Author Topic: MOHAMED IS NO.2 NAME IN THE UK: Times Online  (Read 2619 times)

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
MOHAMED IS NO.2 NAME IN THE UK: Times Online
« on: November 19, 2007, 01:17:56 AM »
Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/arti...

Muhammad is now second only to Jack as the most popular name for baby boys in Britain and is likely to rise to No 1 by next year, a study by The Times has found. The name, if all 14 different spellings are included, was shared by 5,991 newborn boys last year, beating Thomas into third place, followed by Joshua and Oliver.

Scholars said that the name’s rise up the league table was driven partly by the growing number of young Muslims having families, coupled with the desire to name their child in honour of Islam's Prophet.

Muhammad Anwar, Professor of Ethnic Relations at Warwick University, said:“Muslim parents like to have something that shows a link with their religion or with the Prophet.”

Although the official names register places the spelling Mohammed at No 23, an analysis of the top 3,000 names provided by the Office for National Statistics (ONS) puts Muhammad at No 2 once the 14 spellings are taken into account. If its popularity continues – it rose by 12 per cent last year – the name will take the top spot by the end of this year. It first entered the Top 30 in 2000.

The spelling Muhammad, like all transliterations, comes from replacing the Arabic script with what is deemed its closest Latin equivalent. There are many versions in Britain, depending on where the family are from and variations in pronounciation.

Muhammad, which means “one who is praiseworthy”, is often given to boys as an honorary prefix and is followed by the name by which they are commonly known. It is regularly cited as the most common name in the world, though there is no concrete evidence.

newman

Re: MOHAMED IS NO.2 NAME IN THE UK: Times Online
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 01:27:40 AM »
What's the number one girls' name in harlem?

BRAZZZZIIIIIIIIIILLLIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
  • islam must be eradicated & all muslims wiped out
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:05:27 AM »
What's the number one girls' name in harlem?

BRAZZZZIIIIIIIIIILLLIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Most Shvartzes have stupid names.
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Because the West needs to be won again and the stakes couldn't be higher . . .

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 09:39:59 AM »
My mother' name was refused by the town officials, because it was an abbreviation of a common girls' name.
There are laws of names that can and cannot be used, for a child to register it.

Why don't we make laws , prohibiting all koranic names?
If this name exists as a biblical name, than it is OK.

ARABS OUT!!!
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 09:45:04 AM »
Why don't we make laws , prohibiting all koranic names*?

ARABS OUT!!!

*arab names
The satanic barbaric deathcult of islam spread like a cancer throughout the world, killing and destroying everything it touches. muslims are like the hiv/aids virus, subverting the societies of non muslim lands only to allow the cancer of islam to consume and destroy. muslim, I curse and hate you, your 'prophet', 'g o d' and deathcult.   

Offline JTFFan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 10:20:42 AM »

ARABS OUT!!!

*arab names

Most arabs have names no non-arabic speaker can pronounce.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 10:22:45 AM »

ARABS OUT!!!

*arab names

Most arabs have names no non-arabic speaker can pronounce.

You can pronounce them if you are familiar with arabic. Their names are horrible.

newman

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 10:23:20 AM »
If I had my way, the only names arabs would have is John/Jane Doe, toe tag number 106545453.

Offline Mstislav

• Master JTFer
    • The American Infidels
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 11:05:26 AM »
If I had my way, the only names arabs would have is John/Jane Doe, toe tag number 106545453.

O0 8;)