Author Topic: Buchanan on radio  (Read 6076 times)

Offline davkakach

• Pro JTFer
Buchanan on radio
« on: August 24, 2006, 03:21:42 PM »
http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/006278.html

Buchanan on radio

I just listened to Patrick Buchanan being interviewed by radio host John Gambling about his book State of Emergency. Buchanan’s message regarding the immigration threat is bracingly strong, but also disconcertingly confused. There was no clear and consistent message or call to action, but a grab-bag of often contradictory complaints. First he talked about immigration. Then he switched into complaining that we’re not trying to assimilate the immigrants. Well, then, which is it—immigration or insufficient assimilation? (Not that we couldn’t do both, reduce or stop immigration and return to strong assimilationist policies, but the problem is that 99 percent of those who focus on unadequate assimilation as the problem also say that immigration is not a problem; they assume that the immigrants all assimilable, when they’re not. Therefore to start complaining about weak assimilationist policies in the midst of an attack on immigration diffuses the anti-immigration argument.) Then he went into his riff about low Western birth rates and that whole doom and gloom scenario, with its implication that we can’t do anything to stop immigration until the native birth rate is increased. So, what do we do in the meantime? Then he switched to the problem of illegals. So, is the problem illegal immigration, or immigration as a whole? Then he said that America is finished. But if America is finished, what’s the point of talking about it? Does he think we can stop and reverse the immigration and save America, or not?

A further potential contradiction is his position on Muslims. In recent years Buchanan has established a record for himself as a major appeaser of Islam, denying that it represents a threat to us, arguing that at all costs we must avoid a civilizational conflict with Islam, and publishing an article claiming that Islamic terrorism is not real but an image manufactured by neoconservatives. He passionately attacked the European newspapers that bravely stood up to Muslim intimidation by publishing the Muhammad cartoons, and he has said we must “win the hearts and minds” of Muslims rather than confront them. Winning hearts and minds, avoiding civilizational conflict—this obviously implies that we must not criticize or seek to reduce Muslim immigration, let alone repatriate sharia-supporting Muslims. In fact, Buchanan seems to be saying that America’s problem is Hispanic immigration, while Europe’s problem is Muslim immigration. This bifurcation of the problem—allowing Buchanan to come across as a patriot defending America even as he continues to appease jihad-waging Muslims—will not do.

He ended however on a strong note. When Gambling asked him, would the massive changes he is describing in the Southwest be a good or a bad thing, Buchanan said he believes in nation, believes in sovereignty, believes in borders, believes in the country America has been, and that all of that is imminently threatened by immigration and particularly Bush’s amnesty bill. He said America is in an existential crisis.

-------------------------

Buchanan...  another Jew-hating, Moslem-appeasing, phony right-winger like Le Pen.
Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil.   --Thomas Mann

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
Re: Buchanan on radio
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2006, 09:42:09 PM »
You have to understand Buchanan is a Jew-hater and everything else is subordinate to this. Yes, he knows what the Muslims will do but if a group will hurt Jews he loves them no matter the threat to himself
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 09:55:58 PM »
Could somebody point me to where the evidence is of Pat Buchanan's anti-Semitism?  I am not a supporter or anything like that, I just want to know.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline habiru

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 05:41:43 PM »
ON JEWS:

Buchanan referred to Capitol Hill as "Israeli-occupied territory."
(St. Louis Post Dispatch, 10/20/90)

During the Gulf crisis: "There are only two groups that are beating
the drums for war in the Middle East -- the Israeli defense ministry and
its 'amen corner' in the United States." ("McLaughlin Group," 8/26/90)

In a 1977 column, Buchanan said that despite Hitler's anti-Semitic and
genocidal tendencies, he was "an individual of great courage...Hitler's
success was not based on his extraordinary gifts alone. His genius was an
intuitive sense of the mushiness, the character flaws, the weakness
masquerading as morality that was in the hearts of the statesmen who stood
in his path." (The Guardian, 1/14/92)

Writing of "group fantasies of martyrdom," Buchanan challenged the
historical record that thousands of Jews were gassed to death by diesel
exhaust at Treblinka: "Diesel engines do not emit enough carbon monoxide
to kill anybody." (New Republic, 10/22/90) Buchanan's columns have run in
the Liberty Lobby's Spotlight, the German-American National PAC newsletter
and other publications that claim Nazi death camps are a Zionist
concoction.

Buchanan called for closing the U.S. Justice Department's Office of
Special Investigations, which prosecuted Nazi war criminals, because it was
"running down 70-year-old camp guards." (New York Times, 4/21/87)

Buchanan was vehement in pushing President Reagan -- despite protests
-- to visit Germany's Bitburg cemetery, where Nazi SS troops were buried.
At a White House meeting, Buchanan reportedly reminded Jewish leaders that
they were "Americans first" -- and repeatedly scrawled the phrase
"Succumbing to the pressure of the Jews" in his notebook.  Buchanan was
credited with crafting Ronald Reagan's line that the SS troops buried at
Bitburg were "victims just as surely as the victims in the concentration
camps." (New York Times, 5/16/85; New Republic, 1/22/96)

After Cardinal O'Connor criticized anti-Semitism during the
controversy over construction of a convent near Auschwitz, Buchanan wrote:
"If U.S. Jewry takes the clucking appeasement of the Catholic cardinalate
as indicative of our submission, it is mistaken. When Cardinal O'Connor of
New York seeks to soothe the always irate Elie Wiesel by reassuring him
'there are many Catholics who are anti-Semitic'...he speaks for himself. Be
not afraid, Your Eminence; just step aside, there are bishops and priests
ready to assume the role of defender of the faith." (New Republic,
10/22/90)

The Buchanan '96 campaign's World Wide Web site included an article
blaming the death of White House aide Vincent Foster on the Israeli
intelligence agency, Mossad -- and alleging that Foster and Hillary
Clinton were Mossad spies. (The campaign removed the article after its
existence was reported by a Jewish on-line news service; Jewish Telegraphic
Agency, 2/21/96.)

In his September 1993 speech to the Christian Coalition, Buchanan
declared: "Our culture is superior.  Our culture is superior because our
religion is Christianity and that is the truth that makes men free." (ADL
Report, 1994)

Offline habiru

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 05:43:01 PM »
Pat Buchanan, His Fans, and Anti-Semitism   
By Jamie Glazov
FrontPageMagazine.com | January 25, 2002

MY RECENT REVIEW of Pat Buchanan’s new book, The Death of the West, has triggered some angry letters from Buchanan supporters.

Offended at various remarks that I made, my critics are mostly upset at my implication that Buchanan is a racist. One reader writes to me,

"Your paranoid feelings are coming out. I read Buchanan’s book, The Death of the West, and I do not get out of it any racial feelings."

For a person to read The Death of the West and not "get out of it any racial feelings" is unquestionably quite a feat. This is like spending an entire day hanging around with members of the flat earth society and never getting the hint that something might be a little bit, well, not altogether right.

I have studied Pat Buchanan’s philosophy of life for quite a while. Aside from his anti-communism and Catholicism, both of which I deeply respect, his views on other issues do more than just raise my eyebrows. There is one particular realm of Buchanan’s world vision that troubles me the most. I would like to take this opportunity to offer all the Buchanan supporters a summary of this realm. It will probably serve as a great inspiration to them.

Let’s begin with an illuminating fact: if you read the criticisms of my review in the Go Postal section, you will find that several Buchanan supporters keep accusingly inquiring if I am a Jew. What does this say about them?

Let me give you a clue:

Buchanan wrote a real charming book before The Death of the West. In A Republic, Not An Empire, he denied that Adolf Hitler had any malicious intentions toward the West, let alone toward the Jews living there. He also argued that Hitler was forced into pursuing the Final Solution because of British and American intervention in the war. Buchanan’s implication, in other words, was that Hitler wasn’t really responsible for what he did.

Buchanan has described Hitler as a "genius" and "an individual of great courage, a soldier's soldier in the Great War."

What feelings or beliefs would motivate a person to make such a tribute to Hitler?

Buchanan’s words have always implied that, if Hitler had only entertained designs on Eastern European Jews for his Final Solution, and that as long as this did not affect American interests, then America had no obligation to intervene on purely humane grounds. That’s what Buchanan’s "America First" policy is all about.

I can’t help from wondering: what exactly is Buchanan saying about the Holocaust?

Buchanan has also shown an obsessive predilection for defending accused Nazi war criminals, every one of whom somehow appear to be innocent in his eyes.

What rests behind a man’s passion to distinguish himself in this light?

During his infamous defense of John Demjanjuk, Buchanan claimed that Demjanjuk was not the guard he was alleged to be at Treblinka. Buchanan turned out to be right: Demjanjuk was a guard in a different concentration camp.

The non-existence of a forthcoming Buchanan apology on Demjanjuk implied that Buchanan believed that he had actually won on this issue.

During his defense of Demjanjuk, Buchanan made the intriguing statement that the diesel gas fumes used at Treblinka could not have killed anyone. These diesel gas fumes were used not only at Treblinka, but also at a number of other death camps. Hundreds of thousands of Jews died in these camps. If these victims did not die from diesel gas fumes, then how and why did they die? Would Buchanan be willing to expose his family members, as well as himself, to the same fumes in order to demonstrate his point?

During Ronald Reagan’s presidential visit to the Bitburg cemetery in Germany, Buchanan wrote, for Reagan's controversial speech, that the Germans buried there, who included members of SS units and Nazis who participated in Hitler's extermination of the Jews, were "victims of the Nazis just as surely as the victims in concentration camps."

Fascinating.

Buchanan has also compared the Nazi camps with those set up by Gen. Eisenhower for German prisoners of war. This is a comparison between POWs being held because they are an enemy in war and a group of people who are liquidated because of their race.

Buchanan has drawn a parallel between Andrei Sakharov, the great Soviet dissident who was persecuted for, among other things, his courage in standing up for human rights in a totalitarian regime, and Arthur Rudolph, a German rocket scientist who admitted his involvement with slave labor and other atrocities of the Nazi regime.

Why would Buchanan do this?

During the Gulf War, Buchanan charged that the American intervention was caused by a Jewish conspiracy, which consisted of American Jews conspiring with the Israeli Defense Ministry. On other occasions, he has talked about the "Holocaust survivor syndrome" which, in his view, involves "group fantasies of martyrdom and heroics." During these particular interpretations, he put himself in the same league with Holocaust deniers and Holocaust perpetrators by using their favorite vocabulary.

Holocaust deniers consistently talk about the "Jewish conspiracy," that pathological fantasy that involves the Jewish control of the media and the banks, the Jewish assault on culture, the Jewish poisoning of the Aryan race, etc. We've heard this all before: in Mein Kampf and in the terminology of Nazi spokesmen who engineered Auschwitz, Dachau, Buchenwald and, yes, Treblinka.

What is it that possesses a man to use this vocabulary when he knows full well the ugly context in which it has already been used?

After being confronted about the anti-Semitic implications of his words, Buchanan has stated, several times: "I don't retract a single word."

Not a single word? Not even a single one?

Why?

Perhaps Buchanan’s fans can enlighten me.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 07:36:22 PM »
WOW!!!  I had no idea. Consider me convinced ::)  See, I would hear Buchanan on talk shows or read newspaper articles and it seemed his head was on right.  But, unfortunately, it is not totally there.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 08:44:44 PM »
Patrick J.(stands for Jew-hater) Buchanan:
Pat Buchanan is one of America's most highly educated historians, and arguably might be our foremost composer of succinct, articulate, and intellectual written political commentary.

Patrick Buchanan is usually "right on target" in his unquestionably patriotic conservatism; always relying on a "strict constructionist" Constitutional platform, an "America First" domestic policy, and his truly awe-inspiring command of historical research and journalistic skills.

However, Mr. Buchanan has one "fatal flaw":  he HATES Jews with a most rabid case of "Gentlemen's Anti-Semitism".
Pat constantly rebukes his critics with the words "...I am NOT an anti-Semite...I have LOTS of Jewish friends...".  His answer is 100% correct; Arabs and other Middle Eastern peoples are Semites, and he DOES consider as his friends many in public life of Jewish descent who have absolutely no use for either Jews or The State Of Israel.  If my information is correct, my understanding is that Mr. Buchanan's mother is from Bavaria.  He is a fanatical Roman Catholic.  Go figure.  Mysteries never cease.

MassuhDGoodName
Out

yephora

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 04:51:30 PM »
Davkakach wrote: In recent years Buchanan has established a record for himself as a major appeaser of Islam

Not surprising, when you think about it. Buchanan's fondest wish is to see Israel destroyed in his lifetime. The Islamaniacs offer his best hope. The old "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" philosophy.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 02:08:34 PM »
Re:  "...Could somebody point me to where the evidence is of Pat Buchanan's anti-Semitism? ..."

NO.

BECAUSE HE'S NOT AN ANTI-SEMITE.

HE LOVES ARABS WHO KILL JEWS, AND ARABS ARE SEMITES ALSO.

PAT BUCHANAN IS A JEW HATER !

(Always remember:  The "J" in Patrick J. Buchanan stands for "JEW-HATER")

yephora

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 04:37:22 PM »
MassuhDGoodName wrote: (one above).

Oh please, not that worn out canard.
The expression "anti-semitism" is the common term for, and is traditionally synonymous with, Jew-hate.
Odd that you should take up a specious Arab argument. When (rightly) accused of anti-semitism Arab sympathizers try to diffuse the accusation with the comeback "Arabs are Semites too. How can they be against themselves?"

Anti-Semitism = Anti-Jew.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 04:42:48 PM by yephora »

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2006, 07:11:49 PM »
Re:  a senior JTF member writes:

"...The expression "anti-semitism" is the common term for, and is traditionally synonymous with, Jew-hate"

I agree with you 100%.
However, these are unusual times, in which the haters of Jews have now in their ranks thousands of highly educated (at least, formally) people, who "hide" behind that ridiculous canard when interviewed live on NPR, CNN, ABC, and on every other talk format media worldwide.
If one chooses to debate them and win the debate, then they must be "called on the carpet" for exactly who and what they are; leaving no possible ambiguities with which the Jew Haters of 2006 can pose as simply "Anti-Israel NOT Anti-Semitic" / "Anti-Zionist NOT Anti-Jewish", etc.... .
This canard is exactly the one Buchanan uses publicly in claiming that he is not anti-Semitic.
The vast majority of Nazi groups today run highly financed legal corporations, host beautiful websites, and subtly brainwash undiscerning minds.
I maintain that new and more effective means of winning our argument are imperative today, as our foes no longer resemble brownshirts who are adept at street fighting.
When a Ph.D in "International Relations" faces us down in an auditorium filled with 5000 people, they will always argue that they are in no away anti-Semitic in opposing the right of Israel to exist.
Let us therefore agree with him, and PROVE beyond any shadow of doubt that hating all Semites is anti-Semitism, while hating Jews results in their denying the Jewish People the right to national self-determination in our own ancestral homeland.
Questioning the inviolable rights of the Jewish People to total ownership of the Land Of Israel is nothing short of genocidal Jew-hatred.
If Torah is a lie, and Ha'Shem did not make an eternal covenenat with the Jews, then Christianity and Islam are also 100% complete lies.
Those in favor of "Palestine" are in fact telling the world that Christianity and Islam both have no right to exist and must be destroyed.
By logical extension, Druzim, Ba'hai, Sufism, Catholicism, and every offshoot of Protestantism are total falsehoods and based on lies.
Simple, isn't it?

MassuhDGoodName
Out

yephora

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 08:53:03 PM »
The above simplified:

Buchanan is an anti-semite; specifically, anti-Jew.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 11:16:43 PM »
The argument that if someone supports Arabs they're not anti-Semitic is a pathetic strawman. I don't buy it. Pat Buchanan is an anti-Semite in the traditional understanding of the term. His articles appear on David Duke's website. Enough said.

wonderfulgoy

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2006, 04:05:02 PM »
Athiest German nationalists invented the term Anti-Semitism because they didn't believe in Christianity anymore so they couldn't call Jews "Christ killers" anymore. So they invented Anti-Semitism, hatred of Jews base on race. That was in The 1800's around the time of the likes of Richard Wagner, YM"S.

I am so glad you are a voice of reason around here.

Any idea that Jewishness is a 'racial' characteristic is insane.  Inheriting a Jewish soul from one's Jewish mother has nothing to do with race

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2007, 05:53:52 PM »
In recent years Buchanan turned left when he ran for president the last time he received the endorsement of fred newmans cult of which lenora falani is vice head of the cult
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 09:52:37 AM »
Re:  a senior JTF member writes:

"...The expression "anti-semitism" is the common term for, and is traditionally synonymous with, Jew-hate"

I agree with you 100%.
However, these are unusual times, in which the haters of Jews have now in their ranks thousands of highly educated (at least, formally) people, who "hide" behind that ridiculous canard when interviewed live on NPR, CNN, ABC, and on every other talk format media worldwide.
If one chooses to debate them and win the debate, then they must be "called on the carpet" for exactly who and what they are; leaving no possible ambiguities with which the Jew Haters of 2006 can pose as simply "Anti-Israel NOT Anti-Semitic" / "Anti-Zionist NOT Anti-Jewish", etc.... .
This canard is exactly the one Buchanan uses publicly in claiming that he is not anti-Semitic.
The vast majority of Nazi groups today run highly financed legal corporations, host beautiful websites, and subtly brainwash undiscerning minds.
I maintain that new and more effective means of winning our argument are imperative today, as our foes no longer resemble brownshirts who are adept at street fighting.
When a Ph.D in "International Relations" faces us down in an auditorium filled with 5000 people, they will always argue that they are in no away anti-Semitic in opposing the right of Israel to exist.
Let us therefore agree with him, and PROVE beyond any shadow of doubt that hating all Semites is anti-Semitism, while hating Jews results in their denying the Jewish People the right to national self-determination in our own ancestral homeland.
Questioning the inviolable rights of the Jewish People to total ownership of the Land Of Israel is nothing short of genocidal Jew-hatred.
If Torah is a lie, and Ha'Shem did not make an eternal covenenat with the Jews, then Christianity and Islam are also 100% complete lies.
Those in favor of "Palestine" are in fact telling the world that Christianity and Islam both have no right to exist and must be destroyed.
By logical extension, Druzim, Ba'hai, Sufism, Catholicism, and every offshoot of Protestantism are total falsehoods and based on lies.
Simple, isn't it?

MassuhDGoodName
Out

Who are the foolish people who have Ph.D's?

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »
I have seen Buchanan interviewed on numerous news channel shows and the one thing that I notice about the guy is how stubborn he is. But he is anti-semitic, I remember about three years ago there was a book out called for "Jews for Buchanan" probably written by a bunch of self hating jews. Does anybody remember this book?

Offline ScotcH

• Senior JTFer
  • The burden that hath befallen Man ...
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 12:08:28 AM »
Pat Buchanan is an isolationist old guard Republican Known NOW as Paleo-conservative.  In the tradition of the self-efficient American System the grand protectionist would single-handedly defuse our dependency on ARAB SHEIK Pig Oil !

I would advise the Neo-Con Interventionists to respect the humble origins of the GOP Nationalist movement and refrain for calling originalist Reformers anti-Semites for I'm sure you wouldn't call the Isolationist "great White father of America" George Washington that much maligned phrase !!

Two Words: Neutrality Proclamation !
Learn them well you so-called AmeriCANS !!
SUBMISSION IS DEATH !

Offline Muck DeFuslims

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 04:40:32 AM »
Pat Buchanan is an anti-Semitic piece of crap, and I'd advise you to take your comparison of Buchanon to George Washington as well as your 'Neo-Con Interventionist' leftist rhetoric and stick it up your small intestine.

Offline ScotcH

• Senior JTFer
  • The burden that hath befallen Man ...
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 01:17:20 AM »
I am far from being in the LEFTIE Hollywood Defeatist crowd but I am willing to see beyond the narrow vision bestowed upon originalist Constitutional thinkers.

After all isn't this the current Conservative principle of STRICT Constructionism that everyone is so fond of.  The man indeed has words in his past that leave much to be desired.  But I must state Pig Nazi Pat Buchanan as he is commonly called in here, despises that Arab Muslim TERRORIST SCUM just as much as any Westerner wanting to Escape from the loins of ARAB Pig Oil and leaving the Dreck-smelling Animals to rot in it.

Buchanan I believe would have those PIG MUZZIES on their Knee begging for MERCY from the "Great SATAN" Economic Mastermind !
SUBMISSION IS DEATH !