Author Topic: Curses on the Pork-Eating Israeli Soldier  (Read 3081 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Curses on the Pork-Eating Israeli Soldier
« on: June 03, 2015, 02:50:09 AM »
I am surprised I am the first to comment on this...

While reading the news at IsraelNationalNews I came across the story of an IDF soldier who 'evaded punishment' for eating a pork-sandwich while on duty. I have also heard it suggested that he was giving these pork-sandwiches away to his fellow officers. While it would severely compound the transgression if he were causing his fellow Jews to violate the law of Hashem it still is pretty serious if only he himself was eating it in front of others (even alone).

I am very disappointed that for whatever reason the IDF decided to stop all the punishment which was given to the soldier. The punishment was already made lighter because of fear of public opinion back-lash.

When the law of Hashem is the thing which protects the nation from all the evil forces which challenge her, it seems very sad when a soldier so obviously violates (and don't tell me he didn't know it wasn't kosher) it is a Chillul Hashem before the entire world. Sadly this makes me think that the adherents of islam may be onto something when they uphold the laws which they believe in. While I know we are right and they are wrong I just wish we had a righteous leader in control of Israel.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Curses on the Pork-Eating Israeli Soldier
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 02:57:26 AM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/eating-pork-sandwich-gets-israeli-soldier-in-trouble-1.3096595

A U.S.-born Israeli soldier has been spared from discipline after violating the Israeli military's kosher rules by eating a pork sandwich while in uniform.

The military said Tuesday that the soldier, whose name hasn't been released, "violated rules and regulations," which required him to be disciplined.

However, the Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) decided to rescind an initial 11-day detention after public outcry.

The soldier was at first given an 11-day prison sentence, which was converted to being confined to base for the same duration after relatives talked to the media and a lawmaker wrote to the defence minister about the case.

"Bottom line — we made a mistake," IDF spokesman Brig.-Gen. Moti Almoz said on Facebook regarding the sentence.

"There are tensions in Israeli society, and there are varied positions and opinions. In the IDF, there is room for everyone."

Israel Radio said the soldier, who moved to Israel from Boston recently, was unaware of the army's strict dietary restrictions and was merely snacking on a lunch his secular grandmother had made him.

Israel's army maintains kosher kitchens on its bases.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:35:09 AM »
Don't look into the plate or sandwitch for that matter of another person, it's not your concern what other people choose to eat.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 04:39:26 AM »
"Bottom line — we made a mistake," IDF spokesman Brig.-Gen. Moti Almoz said on Facebook regarding the sentence.

"There are tensions in Israeli society, and there are varied positions and opinions. In the IDF, there is room for everyone."

Lol they speak like an ong working for foreign country trying to delegitimize Jewish patriots , it's now oficial idf working for foreign orgs trying destroy Israel. Hareidim are right not to go in idf they wanna go in a Jewish army not a humanitarian army supplying Israel 's foes.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 06:02:46 AM »
The sandwich and all the ham should have been confiscated and given to the Muslims in the rank.

Then we would have seen a proud reaction by Muslims, who are trying to be the light unto nations (but don't stand a chance to succeed)
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 08:57:45 AM »
....doesn't say how or where he got the oink-oink.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 06:54:14 PM »
His grandma prepared it for him.

Offline Rational Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 08:22:56 PM »
Pork-eating Jew is a pretty rare occurrence. What bothers s me is that a lot of Jews (especially Iranian ones) not only eat seafood but often invite their friends and relatives to seafood restaurants. I'm not defending Jews who eat pork, God Forbid, but at least everyone knows it's a sin to eat it but yet grab and swallow tons of seafood junk.
Jew or Gentile, Black or White - Against Islam we must unite!

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 08:59:18 PM »
  His grandmother made it for him. After this she said she wont make pork sandwiches for him anymore. Before we go around cursing others you should know that their actually are some very ignorant Jews out their. Their consciousness is so removed from knowing that this is wrong.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »
  His grandmother made it for him. After this she said she wont make pork sandwiches for him anymore. Before we go around cursing others you should know that their actually are some very ignorant Jews out their. Their consciousness is so removed from knowing that this is wrong.
I agree with you on this Tag. Imagine how many people don't even know they are Jewish....
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 09:47:41 PM »
He should have accepted his punishment and moved on. Rather than make this sin on the IDF.

Ignorance of the law doesn't excuse one from the repercussions.

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 03:47:17 AM »
"He should have accepted his punishment and moved on"
 Unless the whole story is staged it's why punishment is removed...story sucks..why punishing in the fisrt place maybe they wanted to attract the media everybody knows the media idf burocratia work together to down Israel, idiot work for shabak lazy all day anyway story is suspicious say the least!

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2015, 03:50:28 AM »
If really the idiot was a Jewish patriot he would have minimize the incident that's obvious stead of attracting the israeli media the most anti jewish propaganda machine  there in the world .

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2015, 05:46:00 AM »
In the news !!! Idf intends to reduce the powers of the Military Rabbinate.
That's so gross

Offline Yerusha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2015, 06:02:37 AM »
In the days of pork-advocate Ramatkal Rafael Eitan, this soldier, instead of being punished, would have been given a medal of commendation. There is such a concept in Torah as a "Jewish Swine"!

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2015, 12:02:58 PM »
In the days of pork-advocate Ramatkal Rafael Eitan, this soldier, instead of being punished, would have been given a medal of commendation. There is such a concept in Torah as a "Jewish Swine"!

How would you know what the punishment would or would not be? Ironically you called him a "Jewish swine", yet I heard that he wasn't Halachically Jewish in actuality.

"Eitan left politics in 2001, concentrating on carpentry - he loved to carve rocking horses. He divorced his first wife, Myriam, and married Ofra Meirson. The couple moved to Jerusalem in 1997, where Ofra became a leftist councillor. Remarkably, Raful never discouraged her from protesting against Israel's 18-year occupation of southern Lebanon. Around that time Eitan revealed that his mother was a member of the Christian Subotnik sect, and a descendant of the Russian tsar's bodyguards. Thus the Jewish ultranationalist, according to Rabbinic law, might not have been Jewish. "
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2015, 04:32:24 PM »
Pork-eating Jew is a pretty rare occurrence. What bothers s me is that a lot of Jews (especially Iranian ones) not only eat seafood but often invite their friends and relatives to seafood restaurants. I'm not defending Jews who eat pork, God Forbid, but at least everyone knows it's a sin to eat it but yet grab and swallow tons of seafood junk.

There is truth in this. And something else interesting. Muslims follow the same rule.  Shellfish is ok, but pork isn't.  So I take it that these Persian Jews follow the Hallal tradition which isn't Kosher.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 04:12:26 AM »
  So I take it that these Persian Jews follow the Hallal tradition which isn't Kosher.

There isn't the Hallal tradition in Jewish faith lol

Offline Yehudayaakov

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2015, 04:18:34 AM »
The Jews living in arab lands are like the Arabs; Jews there got same mindset copy arab attitude they are ugly stupid.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2015, 05:32:15 AM »
Why is he any worse than the thousands of uncircumcised Xmas tree bearing  Russians who do the same exact thing?

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2015, 05:35:27 AM »
There is truth in this. And something else interesting. Muslims follow the same rule.  Shellfish is ok, but pork isn't.  So I take it that these Persian Jews follow the Hallal tradition which isn't Kosher.
Most of the Persian Jews I have known keep some degree of kosher & do not use halal.
The ones that are not  100 % religious are like the Sephardim/Eidot HaMizrach here in Israel that call themselves masoratim.
Hey what about the Syrian Jews in Flatbush that daven netz/vasikin just so they can open up their businesses after services & kiddush on shabbos & yom tov?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2015, 04:56:23 PM »
This.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2015, 02:10:42 PM »
I think people should be allowed to eat what they want. If they are sinning then it's on them and they're the ones who would have to answer for it. As long as he's not slipping pork into people's food without their consent I don't see the problem. As long as someone has a free will choice to eat or not eat let them answer for it and let them be.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2015, 07:52:03 AM »
Pork is an unclean animal.   That's why Islam eats it, maybe they want to entice the Jews to eat it too.

Online ChabadKahanist

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2015, 02:41:04 PM »
Pork is an unclean animal.   That's why Islam eats it, maybe they want to entice the Jews to eat it too.
Actually Muslims do not eat pork