Author Topic: More concerning obama  (Read 1085 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
More concerning obama
« on: February 12, 2008, 12:34:22 PM »
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/953566.html 

Hoenlein says 'concerned' by atmosphere surrounding Obama campaign 

By Anshel Pfeffer, Haaretz Correspondent 

Tags: Malcolm Hoenlein, U.S.   

The head of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations, Malcolm Hoenlein, expressed concern Tuesday with the atmosphere that has surrounded Democratic Senator Barack Obama's campaign for president, while making it clear he has no problem with Obama himself.

"All the talk about change, but without defining what that change should be is an opening for all kind of mischief," Hoenlein said at a press conference in Jerusalem. Obama has made change a central theme in his campaign.

Hoenlein is in Jerusalem for the annual leadership mission of the Conference of Presidents, which will take place this week in Georgia and next week in Israel.
 Advertisement

Hoenlein was careful to stress that "it's not the candidates themselves we are concerned about," pointing out that Obama, like the other major candidates, has signed on to the foundation of a national committee to celebrate Israel?s 60th anniversary in the U.S.

"Of course Obama has plenty of Jewish supporters and there are many Jews around him," Hoenlein said. "But there is a legitimate concern over the zeitgeist around the campaign."

He also cited the fact that Obama has criticized his rival Democratic candidate Senator Hillary Clinton, for her vote in favor of including the Iranian Republican Guards in the list of terror organizations.

The U.S. Jewish leader warned the American presidential campaign could signal a shift toward declining U.S. support for Israel.

"Support for Israel is at an all time high, [but] our polling suggests that as broad the support is, it is also thin and most Americans see Israel as a dark and militaristic place," he said.

He termed the current election season "transitional" and said that it "could bring about a shift in the political life."

Hoenlein said that Israel's supporters should be worried by "the heightening of the bar and the greater tolerance of anti-Israel statements that wouldn't have been allowed in the past."

He singled out the Walt-Mearschimer book on the Israel lobby, that "has become a bestseller and a college textbook" and said that there "is a steady poisoning of the elites, mainly on campuses that could trickle down."

He also mentioned Republican candidate Ron Paul, saying "he is openly anti-Israel and who managed to raise $15 million in two days and is the second preferred candidate of many young voters - that is very worrying."
Hoenlein said that the fact that little space in the candidates' debates had been devoted to foreign policy and the Iranian issue was also a source of worry. 
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

kellymaureen

Re: More concerning obama
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 12:56:06 PM »
Its horrifying that osama may win :(
If he does Im out of here, leaving the country.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 12:57:56 PM »
You can work over the border to Canada :-\    look at this about obama

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/obamas-mentor-gives-farrakhan-his-award
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

kellymaureen

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 01:01:38 PM »
Yes I still have legal resident status and own a house there, Ill have my ex husband get me a cushy govt job where im overpaid and underworked :D

I feel just sick that hes gotten this far...what is wrong with people, he will destroy the country.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 01:02:29 PM »
Yes I still have legal resident status and own a house there, Ill have my ex husband get me a cushy govt job where im overpaid and underworked :D

I feel just sick that hes gotten this far...what is wrong with people, he will destroy the country.
Whitey is under his spell ???

Shot at 2010-01-03

kellymaureen

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 01:04:38 PM »
They in such a hurry to show how "advanced" and "diverse" they are that they are putting the rope around their own necks.....and ours :-\

Offline Vito

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 01:10:05 PM »
There is a young woman in my chorus that volunteers on Obama's campaign.. you want to talk about brainwashed...

kellymaureen

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 05:18:46 PM »
Its horrifying that osama may win :(
If he does Im out of here, leaving the country.
There is no hiding from his presidency!  His being elected will have consequences all over the world!  Most importantly Israel, America and everything the righteous folks hold dear. Damnation to OBAMANATION >:(!

Youre so right....I think we will need the grassy knoll ;)

Offline Cyberella

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 10:17:54 PM »
They in such a hurry to show how "advanced" and "diverse" they are that they are putting the rope around their own necks.....and ours :-\

Yes, and Hussein knows the mentality in this country. He knows he can just about use the race/White Guilt card to ride his a** all the way into the White House.
We need to get on with trashing the muzzie NOW. Hit the boards. Post videos- anything to get the word out!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 10:49:31 PM »
I've just posted this on Jews Against Obama:

http://jewagainstobama.wordpress.com