Author Topic: Ever been fooled by somebody?  (Read 4734 times)

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
Ever been fooled by somebody?
« on: October 28, 2007, 10:14:12 PM »
Did you ever meet somebody, and you take them at face value.  But they turn out to be something way different?  And really get you surprise? 

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Ever been fooled by somebody?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 10:15:02 PM »
Never,to wise for that!LOL :)

Offline The Shadow

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 10:16:27 PM »
yeah yeah Wayne, horse manor

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 10:25:02 PM »
Joking manor!Of course, and I cant stand those who are fakes! O0

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 11:01:50 PM »
I just had a young black kid, maybe 22, come and knock on my apartment door a little over an hour ago. He stuck out his hand and said "Jarrid."

Before he could say anything else I told him (in a nice way) that "if this is about selling something, I have no money." With that said he left.

But now I worry that he may have been casing my place.

He had weak hands and so if he and I end up in a "situation" I know I can take him out. But still, it just creeps me out to have something like that happen and now have to worry if my place will be safe when I'm not there.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 11:04:35 PM »
DTA!Dont thrust anyone but God! :)

Joe Schmo

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 11:05:43 PM »
I just had a young black kid, maybe 22, come and knock on my apartment door a little over an hour ago. He stuck out his hand and said "Jarrid."

Before he could say anything else I told him (in a nice way) that "if this is about selling something, I have no money." With that said he left.

He had weak hands and so if he and I end up in a "situation" I know I can take him out. But still, it just creeps me out to have something like that happen and now have to worry if my place will be safe when I'm not there.

He's taking note of when people are home and when they're not.

You're exactly right, he's casing the joint.

Just put a sign on the door that reads, 'trespassers SHOT on sight.'  (Better write that in Ebonics as well.)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 11:07:21 PM by Scriabin »

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 11:06:45 PM »
DTA....again!

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 11:07:31 PM »
But one is left with no choice in this world except to trust others. I don't like it that that's so, but that's how it is.

Kiwi

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 11:11:06 PM »
Did you ever meet somebody, and you take them at face value.  But they turn out to be something way different?  And really get you surprise? 

Yes many times, I tend to trust what is told to me. I haven't become bitter and twisted just yet.

8;)

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2007, 11:12:35 PM »
Maybe its coming Infidel!LOL ;) :)

Kiwi

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2007, 11:14:33 PM »
Maybe its coming Infidel!LOL ;) :)

Yes maybe quicker than one expects.  :::D

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2007, 11:15:14 PM »

Just put a sign on the door that reads, 'trespassers SHOT on sight.'  (Better write that in Ebonics as well.)

Hmm if I put that sort of sign out then he'll know that I'm a gun owner, and then hit the place when he knows I'm gone.

If he does try something, I can only hope that he goes for it when I'm home. I bought a set of brass knuckles recently and those would do such a slick job ... though I really pray there's no trouble as my nerves are shot enough as is without going through something like that and with court appearances and such.

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 11:16:51 PM »
Do you want a piece of me girl? >:(

Kiwi

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 11:26:06 PM »
Do you want a piece of me girl? >:(

Hmmm maybe your Kidney I can flog it on Ebay  ^-^

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 11:29:48 PM »

Just put a sign on the door that reads, 'trespassers SHOT on sight.'  (Better write that in Ebonics as well.)

Hmm if I put that sort of sign out then he'll know that I'm a gun owner, and then hit the place when he knows I'm gone.

If he does try something, I can only hope that he goes for it when I'm home. I bought a set of brass knuckles recently and those would do such a slick job ... though I really pray there's no trouble as my nerves are shot enough as is without going through something like that and with court appearances and such.
honestly I doubt he shows up again, but if he does, too bad for him
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 11:29:55 PM »
But really be safe.Use your brains to out wit the enemy.Leave your tele on.Most don't ect! :)

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 11:32:55 PM »

welcome to life, Shadow...of course who hasn't been fooled?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Wayne Jude

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 11:34:39 PM »
Be safe! ;) :)

Offline Merkava

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 04:56:36 AM »
Yes !

All of my arab/muslim/nazi friends
"We are in 1938, and Iran is Germany"

kellymaureen

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 05:01:36 AM »
Yes, Im far too trusting ;)

newman

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 05:22:43 AM »
Yes, Im far too trusting ;)

It would be a better world if ALL women who looked like you were too trusting. ;)

Boeregeneraal

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 05:35:47 AM »
Yes, damn blacks!!! MANY MANY times! Dangerous times.

Anyway, one thing that makes black VEEEERY scared, is SNAKES! In SA, one would put up signs saying "Beware of Snakes". It worked! Mayby u should make one, or buy it if they dont sell it.

Im a bit worried, hae to scare u an all, but i have to mention, u say he's a weak basterd?. Ok, that's a problem, because he knows weak, and so, would accomodate a weapon in turn, gun or knife etc?

That's a good suggestion with the TV!
Keeping lights on might also be a good idea.
Electronic systems aare a good idea, if you plan to stay there for some time.

Damn blacks!!!!!

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »
lou13ss - thanks for the support! ;)

Christianwhiter - yes maybe I should do something along that line. I have a plug adapter gizmo that I can set to make lamps and stuff go on and off ... but I wonder if anyone really is that dumb to be fooled by such a thing. Hmm.

I googled "Lasershield reviews" and read some stuff on those. It's basically 1980's technology and they sell for $200.00 at CompUSA. The reviews were a bit of a mixed bag, with some saying that the device is a bit too much for what it is while others raved about it.

Hmm I'll have to give it some thought and then maybe go out and buy one today. It's kinda good that with these LaserShields one can at least pack it up and use it some other place and, too, one can pay $20.00 per month and hook it up so that a security service is alerted. I can't afford that so I'd just go with the alarm which is said to be 105 decibels. Some folks wrote reviews saying the alarm isn't loud enough, but for my small apartment I think it would be, as other tenants I'm sure would hear it. Also, all the folks that wrote reviews said these things can be set up in just minutes, so that's good.

Boeregeneraal -- yes, snakes would do the trick I'm sure. LOL. It reminds me of this house from my childhood in which the people put a sign out front that said "Beware of Japanese Red Bats". And so what they had was a bird cage in their backyard that had two little red bats hanging by a string. But hey, maybe the gag actually worked... :D

Offline guyNbluejeans

• Full JTFer
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 11:10:46 AM »
Should have also said ... that the "red bats" were little baseball bats, not the furry animal kind. :)

And thanks for the heads up about the guy likely wanting to compensate his weaklingness with weapons, I'm sure he would.

I might add that I could be overreacting with my concerns in this instance, it's just that I watched a lot of those "black on white crime" clips on YouTube and ... consider crap that I've seen blacks do with my own eyes in real life situations, and so it just kinda creeps me out as to what his intentions were/are. >:(