Author Topic: Very sad story  (Read 734 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Very sad story
« on: October 05, 2013, 07:40:39 AM »

This story made me very sad.

This person, for whatever reason, whether it was genetic, something to do with their brain chemistry, something to do with their environment, or whatever else may have caused it, had gender identity issues and chose to try to transition from a woman into a man.

What I've been told in the past by people who support this kind of transition is that people who undergo surgical transition must first be psychologically evaluated to make sure they can handle the process, are truly suffering from GID, etc.

In this case, the surgeries didn't turn out as well as the person had hoped they would. They were not happy with the new chest they had after a double mastectomy, and they felt that the surgery to create a male appearance on the private area also did not go well and that the tissue there was showing signs of rejection.

I can see how this could devastate someone emotionally if their hopes were raised artificially high for an outcome that they wanted, and it didn't work out. They may also have lost sensation in their private area and this could also cause quality of life issues if the person had wanted to pursue any kind of sexual relationship in the future. So I can see how this too could be very devastating to them.

They described themselves as a "monster" and said they didn't want to live.

I think that, in a situation like that, some professional should have stepped in, to get this person to a place of safety and supervision, to deal with the medical and psychological issues that had come up, and to prevent them from committing suicide.

Instead, this person was legally allowed to choose to die, and the very professional (a doctor) that should have been there to help the person survive through it, instead betrayed any medical code of ethics they should have followed, and helped the person to commit suicide, and it was done legally.

That doctor will not go to prison for preying on depressed patient. That doctor will not even be able to be sued civilly for the betrayal of their duties. They will not lose their medical license. That doctor murdered this person who was hurting inside and out rather than offering the kind of help the person needed to have the best future possible. Now that person has no future.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/05/20803178-painless-death-or-precipitous-cliff-transsexual-chooses-euthanasia-after-failed-operation?lite&ocid=msnhp&pos=5

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Very sad story
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:54:19 AM »
Sad story but I want to add that the patient has the ultimate reponsibility in making life (or in this case also death) choices of her life.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 12:00:13 PM »
Sad story but I want to add that the patient has the ultimate reponsibility in making life (or in this case also death) choices of her life.

This patient was also mentally disturbed and not fully capable of making good decisions. Even the depression over the botched surgeries itself could have impaired her judgment.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
Both sex changes and euthanasia should be illegal, and a professional should have stepped in as soon as the person wanted to change genders because this is a mental illness.  These so-called health professionals are evil and incompetent and don't realize that enabling people is not helping them.

I agree completely with that. I think that this person may not have been able to help their feelings of gender confusion, which is one reason why I have some empathy for them. However they were failed badly by the medical system.

The first failure, of course, was the doctors choice to reinforce rather than attempt to treat the gender confusion.

If someone said "I'm a wolf, that's my identity, I want to have surgery to look more like a wolf and to shorten my legs to make a quadrupedal gait easier". Most people would realize there's something wrong there.

Most people would understand that this person had a sickness, and that they needed to have some kind of treatment. Now it may be possible that the person in that wolf scenario really believes that their body does not match how they view themselves inside, and this could cause a great deal of depression and anxiety, and their lack of ability to transition into a wolf combined with the bullying from society over their deviant desires could lead to them committing suicide. However that still would be serious malpractice if doctors said "Yes, you must embrace this identity, you will feel better once we help you transition into a canine shape."

However when it comes to man/woman, people don't see how bizarre and wrong it is to reinforce a delusion?

Second, the transsexual was failed by her doctors when they proceeded with the transitional surgeries. Not only was this doing serious and irreversible injury to her body, but it was locking her into the sickness rather than attempting to free her from it. Now, even if one day she accepted her birth gender, she wouldn't be able to go back to normal, ever again. That would be true even if the surgeries were performed flawlessly. While I don't believe this person was a monster, I do think that at some point she realized that her body was monstrous after this mutilation, and when that reality set in, it began her decline.

Third, she was failed by the botched surgeries. Her chest apparently didn't match what she had been told it would look like, and the tissue for her new pseudo male anatomy did not match her expectations and even worse, was being rejected by her body. The surgeries were apparently done by incompetent butchers who didn't care for this woman's well being whatsoever.

Fourth, when she became depressed and suicidal, the doctors, rather than reaching out to her with compassion and caring, agreed to put her down as if she was a sick animal, rather than protect her and try to help her recover in a safe environment.

She was failed again and again. Her life was misery, and those who should have helped her instead hurt her over and over again.