Author Topic: It's hard to spy on Muslims: top cop  (Read 3006 times)

Kiwi

It's hard to spy on Muslims: top cop
« on: November 12, 2007, 04:43:57 AM »
It's hard to spy on Muslims: top cop

SECURITY agencies are struggling to infiltrate extremist Muslim groups using the undercover methods they employ to tackle organised crime, one of Australia's leading counter-terrorism experts believes.

NSW Assistant Police Commissioner Nick Kaldas warned that the line between terrorism and crime had blurred as terrorists tried new ideas in pursuing their ideological goals.

"They're very innovative about working up new ways to communicate with each other," Mr Kaldas said. "There's obviously enormous difficulty in penetrating these groups, unlike organised crime groups where you still have a chance of getting an undercover operative."

Mr Kaldas, head of the NSW police counter-terrorism unit, said community programs were useful in reducing the likelihood of Muslims turning to extremism, and in improving relations with authorities.

"There may be a small percentage that will not engage, and they're the one's we probably ought to be worried about," he said.

"The point of community contact is to build resilience within communities which are susceptible to that radicalising effect. And it's about not letting more people get sucked into the vortex of radicalisation."

Mr Kaldas said terrorists, unlike criminal groups, often stepped up their efforts when they discovered they were under surveillance.

"When they feel they're being watched, they don't back away but pick up the pace," he said. "That's something we've really got to grapple with."

Mr Kaldas said the internet was one of the main sources used by terrorists to obtain propaganda material.

He expressed concern about members of the Muslim and Arab communities relying too heavily on foreign news to shape their views of the world.

Mr Kaldas said while NSW police did not want to ban people from watching television networks such as al-Jazeera, they were interested in introducing community members to Australian views through grassroots programs.

"We need more effective community engagements ... so they're aware of a broader picture and different points of view," he said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22702745-2702,00.html

newman

Re: It's hard to spy on Muslims: top cop
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 04:48:13 AM »
On the other hand we could just shoot the muSSlim-nazi SOBs.

Kiwi

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 04:53:50 AM »
Out of interest sake, Newman do you own a gun?  ???

newman

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 04:59:01 AM »

Not any more. Long story. Used to partisipate in Service Rifle comp' down in Sydney.

Kiwi

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 05:05:21 AM »

Not any more. Long story. Used to partisipate in Service Rifle comp' down in Sydney.

Oh ok ...cool about the comps I used to go to a lot here.

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 05:10:10 PM »

Somebody in my small city shot through the front door of the local mosque a few months ago.
(I swear it wasn't me)

Kiwi

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 07:02:34 PM »
Did they kill anyone?

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 10:04:40 AM »
Did they kill anyone?

No. It was done in the early morning hours.
I think somebody was just expressing their opinion of Islam- not aiming to kill.

newman

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 10:22:28 AM »
Did they kill anyone?

I think somebody was just expressing their opinion of Islam- not aiming to kill.

iSSlam would make Mother Theresa want to grab an M60.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 01:32:59 PM »

Somebody in my small city shot through the front door of the local mosque a few months ago.
(I swear it wasn't me)

:::D
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Kiwi

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 01:16:34 AM »
Did they kill anyone?

lol she wasn't very holy that woman anyway  :::D

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 07:56:58 AM »
Did they kill anyone?

lol she wasn't very holy that woman anyway  :::D

What did she do?
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 08:37:29 PM »
Did they kill anyone?

albanians won't kill they own, unless for very great cause :::D :::D
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 09:03:04 AM »
Did they kill anyone?

albanians won't kill they own, unless for very great cause :::D :::D

Yeah, sectarian violence or killing the Christians in their midst.

Kiwi

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 11:41:20 PM »

What did she do?

She never believed in general anaesthetic, and so all operations done under her control had no pain relief.

And her patients dying also had no pain relief either. The body gets to a point where it can't cope and shuts down, that when she made sure she was around to have her pictures taken.

Saint no way.

She said to them if you are a true believer god will take your pain away  :-\

But then again why let the truth about her get in the way of the myth she created.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 12:08:20 AM »

What did she do?

She never believed in general anaesthetic, and so all operations done under her control had no pain relief.

And her patients dying also had no pain relief either. The body gets to a point where it can't cope and shuts down, that when she made sure she was around to have her pictures taken.

Saint no way.

She said to them if you are a true believer G-d will take your pain away  :-\

But then again why let the truth about her get in the way of the myth she created.

If what she did is God's honest truth, then it must be told regardless of who is offended.

Kiwi

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 12:12:33 AM »

What did she do?

Saint no way.

If what she did is G-d's honest truth, then it must be told regardless of who is offended.

She is well studied in the Nursing area of what not to do.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 12:13:51 AM »

What did she do?

Saint no way.

If what she did is G-d's honest truth, then it must be told regardless of who is offended.

She is well studied in the Nursing area of what not to do.

;D