Author Topic: Anyone see South Park last night?  (Read 8338 times)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Anyone see South Park last night?
« on: October 18, 2007, 09:57:52 PM »
It's about crazy Muzzie terrorists...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

OZ77

Re: Anyone see South Park last night?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 10:04:59 PM »
that show, despite being incredibly funny, is also extremely anti-semitic

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 10:32:55 PM »
that show, despite being incredibly funny, is also extremely anti-semitic

actually i see it as the opposite...
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 10:49:34 PM »
It may make Jew jokes, it hits about every group though, and it's more in a laid back and funny way, though pushing the limits at times.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 11:07:29 PM »
I don't find South Park anti-semetic. After all, one of the creators is Jewish. I don't see the Jew jokes as making fun of Jews, but rather making fun of the anti-semites. I think many people misunderstand this intention. The same thing happened with Borat. They felt that the movie was very anti-semetic. But Sasha Baron Cohen is Jewish. He was playing the part of an anti-semetic oaf to poke fun at antisemitism, not Jews.

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 11:37:44 PM »
The creator is Jewish by backround, however, surely not Orthodox or Kahanist!

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 12:49:17 AM »
I don't find South Park anti-semetic. After all, one of the creators is Jewish. I don't see the Jew jokes as making fun of Jews, but rather making fun of the anti-semites. I think many people misunderstand this intention. The same thing happened with Borat. They felt that the movie was very anti-semetic. But Sasha Baron Cohen is Jewish. He was playing the part of an anti-semetic oaf to poke fun at antisemitism, not Jews.

Yes Daniel is right.  South Park is anything but anti-Semitic.  Just like the show Drawn Together on Comedy Central.  There are so many Jewish jokes on that show, usually a couple per episode because BOTH the creators and writers of the show are Jews.  Someone who doesn't know that would probably think that the writers were anti-Semites but in fact they are just two good Jews who expose bigotry as being stupid like in South Park. 

I think this applies in South Park EXCEPT with the Muslims and terrorists.  I have a feeling that they are anti-Muslim because they are actually two quite conservative and politically incorrect guys.  Also, Matt Stone is Jewish and is politically incorrect.  You can tell that their portrayal of Muslims is designed to just be truthful and accurate, because it's not exaggerated or unrealistic, they portray the terrorists in exactly the same way they act.  The terrorist in the latest episode who held up the Care Bears head was taken from either the Nick Berg video or another one of the beheading videos. 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 01:11:12 AM »
I thought only one of the writers was Jewish.

Sorry, I was talking about the show "Drawn Together". 
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 01:12:56 AM »
South Park is a free for all...they seek to offend everyone. I don't believe there anti-semitic, at most they portray stereo-types, but i doubt one could lump them together with Al Sharpton...

If you can, I suggest you see the videos they did on Mel Gibson during the controversy over his film The Passion....so offensive and hilarious at the same time. I'm positive you can find it on youtube, but beware it is  not for the prudish or timid.  :D
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2007, 02:13:41 AM »

News flash:  Very few jews are Kahanist Jews...let alone a vast majority have never even heard of Meir Kahane (unfortunately).

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2007, 02:16:22 AM »
South Park is a free for all...they seek to offend everyone. I don't believe there anti-semitic, at most they portray stereo-types, but i doubt one could lump them together with Al Sharpton...

If you can, I suggest you see the videos they did on Mel Gibson during the controversy over his film The Passion....so offensive and hilarious at the same time. I'm positive you can find it on youtube, but beware it is  not for the prudish or timid.  :D

www.mrtwig.net...you can download All of the southpark episodes here.

newman

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2007, 02:22:00 AM »
I like the way they make fun of flappy-headed Canadians. ;D

Kiwi

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2007, 03:22:41 AM »
I wish they would kill Kenny for good  ^-^

newman

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 03:29:52 AM »

I like Kenny!

Or should I have said...." BWA BWA BLL BLL BLL BL BWA"

Kiwi

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 03:47:22 AM »

I like Kenny!

He has more lives that a city full of cats.

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2007, 03:57:50 AM »

I like Kenny!

They don't kill him off every episode like they used to. 

OZ77

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2007, 06:19:03 AM »
It may make Jew jokes, it hits about every group though, and it's more in a laid back and funny way, though pushing the limits at times.

I'm basing my point on the cartmen character, but more so,
I base it on this episode:

season 7 - episode.704 - Cancelled

Episode recap:
With some minor changes the boys are at the bus stop seemingly reliving events that they went through 6 seasons earlier; that is Kyle "kicking the baby" his little brother Ike and Cartman talking about his strange dream, which the other boys identify as visitors. When Chef shows up at the same time he did in the past and they ask him the same questions they did before, they decide that they are in a repeat. They remember it all starting when Cartman had an anal probe. Chef takes the boys to see a proctologist. The doctor seems to find everything is normal with Cartman's donkey, until he activates the button that causes the "alien hoobajoop" to pop out. When the probe retracts, Chef decides they need to take Cartman for some real help. So he takes the boys to see his friend at the space center. Chef explains the situation to his friend Jeff. To get the probe reactivated, Cartman demands that Kyle be the only one to stick his finger in Cartman's donkey. Every time that Kyle gets close to touching his donkey, Cartman farts. The fart jokes go on for a while until Kyle gets pissed off and "charges" his finger right into Cartman's donkey. The probe comes out and starts transmitting a signal into space. Jeff deciphers the message that is being sent and they discover it contains images from Earth. When the transmission is complete, the probe retracts into Cartman's donkey. Jeff theorizes that he could reverse the polarity of the signal, so they could find out what the aliens are sending back. It only serves to draw the aliens to the space center. Chef and the boys escape, but the aliens are in high speed pursuit. In a Dukes of Hazzard style car chase, Chef and the boys escape the aliens; but while Chef is outside the car gloating about his success, the aliens beam up the car and the boys.

The boys awaken to find themselves on board an alien spacecraft orbiting Earth. The head alien guy appears to them in the form of Randy Marsh. When the alien realizes they don't like that form, he starts trying out a number of different forms, hoping they will find one that is acceptable. Chef goes back to the space center to find out if Jeff has figured out what the aliens are up to. Jeff eventually figures out that alien transmission contains binary code. The head alien still hasn't found a form the boys would find acceptable, so he asks them what they want. Cartman suggest that he take the form of a taco "that craps ice cream." The taco tells them that the only reason they wanted to get to them was so they could fix the uplink relay in Cartman's donkey. He is just on 50,000 people in the world with a satellite dish in his rectum. The boys ask why. Are they planning an invasion? The taco tells the boys that they are part of a universe-wide television show. He tells them about their long success with reality television shows. There most successful one is about the Earth. The boys are outraged. Chef and Jeff hold a press conference, where they reveal the content of the message. It's a commercial for the television show Earth. The Earthling's are delighted at the news that they are on TV and they run out of the room in excitement. The aliens fix Cartman's anal probe and is set to return the boys to Earth, when the taco takes a phone call where he finds out that the show has been cancelled. The reason, the Earthlings have found out they are on a TV show, the network feels the ratings will drop as a result. The boys plead with the taco to let them talk to the network executives. The taco tells them that no one has ever successfully gotten the network to un-cancel a show once the phone call has been made.

The intergalactic wrecking crews come in to strike the Earth set. Jeff realizes that they aliens are planning to cancel Earth. Meanwhile the boys get their meeting with the network executives, but first the executives take them lunch. They are told they should be happy that their show lasted 100 episodes. The aliens take the boys to their equivalent of a strip club and then later to a hotel with a prostitute. Jeff theorizes that they could create a computer virus that they could use to disable the alien wrecking crew's ship. Chef tells him that's a stupid idea. At the hotel room with the hooker, Kenny pulls out his Polaroid and takes a compromising picture of the network executives. The boys use the information of what they've seen and Kenny's photographic proof to coerce the network executives to keep the Earth show on the air. The boys promise the aliens that they will deliver them higher ratings than ever, with lots of wars and violence. The boys have returned to the bus stop with their memories erased and the only clue they have that something unusual might have happened to them is the picture Kenny has of two green things sucking each other's shoulders. Chef thinks the picture might be important and they should hold onto it.

the network executive aliens ("Joozians"; see attached picture) are depicted as homosexual drug using deviants,
they speak in heavy jewish accent, and their ugly faces are basically a huge nose with 2 beady eyes

now you tell me, that this is NOT anti-semitic.. 
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 06:28:09 AM by Oz77 »

Kiwi

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2007, 06:37:22 AM »

I like Kenny!

They don't kill him off every episode like they used to. 

I rarely watch it, only on nights when the foxtel is out  :-\

newman

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2007, 06:39:12 AM »
All I can say is "rabble rabble rabble!"

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2007, 08:07:37 AM »

Episode recap:
With some minor changes the boys are at the bus stop seemingly reliving events that they went through 6 seasons earlier; that is Kyle "kicking the baby" his little brother Ike and Cartman talking about his strange dream, which the other boys identify as visitors. When Chef shows up at the same time he did in the past and they ask him the same questions they did before, they decide that they are in a repeat. They remember it all starting when Cartman had an anal probe. Chef takes the boys to see a proctologist. The doctor seems to find everything is normal with Cartman's donkey, until he activates the button that causes the "alien hoobajoop" to pop out. When the probe retracts, Chef decides they need to take Cartman for some real help. So he takes the boys to see his friend at the space center. Chef explains the situation to his friend Jeff. To get the probe reactivated, Cartman demands that Kyle be the only one to stick his finger in Cartman's donkey. Every time that Kyle gets close to touching his donkey, Cartman farts. The fart jokes go on for a while until Kyle gets pissed off and "charges" his finger right into Cartman's donkey. The probe comes out and starts transmitting a signal into space. Jeff deciphers the message that is being sent and they discover it contains images from Earth. When the transmission is complete, the probe retracts into Cartman's donkey. Jeff theorizes that he could reverse the polarity of the signal, so they could find out what the aliens are sending back. It only serves to draw the aliens to the space center. Chef and the boys escape, but the aliens are in high speed pursuit. In a Dukes of Hazzard style car chase, Chef and the boys escape the aliens; but while Chef is outside the car gloating about his success, the aliens beam up the car and the boys.

The boys awaken to find themselves on board an alien spacecraft orbiting Earth. The head alien guy appears to them in the form of Randy Marsh. When the alien realizes they don't like that form, he starts trying out a number of different forms, hoping they will find one that is acceptable. Chef goes back to the space center to find out if Jeff has figured out what the aliens are up to. Jeff eventually figures out that alien transmission contains binary code. The head alien still hasn't found a form the boys would find acceptable, so he asks them what they want. Cartman suggest that he take the form of a taco "that craps ice cream." The taco tells them that the only reason they wanted to get to them was so they could fix the uplink relay in Cartman's donkey. He is just on 50,000 people in the world with a satellite dish in his rectum. The boys ask why. Are they planning an invasion? The taco tells the boys that they are part of a universe-wide television show. He tells them about their long success with reality television shows. There most successful one is about the Earth. The boys are outraged. Chef and Jeff hold a press conference, where they reveal the content of the message. It's a commercial for the television show Earth. The Earthling's are delighted at the news that they are on TV and they run out of the room in excitement. The aliens fix Cartman's anal probe and is set to return the boys to Earth, when the taco takes a phone call where he finds out that the show has been cancelled. The reason, the Earthlings have found out they are on a TV show, the network feels the ratings will drop as a result. The boys plead with the taco to let them talk to the network executives. The taco tells them that no one has ever successfully gotten the network to un-cancel a show once the phone call has been made.

The intergalactic wrecking crews come in to strike the Earth set. Jeff realizes that they aliens are planning to cancel Earth. Meanwhile the boys get their meeting with the network executives, but first the executives take them lunch. They are told they should be happy that their show lasted 100 episodes. The aliens take the boys to their equivalent of a strip club and then later to a hotel with a prostitute. Jeff theorizes that they could create a computer virus that they could use to disable the alien wrecking crew's ship. Chef tells him that's a stupid idea. At the hotel room with the hooker, Kenny pulls out his Polaroid and takes a compromising picture of the network executives. The boys use the information of what they've seen and Kenny's photographic proof to coerce the network executives to keep the Earth show on the air. The boys promise the aliens that they will deliver them higher ratings than ever, with lots of wars and violence. The boys have returned to the bus stop with their memories erased and the only clue they have that something unusual might have happened to them is the picture Kenny has of two green things sucking each other's shoulders. Chef thinks the picture might be important and they should hold onto it.

the network executive aliens ("Joozians"; see attached picture) are depicted as homosexual drug using deviants,
they speak in heavy jewish accent, and their ugly faces are basically a huge nose with 2 beady eyes

It's funny because it is the quintessential self hating Jew...

Offline EagleEye

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 09:07:21 AM »

News flash:  Very few jews are Kahanist Jews...let alone a vast majority have never even heard of Meir Kahane (unfortunately).
Of course, Jewish liberalism is substantial enough that even I don't think it can be swept under the rug.  Jews really need to shift to the right.

OZ77

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 09:34:05 AM »

Episode recap:

It's funny because it is the quintessential self hating Jew...

Is he really a jew? I'm not sure he is
and even so, I'm sure it was very offending for some people to watch

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 08:11:26 PM »
Who has not been made fun of on South Park? Jesus has a local cable public access show and only won a boxing match with satan because satan threw the fight. What about the "dumdumdum" episode about the Mormons. The scientologist show about Tom Cruise coming out of the closet. The American Indian comedy, "hahaha, hahaha". Mel Gibson is usually potrayed as a lunatic, such as the last episode. Maybe not being Jewish I cannot see it but I do not see antisemitism on South Park. After all, Eric Cartman, the character that is the antisemitic pretty much makes fun of antisemitism by his actions. About last nights episode. I believe there is some kind of message there about the terrorists attacking our imagination. We only imagine the good of islam(of course non exists, that's why it is imagination) but the episode ended with the wall exploding that will unleash all the evil imagination, maybe it is just an allegory showing we have so far been incapable or unwilling to imagine and realize just how evil islam really is? Guess we will see when it continues.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

kellymaureen

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 08:13:42 PM »
There was an episode a while back, something having to do with mohammad, and the comedy network refused to run it, I think it came at the peak of either the cartoon riots or the pope riots.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 08:53:50 PM »

I like Kenny!

That was a brilliant line used in one show of 24 to describe Jack Bauer, "He has more lives than a cat!"

Perhaps we should start a poll: Who has more lives? Kenny or Jack Bauer?