Poll

Is circumcision a cruel and unimportant practice?

yes
1 (3.7%)
no
25 (92.6%)
undecided
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Circumcision  (Read 7928 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Circumcision
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2008, 12:04:10 AM »
Of course there are benefits to being circumsized.

You won't have to worry about [censored]

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2008, 12:06:47 AM »
I feel sorry for the babies crying when I see them in videos, but I know it doesn't do any long term harm. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If anything people should be trying to stop females from being cut.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2008, 12:20:07 AM »
I think circumcision is ok for Jews and some other nations who descend from Abraham, alav haShalom. But I oppose it for other Gentiles, except for real medical reasons. I think a true Noahide should not do it, since Abraham who was under the Noahide Laws didn't get it until he was ordered by Hashem.
But the "convert" who questioned it for Jews......hmmmmm if he thought like this at the moment he accepted conversion......he would be rejecting a Torah pasuk and his conversion could be invalid.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2008, 12:26:49 AM »
I feel sorry for the babies crying when I see them in videos, but I know it doesn't do any long term harm. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. If anything people should be trying to stop females from being cut.

Now that I agree, what Muzzies do to 6 year old girls is a disgrace and not one so called human rights groups speak out of this barbarism
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 12:52:29 AM »
ok why are people calling him "the convert" I thought as Jews, we are supposed to treat someone who converted as if they were a Jew and not remind them that they converted?

Offline Scriabin

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 12:53:25 AM »
ok why are people calling him "the convert" I thought as Jews, we are supposed to treat someone who converted as if they were a Jew and not remind them that they converted?

I honestly wonder what Skippy thinks of converts.

Offline FULL METAL JACKET

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 12:55:50 AM »
Whoever made that remark clearly hasn't studied the Torah.
Formely known as "1986"

Offline Khazan

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 12:57:50 AM »

He's just not Jewish enough  :::D

"I keed!" 

That's the mentality of a lot of people on this forum seem to have.  Of course, it's the most religiously repressed who are the kinkiest at best.  Seriously, I'd love to see what some of the "überjews" of the forums have hidden in their closet. 

Offline Khazan

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 01:01:27 AM »

Circumcision is one of the covenantial mitzvot, along with Shabbat and Tefillin.  But just as many jews do not don tefillin or observe Shabbat, do you believe that circumcision has lost it's importance in the modern age as well?

Some people argue that cirucumcision is cruel practice that should not be imposed upon children who are too young to make decisions for themselves.

What kind of convert are you if you say that? You talk more like a self-hating Jew than a convert.

Naturally it was Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim, such a tzadik, he may as well claim direct lineage of Moshe. 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 01:08:58 AM »
Is tough love cruel when it comes down to a family member or child?

I certainly hope not.

Is killing someone who is about to kill you cruel?

Unless you are a leftist self hating idiot, no, it's not cruel.

Circumcision may seem cruel, but you see?  It isn't.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 01:10:34 AM »
How can we tolerate and have such a disgusting question even posed?

Can I make a pole asking - Should murder be permissible? or rape tolerated?

Amen!
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 01:11:16 AM »
and it can prevent AIDS.yes it s true

How on earth can it prevent aids ?

NOT TRUE.
I'm sorry, but in medical school all the years of research that have been done this  has not been proven!

you know?  I dont' care what is or isn't proven.. Jews need to do it..end of story.

Offline spiritus_persona

• Pro JTFer
  • Say NO to Dhimmitude
    • Cultural Jihadist (Warning!  May contain harsh language!)
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 01:31:44 AM »
How can we tolerate and have such a disgusting question even posed?

Can I make a pole asking - Should murder be permissible? or rape tolerated?

It's not that bad of a question.  It's not like we're going into any major details about how it's done.
Me: Muslims get offended too easily.
Muslim: What!?  That is an outrage!  Take that back or I kill you!

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 02:00:57 AM »
I call him the "Convert" b/c, if he had such a thought against Bris at the time he "converted", his conversion might be Hallachically invalid. I have nothing against TRUE converts, they are as Jewish as the native Jews.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2008, 08:18:39 AM »
Some deep stuff!And of course I have had the procedure,let those who don't believe continue in thier dis belief.Tell them and if they turn away,so be it! ;)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2008, 12:19:10 PM »
I call him the "Convert" b/c, if he had such a thought against Bris at the time he "converted", his conversion might be Hallachically invalid. I have nothing against TRUE converts, they are as Jewish as the native Jews.

Are you a Rabbi?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2008, 12:20:34 PM »
I was, and so was my brother and nephew and we are not Jewish.

http://www.circumcisioninfo.com/schoen1.html

Read this, Circumcision is healthy for boys as they grow up to be men
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2008, 12:22:24 PM »
its intersting how Brit Millah (circumsionson) was first started by Jews  and the whole world hated the idea of a circumsionion they banned Jews from having circumcisions. but today the whole world gets a circumcision, mulsim copied us, and doctors have said its a halt procedure.

That's not completely true, circumcision isn't very commonly practiced in eastern europe, not sure about the rest of europe. In America it's common because of claims of medical reasons, now the thread poster said that he didn't see any medical evidence of circumcision. I'm not against circumcision for Jews because it's part of our faith, but for gentiles, theres a lot of controversy over gentiles and their kids. I don't think gentiles should be forced to have it and can understand why they would be upset about it.

But yeah I think there are a few European states that actually ban circumcision. I don't think it's very common in Asia either.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2008, 12:32:43 PM »

Are you a Rabbi?

No, not even a Jew. But when I aimed to convert I learned that, if the convert rejects one Torah Law at the moment of the conversion, it's invalid. And if it is later known, the conversion can be anulled. However, if he accepted all the Torah sincerely but had ulterior reasons to convert and hid them from the Beis Din, the conversion is still valid. I only suggested that he should consult an authority if he disagreed with Bris for children, even if he accepted it on him......
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 12:34:54 PM by Raulmarrio2000 »