Author Topic: So bizarre...  (Read 2206 times)

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Senior JTFer
So bizarre...
« on: December 04, 2007, 08:12:39 PM »
My local paper carried a review of the movie "For the Bible Tells Me So".  It is apparently a film about how Bible-believing families deal with a gay son or daughter.  It looks like a heavily slanted hit piece.

One thing made me revolt:

"The movie also attempts to rebut the notion that homosexuality is specifically forbidden in the Bible, and to argue against 'biblical literalism'.  The oft-cited passage in Leviticus, for instance, uses that 'abomination' term, which some scholars apparently define closer to 'nontraditional' than 'sinful'."

I'm not a Biblical scholar.  But even if there is some possible doubt about Leviticus chapter 18, how could someone misinterpret Leviticus 20:13????

Offline Eliezer Ben Avraham

• Master JTFer
Re: So bizarre...
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 08:20:44 PM »
My local paper carried a review of the movie "For the Bible Tells Me So".  It is apparently a film about how Bible-believing families deal with a gay son or daughter.  It looks like a heavily slanted hit piece.

One thing made me revolt:

"The movie also attempts to rebut the notion that homosexuality is specifically forbidden in the Bible, and to argue against 'biblical literalism'.  The oft-cited passage in Leviticus, for instance, uses that 'abomination' term, which some scholars apparently define closer to 'nontraditional' than 'sinful'."

I'm not a Biblical scholar.  But even if there is some possible doubt about Leviticus chapter 18, how could someone misinterpret Leviticus 20:13????
the lie has no feet and everyone sees through these lies and falsehoods
KAHANE TZADAK!