Poll

Which country is more hostile to the Jewish people?

Hungary
8 (57.1%)
Romania
1 (7.1%)
Both
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Hungary or Romania?  (Read 3372 times)

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
Hungary or Romania?
« on: November 23, 2013, 11:02:05 AM »
In your opinion, which country is more infested with anti-Semitism? Hungary has Jobbik as the third largest political party. Romania has voted in favor of PLO/Hamas Muslim Nazi state. Both countries fought with Nazis during WWII and murdered a lot of Jews.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 11:13:58 AM by I'm allergic to Islam, shvartsas and fags. Somebody help me! »
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: Hungary or Romania?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 11:54:44 AM »
Toss up. Both were willing allies of Nazi Germany and as I recall Romania had its own Holocaust in the 1930s.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 12:23:54 PM »
Toss up. Both were willing allies of Nazi Germany and as I recall Romania had its own Holocaust in the 1930s.

Had their own holocaust in the 1930s? I had no idea, I will read about this. As an American I was totally shortchanged in school when it comes to History.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 01:08:37 PM »
Well both countries were known for anti-Semitism so it's really hard to tell.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »
The Romanian army and militias massacred Jews in the frontier lands and in Moldova and the Ukraine. They murdered at least 300,000 Jews not by aiding the Nazis, by themselves. The Romanians operated their own death camps in Transnistria. But the Jews of the more settled regions where there was civilian administration were mostly spared, they were robbed, banned from school and work, sent to labor camps, but most of them were not murdered. All in all about 50%.

In Hungary the extermination was carried out by the Nazi army but they received full cooperation from the population. The Germans already received the Jews packed and ready to be shipped to Auschwitz because the Hungarians already gathered all the Jews into blockaded ghettos.

Personally I believe the Hungarians have always been allot more Jew-hating and generally they are a xenophobic nation. It's no coincidence that so many evil auto-antisemitic Jews are from Hungary, from George Soros to the Naturei Karta.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 04:17:09 PM »
I can't speak for Hungary but my dads family came from Romania and they lost a lot of land in Bukovina many jews lived in Romania since dacian times and fought for Romania's independence but during Nazi times killed many Jews. My dads family fled to england then the us because of laws that made living as a Jew difficult.

Offline NoMosqueHere

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 07:59:03 PM »
It's probably about equal.

But Hungary produced Bela Bartok and Zsa Zsa Gabor (as well as Eva Gabor); and I can't think of anything of value Romania has produced except Transylvanian vampires. 

Speaking of vampires, I know a Romanian Nazi who posts a lot on various right wing websites who is complete POS.  He is on American Renaissance a good deal and spews Hiterlite nazism.  His name is Spartacus, if you want to confront him like I do on occasion.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 09:16:55 PM »
Shalom & Shavuah Tov....

I find it hard to have an opinion in this case. Obviously both countries have spawned a lot of Jew hatred, and as countries both are cursed.

But I find it so very odd that Hashem placed me in a world where I am constantly exposed to both Hungarian and Romanian (and Polish and Moldavian) people. These are the people I work with, my direct boss is Hungarian (a large well-built guy who sounds a bit like swarzenegger) and our boss is a Romanian guy who is very nice and very smart. I also work with a Polish guy, and he has a guy who is Moldavian. I have worked with these guys for many years and have spoken with them at events, and we get along well.

Why has Hashem given me this experience? Because people are people, and we can get along in a work environment. Of course I don't know what they think when they are not with me. For all the discussion of Jews, World War II, Communism, and the like I find them in agreement with my position. My Hungarian boss (as I explained previously) does use the expression 'kosher' often (to describe things which are acceptable). I have explained to him concerning Jewish holidays and the Sabbath, and he has shown interest.

So my point is basically that nations are capable of terrible crimes against the Jews. But there are individuals who are from these nations who do have redeeming qualities, and they should be considered meritorious.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rabbi Lipschitz

• New JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 05:42:17 AM »
I know that Hungary is  an extremely Anti-Semitic country.  :'(   

I am not knowledgeable about the amount of Antisemitism that exists in Romania.

In Europe, Hungary is the most like Nazi Iran and so is Austria. 

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 05:55:22 AM by Rabbi Lipschitz »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 08:07:43 AM »
Both are nations of demons and ghouls that would tear your heart out and make it into sausage meat.

Offline Nachus

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 11:42:33 PM »
 :usa+israel:                                                                                                                                       :fist:

That is why the nations of Europe that went against G-d's chosen people from the atrocities of the
  Holocaust and World War II up until the present day are paying the price in multiple ways and Germany will
  also have their day. 

Offline Hajduk

• New JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 08:47:32 AM »
Historically Hungarians are more anti-Semitic than Romanians.

Online Dan193

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 09:57:57 AM »
I'm just happy Ivan Konev the Russian General gave the Hungarians a nice beating in 56.
Konev was also the 2nd highest ranking Russian general behind Zhukov in WW2 in defeating the Nazis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Konev

Online Dan193

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 10:03:58 AM »
The Hungarians sent troops to help Hitler in the invasion of Russia in 41
Big Big Mistake.

In July 1941, the Kingdom of Hungary, a member of Tripartite Pact, took part in Operation Barbarossa, in alliance with Nazi Germany. Hungarian forces fought shoulder to shoulder with the Wehrmacht, and advanced through Soviet Ukraine, deep into Russia, all the way to Stalingrad. By 1943–1944, the tide of the war had turned. The Red Army regained the pre-war Soviet territory, and advanced westward from its borders to defeat Germany and its allies.
It was in the context of these events that the Budapest Offensive took place in September 1944. As the Hungarian army ignored the armistice with the USSR (signed by the government of Miklós Horthy on October 15, 1944), the Soviets fought against the Hungarian troops and their German allies, capturing the capital on February 13, 1945, and continuing military operations until April 4, 1945 when the last German forces and the part of Hungarian troops that chose to stay loyal to Germans, despite another armistice (signed by the government of Ferenc Szálasi), were routed.

Offline Every Jew AK47

• Master JTFer
  • Am Kahane Chai!
    • Good Music!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2013, 01:29:03 PM »
Hungary is the most Anti-Semitic country in Europe and one of the most anti-Semitic in the entire world.  Romania doesn't hold a candle to Hungary in regards to Jew hatred.  As far as who was the worst during WWII, I can say it may not reflect on who is the worst today.  Hungary actually is pushing for legislation to have all Jews forcefully ejected from the nation of Hungary.  The Nazi party in Hungary is gaining traction and is growing quickly on the national level and winning seats in their parliament. 

I have met a lot of Romanians who are actually pro-Israel and like Jews..  I am sure Romania has quite a bit of anti-Semitism like most European countries, but nothing could compare to Hungary.
Please keep the Kahanist movement strong and free of internal strife and drama.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2013, 08:35:40 PM »
I had to delete my previous post because of this video

:o

Not sure how the Serbs and handful of Jews survived at all in Serbia and Bosnia while surrounded by nazi allies...
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2013, 08:38:40 PM »
Also I came across this video from Ukraine...

Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2013, 11:01:26 PM »
One of my best friends is Hungarian. I have nothing against the general Hungarian people, what I do have a issue with is Nazis regardless of what nation they come from.

You should read up on Romania in World War II, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romania_in_World_War_II

things may be different now but in world war II Romania was an ally of the Nazis and contributed more soldiers to Stalingrad than any other nation that was allied with the Axis, this cannot be disputed in history, the main reason was because they wanted possession of Northern Transylvania and were upset about ceding Bukovina and Bessarabia to the Russian Federation and Ukraine as well as southern Romania to Bulgaria and a chunk of Transylvania to Hungary. In Romanian history, they state "Not a single Jew was killed on Romanian territory" which is not true, 9,000 Jews were killed in the Iași pogrom (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ia%C8%99i_pogrom)and the reason the number of deaths isn't as high is because most of the Romanian Jews were killed in Bukovina and Bessarabia as well as Transylvania which were not part of mainland Romania at that time but regardless, most of the Bukovina Jews were deported to Transnistria where most of the Romanian Jews were killed. Half of the estimated 270,000 to 320,000 Jews living in Bessarabia, Bukovina, and the former Dorohoi County in Romania were murdered between June 1941 and spring of 1944.

We had family there on my dads side who were from Romania but they left in 1905 to come to the US, and they probably left at just the right time before everything that happened.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 11:05:36 PM »
Hungary is the most Anti-Semitic country in Europe and one of the most anti-Semitic in the entire world.  Romania doesn't hold a candle to Hungary in regards to Jew hatred.  As far as who was the worst during WWII, I can say it may not reflect on who is the worst today.  Hungary actually is pushing for legislation to have all Jews forcefully ejected from the nation of Hungary.  The Nazi party in Hungary is gaining traction and is growing quickly on the national level and winning seats in their parliament. 

I have met a lot of Romanians who are actually pro-Israel and like Jews..  I am sure Romania has quite a bit of anti-Semitism like most European countries, but nothing could compare to Hungary.
Ion Antonescu was executed as one of the most horrid war criminals of WWII. He masterminded, or played a major role in, the Odessa and Babi Yar slaughters. For Romania to have had its own Holocaust separate from the Nazi one in the 1930s suggests that average Romanians are pretty damn anti-Semitic.

I don't think you can really pick a "winner" between Romania, Hungary, Ukraine, and Croatia.  >:(

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2013, 11:16:32 PM »
Ion Antonescu definitely passed a lot of the anti semitic laws, but I believe he was a figurehead of the Iron Guard, from what i've heard, Horia Sima committed many of the most barbaric crimes and was the head of the Iron Guard, he supposedly had a civil war with Ion Antonescu and was behind many of the evil pogroms, I don't believe he was ever captured, I think he ended up fleeing to Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horia_Sima

this is the civil war they had

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legionnaires%27_rebellion_and_Bucharest_pogrom

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2013, 11:51:19 PM »
Antonescu took over power in Romania from King Carol II (who was pro-German himself) and personally orchestrated most of the worst atrocities against Jews both on Romanian soil and on the eastern front where the Romanian Nazis were fighting alongside the German Nazis. Whether or not he was the only Romanian Nazi leader during WWII is besides the point. He was a big one, and the vast majority of average Romanians (and Hungarians) enthusiastically partook in the Final Solution.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2013, 11:34:27 AM »
No question about it - Hungary!
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 11:44:06 AM »
Ion Antonescu was executed as one of the most horrid war criminals of WWII. He masterminded, or played a major role in, the Odessa and Babi Yar slaughters. For Romania to have had its own Holocaust separate from the Nazi one in the 1930s suggests that average Romanians are pretty damn anti-Semitic.

I don't think you can really pick a "winner" between Romania, Hungary, Ukraine, and Croatia.  >:(
I don't think there was a genocide in 1930s Romania. The only large scale massacres and genocides in Europe that I can think of which took place in Europe between the wars happened in Russia/USSR.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 01:53:20 PM »
I don't think there was a genocide in 1930s Romania. The only large scale massacres and genocides in Europe that I can think of which took place in Europe between the wars happened in Russia/USSR.

Your correct in the sense that in the "recognized territory of Romania" at that time that most of the massacres didn't happen specifically within Romanias borders, but there were massacres such as the Iași pogrom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ia%C8%99i_pogrom and the bucharest pogrom which left about 13,266 Jews dead. That is still a significant number of Jews in Romanias borders, outside Romanias borders in what was territory of Ukraine is where most of the murders happened and were committed by the Nazi government that was in charge of Romania at that time. That resulted in Jews being deported to Transistria (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria_Governorate#The_Holocaust_in_Transnistria_under_Romanian_occupation). According to the Wiesel Commission report released by the Romanian government in 2004, the Nazi government in Romania at that time murdered in various forms, between 280,000 to 380,000 Jews in Romania and in the war zone of Bessarabia, Bukovina and Transnistria.

This is a pogrom that happened where rogue Romanian military at the time attacked Jewish units who were also in the Romanian military, the government says they did not endorse it but it doesn't sound like the attackers were ever punished either.

Dorohoi pogrom http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorohoi_pogrom

Before World War 2 started, because of the agreement between Germany and the Soviet Union, Romania was allied with Nazi Germany and was required to give up territory to the Russian Empire and so they lost Bessarabia, Bukovina and part of Transylvania, the Jews living in those areas were still Romanian.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 02:08:50 PM by White Israelite »