Author Topic: Sand Cats  (Read 4926 times)

Offline ravdov571

• New JTFer
Sand Cats
« on: November 25, 2007, 04:05:50 PM »
The Sand Cat (Felis margarita) is a small wild cat distributed over African and Asian deserts. The name "Desert Cat" is reserved for a subspecies of the true Wildcat, but it would be appropriate for this species. It lives in those arid areas that are too hot and dry even for the Desert Cat: the Sahara, the Arabian Desert, and the deserts of Iran and Pakistan. It usually lives up to 13 years.

The length averages almost 50 cm (20 in), plus a 30 cm (12 in) tail, and the weight averages about at 2.7 kg (6 lbs). The head is conspicuously broad, the ears are large and pointed. The colour of the fur is a sandy yellow, with pallid bars, which are sometimes hardly visible.

In the daytime the Sand Cat hides under rocks. At night it hunts for rodents, lizards and insects. Since the Sand Cat obtains all the water it needs from eating its prey, it stays mostly far away from watering points. Sand cats congregate only for mating so numbering them is a difficult task. It seems however that its number has been declining in the Arabian desert following a rarefaction of its prey.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 10:10:52 PM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »
Shalom,
Dov

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
Re: Sand Cats
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 07:59:22 PM »
Wow, they are adorable.  I love cats. 
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 09:46:30 PM »
me too. miauw miauw
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ari

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 06:56:16 PM »
Nice cats.

newman

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 04:46:57 AM »

All good people love cats. :)

newman

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 05:51:43 AM »

All good people love cats. :)

Even Chaim does. He just thinks we shouldn't have them as pets. 

Cat ownership has been proven to lower blood pressure and extend human life.

I still say the Talmudic teaching about animals indoors was written in the days of dirt floors, no plumbing etc and referred to livestock.

Cats are clean and we have tiles, carpet disinfectant, vacuum cleaners, running hot wateretc.

Is that particular instruction really relevant to cats in The 21st Century?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 06:00:47 AM by Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim »

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 05:58:56 PM »
me too. miauw miauw

Is that the Belgian way to spell meow?

yeah , the Dutch&Flemish way
Turkey must get out of NATO. NATO must get out of Kosovo-Serbia. Croats must get out of Crajina. All muslims must get out of Christian and Jewish land. Turks must get out of Cyprus. Turks must get out of "Istanbul". "Palestinians" must get out of Israel. Israel must become independent from USA.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 09:49:28 PM »
Yes indeed.

our flemish flag :

If you want to combat anti-semitism in Flanders:
Start here:
http://www.boycotisrael.info/affiche.htm

http://www.boycotisrael.info/html/merknamen.htm
in order to neutralise this nazis.

I always buy what is on this boycot-list O0

Offline yeshuadisciple

• Full JTFer
  • My crazy parrot
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 10:23:29 PM »
Aww, no cats indoors, I'd be bummed out if that were true.  it's true their dander can be an irritant but you can always run air filters.  On the plus side they control pests.  I've never seen so much as a mouse turd for the 10 years I've had my cat; and when I first bought my place I found dead mice in my hood fan in my kitchen, blech!  Plus he's reeeeeeeally affectionate.  Loves to sleep with me and cuddle up on my lap. 
And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.  And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
Zechariah 12:9-10

"Seventy weeks have been decreed for your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to make an end of sin, to make atonement for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy place.  "So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.  "Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.  "And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate."
Daniel 9:24-27

My lovely wife

newman

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 01:34:16 AM »
Aww, no cats indoors, I'd be bummed out if that were true.  it's true their dander can be an irritant but you can always run air filters.  On the plus side they control pests.  I've never seen so much as a mouse turd for the 10 years I've had my cat; and when I first bought my place I found dead mice in my hood fan in my kitchen, blech!  Plus he's reeeeeeeally affectionate.  Loves to sleep with me and cuddle up on my lap. 

It's also proven that you'll live longer and have lower blood pressure by having a cat close by. The good outweighs the bad 100 fold with cats & dogs.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 02:23:29 AM »
I am a huge cat lover--always have been. We have indoor-only cats. A sweet, cuddly cat is simply the most wonderful pet imaginable--end of story.  ;)

newman

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 07:34:40 PM »

It's also proven that you'll live longer and have lower blood pressure by having a cat close by. The good outweighs the bad 100 fold with cats & dogs.

How does a cat do that?

They've wired people up to EEG machines and given some of them cats. The ones with cats had their blood pressure lowered before the testers' eyes. I deliver to old peoples' homes that keep pet cats and dogs inside because the elderly people are happier and healthier with them there. Statistics also show pet owners live longer and enjoy better health.

Offline Ambiorix

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • There is no "Istanbul"
    • Brussels Journal
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2007, 08:41:14 PM »

isn't it hilarious?!?