Author Topic: Prophetess' Of Tanak  (Read 2189 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Prophetess' Of Tanak
« on: December 05, 2007, 11:03:12 PM »

Prophetess' Mentioned In The Tanak:

Miriam:

Exodus 15:20
And Miriam the prophetess, the sister of Aaron, took a timbrel in her hand; and all the women went out after her with timbrels and with dances.

Deborah:

Judges 4:4
And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

Huldah:

This was the name of a prophetess -- the wife of Shallum. She was consulted regarding the "book of the law" discovered by the high priest Hilkiah (2 Kings 22:14-20; 2 Chr. 34:22-28). She resided in that part of Jerusalem called the Mishneh (Other translations "the college;" or "the second quarter"), supposed by some to be the suburb between the inner and the outer wall, the second or lower city, Akra.

Isaiah's Wife (unnamed):

Isaiah 8:3

And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz.

Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
Re: Prophetess' Of Tanak
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 12:30:45 AM »
Also Sarah and Avigail, and a few others.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D