Author Topic: The Druze Religion is not a Noachide Religion  (Read 5488 times)

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
The Druze Religion is not a Noachide Religion
« on: May 21, 2014, 03:47:10 PM »
Proffessor Kais Firro from the department of Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Haifa

Explains that the followers of the Druze religion also known as  al-Muwahhidun al Dururz  consider themselves monotheists but believe that God manifests himself in the human form in order to be close to human kind. They believe in the Koran but have their own interpertations.

see video from 3:30 min to 4:40

And since some people have an emotional problem accepting this because Druze serve in the IDF
I will quote a not so well known historical fact:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1838_Druze_attack_on_Safed
The 1838 Druze attack on Safed began on July 5, 1838 during the Druze revolt against the rule of Ibrahim Pasha of Egypt. Tensions had mounted as the Druze captured an Egyptian garrison outside of Safed.[1] The local Safed militia of several hundred was heavily outnumbered by the Druze, and the city was gripped in despair as the militia eventually abandoned the city and the Druze rebels entered the city on July 5.[2] The Druze rebels descended on the Jewish quarter of Safed and, in scenes reminiscent of the Safed plunder four years earlier, spent three days attacking Jews, plundering their homes and desecrating their synagogues.[3][4][5] Some Jews ended up leaving the town, moving south to Jerusalem and Acre.[6] Among them was Israel Beck, whose printing press had been destroyed a second time by the ruffians.[7]

By the 19th-century, the Galilean city of Safed comprised a major Jewish center. It had become a kabbalistic centre during the 16th-century, reaching a size of about 15,000 at its peak. Despite the decline through the 17th and 18th centuries, by the 1830s there were still around 3,500-4,000 Jews living there, comprising at least half the population.[8] The Jews of Safed had been subjected to a prolonged attack in 1834 during the Peasants' Revolt: Over 5,000 Arab peasant rebels had launched a revolt protesting against legislation imposed by the new Egyptian ruler Muhammad Ali and some had used the uprising as an opportunity to attack the Jews. After several months, the Egyptians managed to crush the rebellion and regain control of the county and the Jews of Safed began to rehabilitate themselves. Not long after, Safed was again the scene of devastation when in 1837 a strong earthquake resulted in thousands of deaths and the destruction of many buildings.[9] The northern, Jewish section of the town was almost entirely destroyed.[9] By 1838, the tense relationship between the fellahin and the Egyptian overlords was again mounting[10] and a full-scale Druze revolt erupted in January. In summer of 1838, the Druze captured a heavily outnumbered Egyptian garrison outsideSafed.[1]
The attack
The Jewish population relied on the protection of an Arab governor against the Druze. Dr. Elizer Loewe wrote in his diary:[1]
We huddled together in Rebbe Avraham Dov's house... The women were hysterical and the children crying. The Rebbe asked me to write a note in Arabic to the mayor, pleading with him not to forsake us in this desperate time. I did so, but his answer was mere lip service.
According to Loewe, the mayor and his militia fled the city, and the Jews became Open prey for the ravenous rebels. The Druze rebels were joined by Muslim mob and they looted the Jewish quarters, as the Druze rebels thought the Jews possessed hidden treasures and local Muslims encouraged them to attack. The plunder lasted for 3 days.[2]
During the course of the attack, some Jews were assisted by friendly Arabs.[11] One Arab by the name of Muhammed Mustafa, had helped protect them, lending them money and providing them with food and clothing.[12] This time, Ibrahim Pasha's response was more swift,[13] and after a few days things returned to normal.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
Re: The Druze Religion is not a Noachide Religion
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 08:16:07 PM »
How is it not a Noachide religion? And why does it matter? Should we hate Hindu Zionists because they're not NOachide?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 10:29:55 PM »
How is it not a Noachide religion? And why does it matter? Should we hate Hindu Zionists because they're not NOachide?

I don't think this has to do with hating them... But whether we should be able to trust them with defending the land. Judaism (according to the Torah) does not permit those who engage in Avodah Zarah to have any power in the land of Israel. I have not investigated what edu posted but if this is the case a Kahanist government (which intends on implementing Jewish halacha) would not permit them to fight in the IDF.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 10:56:57 PM »
I don't think this has to do with hating them... But whether we should be able to trust them with defending the land. Judaism (according to the Torah) does not permit those who engage in Avodah Zarah to have any power in the land of Israel. I have not investigated what edu posted but if this is the case a Kahanist government (which intends on implementing Jewish halacha) would not permit them to fight in the IDF.

Wouldn't allow any non-Jew, regardless.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 05:49:26 AM »
Quote from Kyel
How is it not a Noachide religion? And why does it matter?
Believing that G-d has a body violates one of the fundamental beliefs a person should have about the nature of G-d.
A Noachide is supposed to have correct ideas about the nature of G-d and the prophecy of Moshe, and the Torah.
Our ideal is not to turn everyone in the world into Jews, but we do have an ideal of causing all the world to be observant of the Noachide code.
This ideal is low on our list of priorities when it conflicts with other goals of the Jewish people.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 11:28:07 AM »
Thanks for the info. They too must go.
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 03:45:28 PM »
So the Christians have to also go? Hardcore Kahanism is really impractical and impossible to apply in real world situations

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 07:10:57 PM »
So the Christians have to also go? Hardcore Kahanism is really impractical and impossible to apply in real world situations

Kahane did not invent anything. What he brought he brought from the laws which Rambam brought down..

See these laws concerning who can be king in Israel...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/1188343/jewish/Melachim-uMilchamot.htm

http://ravkooktorah.org/BEHAR_67.htm
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 07:28:51 PM »
The laws of Kings has nothing to do with Israel. The Druze are loyal to Israel so why should we kick them out? They aren't a threat like the Psycho Muslims.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 07:49:22 PM »
The laws of Kings has nothing to do with Israel. The Druze are loyal to Israel so why should we kick them out? They aren't a threat like the Psycho Muslims.

The law of Kings relates how Israel should function as a Jewish state. At that time any form of Avodah Zarah will be banished from the Jewish kingdom. Jews must be sovereign in the land in order to fulfill the Jewish mission in the world. Ultimately Jews and righteous gentiles will live in peace in the land.

I am talking from a Jewish religious perspective, which is what I believe Kahanism espouses. If they would just adopt a pure Noachide existence they should have no problem living among the Jews in the Jewish state.

Of course the Israel we have today falls very short of the ideal.

Online Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 09:18:53 PM »

First off I don't like the word "Kahanism" it implies a new movement and such. Rav Kahane himself said not to use it and said he didn't like it.

Anyway from what I remember Rav kahane said that the non-Jews including the Arabs who accept Jewish sovereignty of the land of Israel will be allowed to stay (at least under his government) but they wont be in the army (he was talking about the Arabs at least) but would do work such as building bridges and other work instead for the time (that Jews do in the army). 
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 03:01:15 AM »
If good Jews had the guns, what little Rabbi Kahane said would be easy to implement, and the rest of the "impractical" holy Torah of Hashem would be applied too.

Offline edu

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 08:44:10 AM »
Quote from Tag-MehirTzedek
Anyway from what I remember Rav kahane said that the non-Jews including the Arabs who accept Jewish sovereignty of the land of Israel will be allowed to stay (at least under his government) but they wont be in the army (he was talking about the Arabs at least) but would do work such as building bridges and other work instead for the time (that Jews do in the army).
He might of said such a statement when he was in politics because that was the maximum he thought he could obtain, but he makes clear in his book Ohr Haraayon that on the ideal level, the Torah relates to them like the 7 nations of Canaan.
A friend of mine who was close to Rabbi Kahane asked him why we don't make a campaign about the Druzim.
Rabbi Kahane more or less told him that for pragmatic reasons it was too difficult to raise the issue.
If you read Hebrew you could find out what Rabbi Kahane really felt was the Torah ideal about all these issues. Press on the link http://www.rabbikahane.org/ArticleView.aspx?id=181
Although he says much more about the issue I will quote a brief selection and try to translate it
מלבד קבלת התנאים של מסים ועבדות, הגוי שמותר לו להשלים, חייב להשליך מעליו ע"ז, ובכלל לקבל על עצמו שבע מצוות בני נח, והוא שרוב הפוסקים קוראים גר תושב. כי גוי העובד ע"ז אסור לו לשבת בא"י כלל וכלל, כמו שנאמר (שמות כג:לג): "לא ישבו בארצך פן יחטיאו אֹתך לי, כי תעבֹד את אלהיהם, כי יהיה לך למוקש". החשש מהשפעת הגוי העובד ע"ז על ישראל, הביא את הקב"ה לאסור עלינו לתת לגוים כאלה לשבת בתוכנו בא"י כלל וכלל. וכן נראה לי שכריתת ברית עם עובדי ע"ז, היינו נתינת רשות להם לדור אִתנו בשלום בא"י, היא חילול השם, כי בזה כאילו עשינו שלום עם הע"ז גופא, ח"ו. ונ"ל שזאת כוונת הלקח טוב (שמות כג:לב) האומר: "שאם תכרות להם הרי אתה כורת גם לאלהיהם".
Apart from accepting the terms of taxes and servitude, the Gentile that we are allowed to make peace with must throw off idolatry , including the acceptance of the seven Noahide laws , which the majority of authorities call resident stranger . For a Gentile that worships idolatry he should not dwell in the Land of Israel at all , as it is written (Exodus 23:33): "They shall not dwell in your land lest they cause you to sin to me when you serve their gods , for they will be for you a snare ." The suspicion of the influence of the  gentile who practices idolatry upon Israel, brought the Holy One Blessed be He to forbid us to let these nations dwell with us in the Land of Israel at all. And it similarly it seems to me that forming an alliance with idolaters , that is to say giving permission to dwell  with us in Eretz Yisrael in peace is blasphemy , because through this it is as if we made peace with idolatry itself , G-d forbid . And it appears to me this was the intent of the Lekach Tov (Exodus 23:32) that says "if you make an alliance with them behold you are making an alliance with their gods".
I stress from this quote alone you won't be able to conclude from this all the numerous conditions Rabbi Kahane explained had to be met before the Torah ideally will allow a Gentile to reside in Israel.

Online Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 05:27:38 PM »
"They shall not dwell in your land lest they cause you to sin to me when you serve their gods , for they will be for you a snare ."

Their is no fear of the first part for sure.
  1) Almost all the Druze people are not "Religious" which is part of their religion. Their "Mitzvah" is not to know their religion only until they are very old and are given over its "secrets" and such by another elder, so the people are clueless about anything to do with their religion and their is nothing that is practiced. 
 2) They do not believe in proselytizing and do not allow any new converts. They had a certain day and time and from that time on they say no more new converts. One either became a Druze or they missed the train. Perhaps (I don't know but needs to be clarified) they maybe think that one can become Druze only by being born a Druze and if someone isn't Druze now, maybe they can become Druze in their next lifetime, because they also believe in Reincarnation.

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2014, 11:34:33 PM »
"They shall not dwell in your land lest they cause you to sin to me when you serve their gods , for they will be for you a snare ."

Their is no fear of the first part for sure.
  1) Almost all the Druze people are not "Religious" which is part of their religion. Their "Mitzvah" is not to know their religion only until they are very old and are given over its "secrets" and such by another elder, so the people are clueless about anything to do with their religion and their is nothing that is practiced. 
 2) They do not believe in proselytizing and do not allow any new converts. They had a certain day and time and from that time on they say no more new converts. One either became a Druze or they missed the train. Perhaps (I don't know but needs to be clarified) they maybe think that one can become Druze only by being born a Druze and if someone isn't Druze now, maybe they can become Druze in their next lifetime, because they also believe in Reincarnation.

That's the reason why Torah gives very few reasons as to why to do mitzot, because people will say it won't apply to them. Case in point is Solomon, who said I'll never go stay Egypt or serve other "G-ds", but his love of horses and his plan to convert the world to Judaism by marrying all the princesses led him to do just that. If they are idolaters they must go, neither of us really understand every reason why, but either way Tag, we know that we pay for the actions of anyone else we allow to live on the land, so we're guilty of idolatry if they stay.