Author Topic: Annapolis Statement Leaves Out J'lem; Shas Staying in Government  (Read 2397 times)

admin

Why should the name of this great American city be tarnished by a Nazi conference?

Click below URL for pictures in the article.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/124397

Published: 11/27/07, 9:14 PM
Annapolis Statement Leaves Out J'lem; Shas Staying in Government

by Gil Ronen

(IsraelNN.com) At the ceremonial opening of the international summit at Annapolis, United States President George W. Bush read out a joint statement agreed upon by Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and PA Chairman Mahmoud Abbas. The statement included a commitment by both sides of the conflict over the Land of Israel to "make every effort" to strike a deal by late 2008.

According to Channel 1 reporter Ayala Hason, the PA side insisted that the statement not include the phrase "a Jewish state," and it was dropped. On the other hand, the word "Jerusalem" was also not mentioned.

Yishai: Nothing practical
Interviewed on IDF Radio after the opening statements, Shas chairman Eli Yishai said Shas would not be leaving the government as long as nothing "practical" is agreed upon.
Demonstrator, Annapolis.
Ezra HaLevi

Pro-Israel woman holds sign of victims of Palestinian Authority terrorism
Ezra HaLevi

Pro-Israel protestors recite prayers to defend Jerusalem from Israeli government
Ezra HaLevi

In his speech at Annapolis, which was delivered in Hebrew, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said: "Negotiations will address all the issues which thus far have been evaded. We will not avoid any subject."

"While this will be an extremely difficult process for many of us," Olmert added, "it is nevertheless inevitable. I know it. Many of my people know it. We are ready for it. I believe that the post-1967 reality will be changed in a very significant manner."
Demonstrators at Annapolis.
Ezra HaLevi

Americans For a Safe Israel chapters from around the US came to Annapolis to strengthen Israel's territorial integrity
Ezra HaLevi

At the Annapolis rally, in support of One Undivided Jewish Homeland
Ezra HaLevi

Pro-Israel rally to defend Jerusalem from Israeli government
Ezra HaLevi

The joint statement read out by President Bush said: "We express our determination to bring an end to bloodshed, suffering and decades of conflict between our peoples; to usher in a new era of peace, based on freedom, security, justice, dignity, respect and mutual recognition; to propagate a culture of peace and nonviolence; to confront terrorism and incitement, whether committed by Palestinians or Israelis."

We're prepared for painful, danger-fraught compromise
It went on to say: "We agree to immediately launch good-faith bilateral negotiations in order to conclude a peace treaty resolving all outstanding issues, including all core issues without exception, as specified in previous agreements. We agree to engage in vigorous, ongoing and continuous negotiations and shall make every effort to conclude an agreement before the end of 2008."

Olmert mentioned "the terrible terror by Palestinian terrorists [which has] hurt thousands of Israeli citizens, the destruction of families and the efforts to disrupt the lives of Israeli citizens." Despite these things, Olmert said, "we want peace. We demand a cessation of terror, incitement and hatred. We are prepared for a painful, danger-fraught compromise to achieve these aspirations."

Protestor calls for Israel to stand strong against US pressure
Ezra HaLevi

Buses brought thousands of pro-Israel supporters to call for no territorial concessions to Arabs
Ezra HaLevi

Religious Jews participated in demonstration calling to maintain Jewish sovereignty over all of Israel
Ezra HaLevi

The elderly joined in the pro-Israel protests
Ezra HaLevi

As Israel high schools enter 7th week of strike, Israel's call on Olmert to come home to solve education crisis first
Ezra HaLevi

Young protestor wears shirt with slogan "We will not forget; we will not forgive" in reference to Israel gov'ts expulsion of Gaza Jews in 2005
Ezra HaLevi

Ezra HaLevi, Israel National News correspondent, reported that several hundred pro-Israel demonstrators held signs outside the venue of the summit, protesting the intentions to hand over parts of Jerusalem to the enemy. Most of the demonstrators were young people, some of whom played Zionist and Jewish songs on their guitars.

Anti-Zionist Neturei Karta Jews were on the scene too, as were demonstrators from One Voice and two or three "Jews for Jesus."
Arabs hold anti-Israel signs
Ezra HaLevi

Extremist Jewish sect Neturei Karta support dismantling of Jewish State

Anti-Israel rally-goer calls for division of Jewish homeland
Ezra HaLevi

Click here to receive our free Daily Israel Report

© A7 Syndications - This article may not be republished freely. Written and oral arrangements prior to April, 2007 must be reconfirmed. If you are republishing A7 material, please contact us promptly.
Post Comment      Send to Friend      Print Version 

Post Comment
Thank you for sending your comments to our news forum.

Close

Comments which include incitement, slander or foul language will not be published.
Name:   
City:   
Subject:   

Send to Friend
Send to Email:   
Sender Name:   
Sender E-Mail:   

Syria 'Likely' to Attend Summit, Golan Heights on the Agenda   Weekend Roundup: 2 Terrorists Eliminated, 31 Caught by IDF

Talkback   15 Comments
View All Comments

1. Shas Enables Destruction of Israel
Jerry, NYC (27/11/07)
1. Shas Enables Destruction of Israel
By staying in the government, they allow Olmert to give away Judea & Samaria, paving the way for the destrution of the nation. That is the simple truth.
Jerry, NYC (27/11/07)
Close Reply
2. Shas' reasons for staying - sheer gibberish.
Aubrey Wulfsohn, Leamington spa (27/11/07)
2. Shas' reasons for staying - sheer gibberish.
Besides confirming Shas' decisioon to stay in the government, Yishai's statement is gibberish.
Aubrey Wulfsohn, Leamington spa (27/11/07)
Close Reply
3. What do Very Painful Concessions Mean
MARK, BOSTON (27/11/07)
3. What do Very Painful Concessions Mean
Now we are talking about 1948 borders. First 1967, then 1949, now 1948 What next UN partition plan?
MARK, BOSTON (27/11/07)
Close Reply
4. Shoot me
Ilan, Jerusalem (27/11/07)
4. Shoot me
Give me a gun to shoot myself - why wait till I get shot on my balcony by some arabs...Thank you olmert it couldnt have happend without you.
Ilan, Jerusalem (27/11/07)
Close Reply
5. Israelis not Israel
Andrei, Newton MA USA (27/11/07)
5. Israelis not Israel
The declaration did not include the word "ISRAEL" either.
Andrei, Newton MA USA (27/11/07)
Close Reply
6. "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting...
Norway, (27/11/07)
6. "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting...
A DIFFERENT RESULT"
(Albert Einstein).

The current world situation is in
the throes of such madness.

ANNAPOLIS WILL ONCE AGAIN BE
ABOUT GIVING AWAY

"LAND FOR PEACE, PIECE BY PIECE"

IN EXCHANGE FOR PROMISES WHICH ALREADY HAVE BEEN PROVEN WORTHLESS.

THE FIRST DEMAND WAS END OF pal-ARAB TERRORISM, DISARMING AND DEMOBILIZING OF INNUMERABLE TERROR GROUPS.

THE pal-ARAB LEADERS SIGNED THE
"ROAD-MAP-TO-PIECES," YEARS AGO,

BUT THE TERROR HAS NOT DECREASED,
NO TERROR GROUPS DISARMED OR DEMOBILIZED - QUITE THE CONTRARY!

ANOTHER OF EINSTEIN'S GREAT
SAYINGS WAS:

"THE WORLD WAR AFTER THE NEXT ONE
WILL BE FOUGHT WITH ROCKS."

And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came
and drew nigh to meet David,

THAT DAVID HASTENED AND RAN,
TOWARD THE ARMY

TO MEET THE PHILISTINE.

AND DAVID PUT HIS HAND IN HIS BAG,
AND TOOK THENCE A STONE,
"Knowledge of God"

AND SLUNG IT, AND SMOTE THE PHILISTINE IN HIS FOREHEAD

AND THE STONE "Knowledge of God"
SANK INTO HIS FOREHEAD,

AND HE FELL UPON HIS FACE
TO THE EARTH.

So David prevailed over
the Philistine...

WITH A SLING AND WITH A STONE,

and smote the Philistine,
and slew him,

BUT THERE WAS NO SWORD IN THE HAND
OF DAVID.
1 Samuel 17:48-50
Norway, (27/11/07)
Close Reply
7. DEAF, DUMB AND BLIND
doctor d., boston (27/11/07)
7. DEAF, DUMB AND BLIND
To Shas and Israel Beitenu: Olmert said, "Negotiations will address ALL ISSUES WHICH HAVE THUS FAR BEEN EVADED. We will not avoid ANY subject." Does that not imply Jerusalem? The Golan? Judea and Samaria? What will be left? The sea? Have you all gone deaf,dumb and mute?
doctor d., boston (27/11/07)
Close Reply
8. Shas in the Kneset
Tova, New york (27/11/07)
8. Shas in the Kneset
It is a big Sin and Chilul Hashem for Shas to stay in the Goverment now in light of what's happening in Annapolis.
Is Money more important than Human Life? Now we have quiet in the parts of Israel that we did not negotiate Peace(Jerusalem,Samaria and Golan)
Tova, New york (27/11/07)
Close Reply
9. I'm Sephardic
Meira, tampastan bay (27/11/07)
9. I'm Sephardic
and SHAS makes me sick. This wording is meaningless. Olmert wimped out and so dod SHAS and others in the coalition. They want us to think they didn't capitulate but they left the door open to do so later rather than make an no holds barred, unequivocal statement about both issues.
Well, we'll still be there later next year because if I'm going to get shot, better on the walls of Jerusalem than in some mall parking lot cause I wanted to hold on to my car.
Meira, tampastan bay (27/11/07)
Close Reply
10. Hypocrisy and fantasy.
Lee, Manchester (27/11/07)
10. Hypocrisy and fantasy.
They talk of 'freedom, respect, mutual recognition and tolerance' but the fact of Israel being a Jewish state has to be omitted from all speeches!!!??? Can someone help me out here, because where i come from that is contradictory?? Was islamic state omitted from any speeches pertainig to the arabs.. id be interested to know. God bless Israel.
Lee, Manchester (27/11/07)
Close Reply
11. The leadears are RUBBISH!
Max Levy, ISRAELIAMERICAN (27/11/07)
11. The leadears are RUBBISH!
The statement made by Mr. Bush is RUBBISH!! the talk and the hand shakes by the clowns so called leaders out to steal the land of Israel from our Jewish brothers and sisters is RUBBISH!! The three bandits and company will end up with montains of RUBBISH!! A waist of precious time while time is running out for the people of Israel in all fronts. It is time for our people to stand up and fight! WAKE-UP! STAND-UP ISRAEL! WE HAVE NO CHOICE)))!!!...
Max Levy, ISRAELIAMERICAN (27/11/07)
Close Reply
12. Utter rubbish - Shas would stay anyway they are obsessed with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
ben, london (27/11/07)
12. Utter rubbish - Shas would stay anyway they are obsessed with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Shas is not interested in the future of Israel. All the corrupt Shas is interested in is the money! Anyone can see past the crap that comes out these corrupt anti-Zionists.
ben, london (27/11/07)
Close Reply
13. # 3 IT MEANS GO BACK TO THE ROMAN EMPIRE BORDERS (N"C)
, DACON9......... (27/11/07)
13. # 3 IT MEANS GO BACK TO THE ROMAN EMPIRE BORDERS (N"C)
, DACON9......... (27/11/07)
Close Reply
14. Notice the term "Jewish State" was dropped?
R.Alkalai, US (27/11/07)
14. Notice the term "Jewish State" was dropped?
This should clue everyone in on what Olmert's intentions are.

As for Shas, they are corrupt - if this is a sample of the values they teach in their Yeshivas, it is then time to cut their funding completely. They gambled with the life of every Jew to keep their power and funding. This is unforgivable.

R.Alkalai, US (27/11/07)
Close Reply
15. Shas Destroys Israel By Staying In Govt. (N"C)
Reuven, (27/11/07)
15. Shas Destroys Israel By Staying In Govt. (N"C)
Reuven, (27/11/07)
Close Reply

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
Re: Annapolis Statement Leaves Out J'lem; Shas Staying in Government
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 10:49:40 PM »
This was just the start of the conference though, right?
I dont see why Shas assumes that Jerusalem wont be discussed, Olmert is a slimebag and he may have avoided it today, but who knows about tomorrow
KAHANE TZADAK!

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 11:24:28 PM »
Really a silly conference. So the Arabs can have an Arab State inside EY, and Israel must not be mentioned as a Jewish State????? Soon they will be discussing the date Jews are drowned in the sea. Please Jews and Geniles read Pasalm 83 (For war times) and 109 ( For the enemies' death. Don't read it for self-hating Jews, only for the enemies).
I think USA has already decided to get rid of Israel and world Jewery. There's no communism now, they don't need Israel. They only supported Israel in the past to contradict the Soviet Union

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 02:35:10 AM »
Really a silly conference. So the Arabs can have an Arab State inside EY, and Israel must not be mentioned as a Jewish State????? Soon they will be discussing the date Jews are drowned in the sea. Please Jews and Geniles read Pasalm 83 (For war times) and 109 ( For the enemies' death. Don't read it for self-hating Jews, only for the enemies).
I think USA has already decided to get rid of Israel and world Jewery. There's no communism now, they don't need Israel. They only supported Israel in the past to contradict the Soviet Union

The American Government was Anti-Israel even during The Cold War.

I agree. American Govt was never pro-Israeli. But at least they wished Israel to survive during Cold War. Now it seems that they have decided to get rid of Israel as a whole, not just to treat it unfairly.
BTW, I see very few people worried about Annapolis. Very few come to "Save Israel".... they seem to be more occupied in General Discussion on other topics. Who is really angry and sad about what is being done to Israel just now? :'(