Author Topic: Making Arab Oil Obsolete  (Read 2612 times)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Making Arab Oil Obsolete
« on: November 16, 2007, 11:52:34 AM »

Okay, I'm a practical person, we're constantly hearing "use alternative energy", "get off oil" blah, blah, etc. ad-nausium. Well I'm all for it, and noooo, not because I believe in the Global Warming scam, and yes it is a scam perpetuated by con artists that are making a pile of money off of their pseudo-science scaremongering and holding naive well intentioned people hostage to eco-fascism.

No, I'm for using alternative fuels because I want arab oil to be obsolete, I want it to be worthless, I want to see the arabs back where they belong, in the desert, in tents, herding goats and bothering nobody but the poor goats.

So where was I? Oh yes, "use alternative energy" blah blah ad-nausium", I'd love to! Question is, HOW!? I don't see electric cars for sale at the local car dealer, no houses for sale pre-wired for solar power, I get the retorec but no practical possibilities, well to me, that's the definition of BULLSH**!

Anyway, rant aside, I took it upon myself to do research on a practical way not to use arab oil, and I found every car sold in America that will run on ethanol (corn alcohol, any alcohol for that matter). And get this, call me paranoid, but it wasn't easy, I had to dig, it's like the carmakers DON'T WANT YOU TO BUY ALTERNATIVE FUEL CARS! You have to actively look, they don't promote it, they bury the fact that they are even selling them and you have to effing dig to find them. It's rotten, apparently they like using oil and they like pushing it on us, the carmakers and officials talk a good game, but in reality they're in cahoots with the oilmen, they're interlocking bastards in business with each other.

Regardless, I'm pragmatic, remember? And you still need to function, get around, so why not do it while spitting in the eye of the arabs and the fatcats.

So here it is, after using google prolifically, cars you can buy now that run on alcohol, check it out:
http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/05/ethanol_cars/index_01.htm

Here's GM's lineup:
http://www.gm.com/shop/results.jsp?bodyStyle=11&bodyStyle=12&bodyStyle=04&bodyStyle=05&bodyStyle=03&bodyStyle=13&bodyStyle=01&lowPrice=10000&highPrice=65000&fuel=E85&

My next car will be one of those, I'm leaning towards the Sebring Converible.  8)

Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

newman

Re: Making Arab Oil Obsolete
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 12:00:05 PM »
6 million cars have been sold in the USA that will run on 85% ethanol already! They don't shout it from the rooftops. You can check if your car is one by looking at the VIN.

Here's a link:

http://www.e85fuel.com/e85101/flexfuelvehicles.php

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 12:08:06 PM »
6 million cars have been sold in the USA that will run on 85% ethanol already! They don't shout it from the rooftops. You can check if your car is one by looking at the VIN.

Here's a link:

http://www.e85fuel.com/e85101/flexfuelvehicles.php

They should shout it from the rooftops, they keep whining about the energy shortage, global warming, nonstop, but then I have to work my way through the carmaker's websites, digging to find the ethanol cars, there isn't even a link for them, you have to do searches, and when you find them, they hide the fact that they are ethanol vehicles, they treat the fact like it's a minor option on the car and not a major aspect of it.

And the population of the US is 320 million, 6 million ethanol cars is a drop in the bucket, we need that number to be well over the 100 million mark, then it's substantial and not just more bullsh*t.

And don't get me started on how there's no gas stations that sell ethanol in NY.

By the way, gas is over $3.50 a gallon, ethanol is $1.90 a gallon. It's cheaper, and it puts arabs back where they belong, in their beloved traditional nomadic lifestyle herding goats, it's a win-win solution.  O0
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 12:14:41 PM by NewYorker »

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
  • Chaim Ben Pesach- Civil Rights Leader 4 The Ages
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 01:03:10 PM »
  I have to say that your idea is not bad, but there are things we have to watch out for.
1. Americans still want gas guzzling cars.
2. To get ethanol now, we have to grow more corn.  Corn is also used as food, so there are conflicting interests that might drive food prices up.
I LOVE dogs because muslims do not!!!!  Have your dog kiss a muslim today!

newman

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 01:29:45 PM »
  I have to say that your idea is not bad, but there are things we have to watch out for.
2. To get ethanol now, we have to grow more corn.  Corn is also used as food, so there are conflicting interests that might drive food prices up.

Corn is grown in the turd world and can be bought cheap.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 01:41:03 PM »

We can produce more than enough corn, or whatever to make alcohol to fuel every car in this country and then some, American farmers are the best in the world. Our major health concern in this country is obesity because of an overabundance of food, the government currently pays subsedes to farmers not to produce! Lets put the farmers to work, and the arabs back in tents!  O0

The fact that we haven't already is not due to inability or capacity to do so, that's one of the BIG LIES, we could do it decades ago, we haven't because the oilmen block it, they own the politicans and crush any uppity guy with bright ideas about putting them out of business.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »
Yeah, I didn't think of that!  ;)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 02:19:17 PM »
Americans really need to push for this, it is the most viable solution, better than hydrogen and electric, for the following reasons.

• Your existing gas car can be easily converted to run on alcohol, you don't need to buy a new car, your car doesn't become obsolete.
  • The fuel distribution infrastructure is also already there, gas stations become alcohol stations
  • Our farmers can easily rev up production to meet the demand for alcohol
  • Scientists can easily genetically engineer crops, and the fermenting microbes to maximize the production of the alcohol fuel
  • Fuel will therefore become dirt cheap and unlimited, leading naturally to a booming economy and cheap goods

Fuel will become like potatos; When you eat a potato, we don't run out, we just grow another one!

Oh and arabs go back to wandering camel caravans and living in tents instead of being funded to wage war against us with our money.

So we have an enemy here stopping this from happening, it is the oil industry, those evil f**kers have been blocking this, lieing to us saying that they are the only option, and making it that they are the only option, and protecting their fortunes at all our expense for decades now, these evil men should be publically hung.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 02:27:19 PM by NewYorker »

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 03:28:53 PM »
One day we will all be free of Islamic Muslim Nazi oil, G-d willing.  The technology is right around the corner.  We just have to ward off the big oil lobby that can't stand to lose an ounce of it's control.

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2007, 09:20:12 PM »
I think most people could live without corn. Plus we can always get some from other countries (preferably not muslim ones)
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Gruzinit

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2007, 09:37:37 PM »

Unfortunately, ethanol has a net energy value of zero, b/c it takes alot of energy to harvest, refine and ship it. It's also degradable, and can't be shopped through pipelines. A University study found that Ethanol will only meet 12% of our energy demands and increase our dependence on oil.
The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money. – Alexis de Tocqueville

Communism is like prohibition, it's a good idea but it won't work. - Will Rogers

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2007, 09:48:51 PM »
What do you think of drilling in the Anwar in the short-term?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 10:45:25 PM »
Rationalthought110:  "...What do you think of drilling in the Anwar in the short-term?..."

Such a measure can not help the U.S. in any way, and here's the reason why:

The oil companies who do the drilling and expedition of the oil are supranational corporations.

They have no allegiance to the U.S., or any other country for that matter.

Whomever offers the highest price for the available supply buys the oil.

The Anwar Reserve's entire petroleum gains are but a drop in the bucket, and the bucket contains the global oil supply.

Short of oil & energy companies operating from within the United States being nationalized; so that 100% of production and supply is only for the purpose of domestic U.S. consumption, the exploratory drilling of known petroleum reserves will serve only those best able to pay every higher prices (China and India).

You mean to say you thought Bush was actually building a democracy in Iraq?

oh!

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 06:02:18 AM »
Everyone in the U.S. have so many gaz-guzzling Trucks that contribute partially to the problem.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 09:07:09 PM »
Gruzinit:  "...Unfortunately, ethanol has a net energy value of zero, b/c it takes alot of energy to harvest, refine and ship it..."

Absolutely correct.

In addition, the acreage of arable land which would be needed to grow enough corn for ethanol production supplying just the U.S. would almost equal the entire area of the United States.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 03:33:48 PM »

Unfortunately, ethanol has a net energy value of zero, b/c it takes alot of energy to harvest, refine and ship it. It's also degradable, and can't be shopped through pipelines. A University study found that Ethanol will only meet 12% of our energy demands and increase our dependence on oil.

Call me cynical and paraniod but I have a feeling that figure is an oil company lie, a net energy value of zero? That makes no sense, listen, lets put the same requirements on gasoline derived from oil, it's not like gasoline just jumps out of the ground fully formed and ready to put into your gas tank, it must be drilled, the crude oil pumped, transported on tanker ships, refined, transported to the filling stations, how come gas doesn't have a net energy value of zero? After all that you'd think gas would If anything did; Oh that's right, the oil companies make their money off of it so no dire "zero net gain" assertions. I'm telling you be very suspicious of those dubious figures and statistics especially when there's money involved, and even more so when the money is as massive as the oil companies make.

lets say we've even got farm equipment that runs on ethanol, the tractor uses a tank of ethanol to PLOW THE WHOLE FARM, the distilling equipment, no ethanol is used, it's electricity from the grid that's used for distilling, that's what I've been talking about, growing the corn (or whatever it doesn't have to be corn could be anything really), and distilling it into ethanol, is analogous to drilling the oil, pumping it, transporting it, the process of making ethanol seems to be far less difficult than the process of aquiring crude oil and refining it into gasoline actually.

I predict a MASSIVE NET GAIN for us, and a massive net LOSS for the oil companies.

By the way, this isn't aimed at you Gruznit, I know you're just quoting what you've heard, you've been lied to just like the rest of us.

Offline genteelgentile

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 03:35:21 PM »
   Ssssssssssooooooooo...Let's just do what all the anti-war liberal weenies think we are doing anyway, and plunder the oil from Iraq and (hopefully soon) Iran!

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »
  Ssssssssssooooooooo...Let's just do what all the anti-war liberal weenies think we are doing anyway, and plunder the oil from Iraq and (hopefully soon) Iran!

Sure, don't know why we haven't. If this were actually a "war for oil" shouldn't we be paying .50 cents a gallon at the pump right now?