud), and I looked down to where all the Arabs were and I stared at them for a few minutes as they stared back, I knew I was protected (soldiers and cops all around etc.) but I wondered what would happen to me if I was all alone DOWN THERE by them. Another time, I made a wrong turn in the Old City late at night and a soldier stopped me and said I was most likely in the wrong area (was about to turn into the Arab Quarter). So I've had a few scares. In a hospital once, some Arabs approached me and my friend saying they would rob us. I thought they would bomb us or something. I've had a few more experiences.
It got me thinking. There could have been circumstances where I would have been killed, or any of us, just by being in the wrong place. Can you imagine being the only white (Orthodox Jew) in a place like Ramalah, Gaza, Jordan, Syria, or any of those Muslim places. We take it for granted that we can wear our kippas and tzitis out freely in some places in the world. In others we would be tortured,killed etc. It's amazing if you think about it. TO ALL THOSE PIECES OF CRAP WHO THINK "PALESTINE" IS GREAT AND ARABS ARE GOOD AND DESERVE LAND YOU TRY DRESSING AS A JEW AND GOING TO ANY OF THESE PLACES ALL ALONE AND UNARMED AND THEN WE'LL SE HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT ARABS!!!!!!!!