Author Topic: Kahanist Rabbi Moshe Parry from LA : Some thoughts on the Kahanes  (Read 1571 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Shalom,

I have posted videos from Rabbi Moshe Parry, whom I have had the pleasure of spending at least 2 (if not 3) Shabbat morning services and kiddushes with. When he made teshuva he feel into the Kahane camp immediately. At that time Rabbi Meir Kahane was famous and many Baal Teshuva's were inspired by his message of Jewish pride and sovereignty.

I will relate the story once again because it teaches a lesson about how people change... When I first made teshuva, in early 2003, I slowly made the transition from the left to the right on political thought. One reason for my making teshuva was my brothers death at the hands of the 9/11 terrorists (among 2 other reasons which I only tell my closest friends).

When I first made teshuva I discovered a 'progressive 'temple'' which was conveniently located about five minutes (20 minutes if I walk) from my home. I had lived here almost five years and I did not realize there was a 'reform/progressive' community nearby. So I hooked up with them and started to go to Friday night services. At the time I was un-employed and quite depressed about it (I was making ends meet with contract programming work) so I had a lot of time.

On many occasions an Orthodox Rabbi who lived around the corner from the shul was doing kiruv (outreach) at the shul. This was my first 'Rabbi' who I set over myself, asking him all kinds of questions. I started to study the Torah portion of the week (Parsha HaShavuah) and the HafTarah portions (the section of the prophets read each week)...

Anyway, this rabbi happened to be the campus rabbi for a local college, which held occasional Shabbatons for the students and members of the community. So I started to go to these Shabbatons, and at a couple of them, Rabbi Parry was davening with us and giving dvar Torahs over the kiddush lunch.

At that time I still was somewhat on the left politically... When I heard what this rabbi was saying it turned me off. I even walked out on him once when he was giving a speech.

But time is strange equation. I cannot fathom that at that time I would see myself today, a total Kahanist in every way. Even though I walked out on Rabbi Parry I am appreciative that I had the opportunity to be in his presence, and he may have planted a seed in my brain which needed time to mature.

Eventually the college replaced my rabbi (who moved down to LA) with a Chabad rabbi whom I respect, but he did not hold Shabbatons like my original rabbi (but I still occasionally get invited to the school). My friends from minyan hooked up with another Chabad rabbi with whom we all have been contributing to his Jewish community for almost four years now.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Kahanist Rabbi Moshe Parry from LA : Some thoughts on the Kahanes
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 01:00:47 AM »
Don't know why that video cut off just as he started the dvar Torah? Gotta ask him why..

Here he appears on the topic of islam...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 01:09:24 AM »
I can only imagine what Rabbi Parry thinks about the slimeball Galloway.... Let us hear what he has to say.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 01:13:16 AM »
Galloway is a big fat bag of english wind...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 01:14:30 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 01:31:46 AM »
Wow, rabbi Parry has a bunch of new videos posted...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 01:35:44 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 01:42:33 AM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 01:49:12 AM »
And finally, for this thread, Rabbi Parry discusses the month of Elul. We just started this final month of the Jewish calendar this week... So this talk is timely (although he recorded it 2 years ago).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 01:59:14 AM »
This was my rabbi who is not a Kahanist himself, a gentle and wise man, and I still keep in touch with him...

Offline Israel Chai

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 02:09:41 AM »
Does he know of JTF?
The fear of the L-rd is the beginning of knowledge

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 02:12:16 AM »
Does he know of JTF?

You know I knew you were going to ask that...

I do not know, as I don't keep in touch with him. I think I will ask the rabbi Kaufman about whether he still speaks with him. Maybe I can contact him by his youtube channel.

He would fit in here....

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 06:59:06 AM »
I used to be friends with him in Facebook until the Barry Chamish supporting posts came along.

Moshe is a good guy but when weird comments follow, it becomes a big turn off. Not good to be wierd and to be a kahanist at the same time imho.

We are wierd enough as we are. (But right)
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein