Author Topic: JTF MEMBERS: TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU DEBATE THE ISSUES IN HERE OUTSIDE ???  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
I am quite curious to see to what extent do you debate the issues that are in this forum?

1)Do you stand up in the middle of the street with a megaphone to preach about JTF or do you keep your views to yourself unless someone asks you about them ?

2)On a more personal side: Do you talk about JTF on your first date with a Girl/Boy? If so what happens if they have a different point of view ?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 02:49:17 PM by Merkava »
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Re: JTF MEMBERS: TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU DEBATE THE ISSUES IN HERE OUTSIDE ???
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 02:30:08 PM »
I personally take the ideas expressed on both ends and ask and present it to the other side and get their responses. Members of my family are liberal on Israeli policy. Many times, when discussing Israel, I will present concepts from JTF and ask them questions and get their responses. I'll also sometimes take certain points made by my father and ask it on here or on Ask JTF and get responses on here. I think the best way at being able to find your own conclusions with a better understanding is to ask questions of the opposing side and play devil's advocate, not in a hostile or demeaning way, but just as a way of challenging the other side to get their responses in a way that better helps you understand your own views.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 02:59:25 PM by Daniel »

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 02:47:05 PM »
I raise issues in my religious studies class and we discuss things.

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 03:07:10 AM »
Interesting...but do you ever discuss these topics when you are out von your 1st date ?

kellymaureen

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 06:39:49 AM »
Mostly with people I work with, my family are all like me.
I wouldnt date anyone who had views that were extremely  different than mine.

Offline Dexter

• Master JTFer
  • צֶדֶק צֶדֶק, תִּרְדֹּף
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 06:41:28 AM »
With my teachers and some of my freinds (who bearly know somthing about politics..).
Not a foreign land we took and not with foreign possession but a land that belong to our ancestors that was occupied without a trial. And when we had the opportunity, we took our land back.
-Shimon Maccabee's answer to Antiochus VII Sidetes.

"When fighting monsters, be wary not to become one... When you gaze into the abyss, it also gazes into you."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 07:01:18 AM »
I speak about the issues on JTF with my best friends, my parents and with the other members on our German website. I try to capture the thoughts of the JTF shows and the discussions on the forum and try to flow them in our discussions.

But to speak on the street about all issues from the JTF-shows is no good idea in my country. I am shure, that you will be arrested by the police, when you will do a JTF-show in public. :(

But the Internet is wonderful - Free speech! :) 
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 07:17:40 AM »
I speak about the issues on JTF with my best friends, my parents and with the other members on our German website. I try to capture the thoughts of the JTF shows and the discussions on the forum and try to flow them in our discussions.

But to speak on the street about all issues from the JTF-shows is no good idea in my country. I am shure, that you will be arrested by the police, when you will do a JTF-show in public. :(

But the Internet is wonderful - Free speech! :) 
yes in Europe you can get in trouble for disscussing JTF.I discuss it with everyone some people think i'm nuts others agree and want to know more
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 08:12:39 AM »
I am quite curious to see to what extent do you debate the issues that are in this forum?

1)Do you stand up in the middle of the street with a megaphone to preach about JTF or do you keep your views to yourself unless someone asks you about them ?

2)On a more personal side: Do you talk about JTF on your first date with a Girl/Boy? If so what happens if they have a different point of view ?

Oh my gosh..niether of those....

I try to feel out for people who have similar views as me and who are just as passionate..then I subtly tell them about the website and for them to check it out. Some reject the idea by saying they are not into politics...and i back off.  Others, i'll send them the video...and some will say too nuts..and others have liked it...Oddly enough, the ones that like the videos are pretty nutty people with a screw or two loose...

Bottom line..nobody like prostelyzers..nobody like missionaries...I advise against the whole megaphone flyer passing attitude thing...I advise mixing in with other normal people who ahve differing more liberal views..become part of the crowd...make your friends...gain their trust..and then tell them, "ooo, look at this cool video I came across..I think this guy has a good point on a bunch of things."

I'll just follow it up with that if I were dating someone and we did talk about politics I woudl speak my mind as I would hope she would also..and if we really disagreed, it's not a big deal.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 09:11:44 AM by dannycookie57 »
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Kiwi

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 08:59:59 AM »
I take it to another Israeli based forum, Iran based forum and two international Military based forums.

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 09:15:19 AM »
I take it to the street  O0

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »
I mainly discuss these things with family members. Sometimes friends. But I work with a LOT of liberals and it would just end up being a huge shouting match. So I usually only make comments when those liberals step WAYYYY over the line and say something really stupid.
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 11:26:22 AM »
I talk to people, not just on the forum,  sometimes when I am with people I try to bring up a topic that would relate with JTF and I am a very strong debater.   And by doing that I can have the ability to convince.  Cause common sense is a weapon in any debate along with backing up your point by putting fact before opinions.   I want to have eventually a JTf ad in some few newspapers in both English and if anyone that speaks Hebrew fluently to put ads in a Jewish newspaper.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 03:55:06 PM »
I concur with Mr.DannyCookie

I prefer not to talk about politics & religion with friends. There arent many Jews where I live and the ones that I know are Reformed. The minute I told them I wanted to join the IDF they told me it would not be a gd idea  :(

Most of my friends are quite liberal and its silly to fall out over a difference of opinion when it comes to politics & religion except if someone makes a negative remark about Israel or the Jews.

In regards to dates...I always keep it light & funny. I avoid heavey subjects  :)

But if I was to settle down I would need someone who understands that peace is not possible w/ the Muzzies.

Bottom line..nobody like prostelyzers..nobody like missionaries...I advise against the whole megaphone flyer passing attitude thing...I advise mixing in with other normal people who ahve differing more liberal views..become part of the crowd...make your friends...gain their trust..and then tell them, "ooo, look at this cool video I came across..I think this guy has a good point on a bunch of things."

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 03:56:26 PM »
too much, see the story about my Hebrew class yelling at me....
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 04:04:32 PM »
I concur with Mr.DannyCookie

I prefer not to talk about politics & religion with friends. There arent many Jews where I live and the ones that I know are Reformed. The minute I told them I wanted to join the IDF they told me it would not be a gd idea  :(

Most of my friends are quite liberal and its silly to fall out over a difference of opinion when it comes to politics & religion except if someone makes a negative remark about Israel or the Jews.

In regards to dates...I always keep it light & funny. I avoid heavey subjects  :)

But if I was to settle down I would need someone who understands that peace is not possible w/ the Muzzies.

It's Dr. Dannycookie ;) Thanks for the props.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 04:07:50 PM »
Gotcha Doc.

Yes...I just lay low w/ politics. Best way ! G-d bless I found this forum. Definetley the best one to debate. 

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 06:12:32 PM »
Sometimes I tell my neighbors about the forum.  I know of one who still watches "The Best of JTF" shows on QPTV.  When I see him, we talk about it.

Offline mosquewatch

• Master JTFer
    • MosqueWatch
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 07:26:04 PM »
Every one of us should plug this forum and speak out. On more than one occasion I've called a few liberals at work idiots too their face. At the supermarket, or walmart, or at the mall if I here people speaking about the Middle east or other things, I jump right in and give them facts. Just of note their is a pakistani woman that works where I do, saying how bad she felt about Daniel Pearl etc. I simply said, "Where ever islam goes, death follows." On that note, I'd like too make some small cards of with the JTF label on them and just place them where people could pick them up ( The restrooms maybe ? ). I'd have to do it without letting on who I am, because I'd probably get written up for not supporting "Diversity"
No peace, without FREEDOM.